Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-28-2009, 05:33 PM

Default Where to buy...

Does anyone know where i can buy a S&W M&P 15-22 in and around the Calgary area? I've been looking and can't seem to find one. here is a link to it,

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...ectionId=10002

Thanks in advance!!
Old 11-28-2009, 06:12 PM

A lot of new releases in the American market take a while to filter up here. This particular one wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't make its way to our side of the border. I'm not saying I would support it being `blacklisted`, but the bureaucrats approving imports on our side and the bureaucrats approving exports from the US side don`t always make the most sense nor the best decisions.

I`d like to see them up here, but then I would expect that as an AR `derivative` it could even get classified as a restricted, then that would limit how many places you could actually use the darned thing. I know its operational mechanics as a rimfire would make it absolutely not an AR derivative, but its got the looks and the name working against it.

I hope you do find one though.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:36 PM

yep i thought it would be restricted forsure just based on the AR platform. its a fun gun and functions very similar to the AR/C8 so its a great training aid at a much lower cost, the rifle is going on the street for 450 US in the states!