Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-14-2017, 07:53 AM
Banned

Default Shout out to helpful members - who would you include?

In the short time I've been here I am amazed at the amount of particularly trades people who have offered their expertise on various subjects.

In particular, I've not only been advised by CaberTosser, I see how often he helps others, and on almost anything to do with heating issues or plumbing issues.

Who would you nominate? I know there are a lot of worthy others out there.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Ken07AOVette also gets my nomination,
just offered his cargo trailor the other day.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
In the short time I've been here I am amazed at the amount of particularly trades people who have offered their expertise on various subjects.

In particular, I've not only been advised by CaberTosser, I see how often he helps others, and on almost anything to do with heating issues or plumbing issues.

x2 on Cabertosser....He is now my Hvac and plumbing dude for my business's

Really knowledgable and trustworthy....
Old 11-14-2017, 09:00 AM

Sundancefisher and BadBack for letting a bunch of people come to their community lake.

Also EZM and Fishinggeeks (Sean) for taking me out on Wabamun a few summers ago. I had a blast.

Last edited by DiabeticKripple; 11-14-2017 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:04 AM

Default Thanks to all

No one person really comes to mind because there are so many people on here ready to help out.

It seems there are subject matter experts on each of the different categories that are willing to share their knowledge and experience with others.

I have seen questions asked or requests for help and someone always steps in.

Just a good bunch of outdoorsmen who walk the walk of our lifestyle.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:29 AM

I'm humbled by the mentions .

I've had great experiences with many members, but the first of note was from when TreeGuy was still in the arborist business and he stopped by with a truckload of firewood after I noted in a post that my (then) 75 year old neighbors pile of firewood by the alley had been stolen in the dark of night. My neighbor got set back up and it built and reinforced some bridges

CzechM8 gave a reference to someone which resulted in a significant bit of work for me, for that I am grateful. He'll be my neighbor soon too, having recently bought merely a block away.

I'll also mention Jack&7 for organizing the wing nights which has made new friends among many of us.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I'm humbled by the mentions .

I've had great experiences with many members, but the first of note was from when TreeGuy was still in the arborist business and he stopped by with a truckload of firewood after I noted in a post that my (then) 75 year old neighbors pile of firewood by the alley had been stolen in the dark of night. My neighbor got set back up and it built and reinforced some bridges

CzechM8 gave a reference to someone which resulted in a significant bit of work for me, for that I am grateful. He'll be my neighbor soon too, having recently bought merely a block away.

I'll also mention Jack&7 for organizing the wing nights which has made new friends among many of us.
Absolutely Jack &7.....Conversing and fishing with him is great....and as well Calgarygringo.....Wealth of information and really look forward to fishing with them
Old 11-14-2017, 11:10 AM

Ken07AOVette is fixing my broken drone for me. Offered to do it out of his kindness. Thanks Ken!
Old 11-14-2017, 11:27 AM

Caber, Cat whole bunch good guys
Old 11-14-2017, 11:28 AM

Catnthehat- for a Turkey Shoot for the Fire Department he GAVE me a .22 short handgun to use. Who does that?

WWBirds- ran across town at the drop of a hat to get some stuff for me, without any hesitation.

There are so many great guys on the forum, Randy, BB416 Jeff, Clay, Shelley, couple Brad's, Dean, Lee, Gil, Dan, Mickey, Dave, George, Keith, John, Graham, Mac, Super7mag, TC, Scotty, TFG, Vinnie, Dick, Bretan, Shawn, ,,,, so many that stepped up every single time someone was in need. The little girl that burned herself, the fires, all the donations these guys really showed their generosity and kind hearts. I can't mention them all, the list is huge.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-14-2017, 11:32 AM

Thumbs up Tireguy

Lots of great people noted here so far, but this thread would not be complete, without mentioning Tireguy.

There's so many threads on this forum about 'Auto/Truck Tires' (especially in the fall and early winter) that are full of misinformation, half-truths, and outright BS. It's always great when Tireguy comes along, and posts his knowledgeable/professional advice, and sets everyone straight.

Thank-you, Tireguy!

Selkirk
Old 11-14-2017, 11:47 AM
Banned

Both Ken and Cat have helped me out, and fortunately still do. Over the years there have been so many, I hate to start naming because I'd hate to miss some. Guys like Norwest Alta and Kristopher who go out of their way to pick up stuff and deliver it, bulletman who watches the threads silently then offers help via pm (there are many members who do this).

There is so many great members here and really only about 3 people on this forum I don't like, it's a great group of mostly like minded folks here!
Old 11-14-2017, 12:14 PM
Banned

Although he has left the forum, cgydave2.0 has been a great contact. Best tilesetter in AB from my experience.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Both Ken and Cat have helped me out, and fortunately still do. Over the years there have been so many, I hate to start naming because I'd hate to miss some. Guys like Norwest Alta and Kristopher who go out of their way to pick up stuff and deliver it, bulletman who watches the threads silently then offers help via pm (there are many members who do this).

There is so many great members here and really only about 3 people on this forum I don't like, it's a great group of mostly like minded folks here!
Yup bulletman sure does. He sits in the shadows and when you are looking for something you better believe his name is the first youll see show up in your inbox.
Lots of helpful people on here. Thanks everyone
Old 11-14-2017, 12:33 PM

Thanks Kevin always fun to go fishing together. Thanks for you consideration too. Leaving before us on Sunday but waiting to make sure we got out of the deep snow was awesome. Wife even commented she thought you were great hanging in there.

Shout out to Jack 7 too as we fish a lot together and he is the AO wing organizer that I am a regular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
Absolutely Jack &7.....Conversing and fishing with him is great....and as well Calgarygringo.....Wealth of information and really look forward to fishing with them
Old 11-14-2017, 12:38 PM

Ken07AOVette gets my vote. I hired him for his services to recover a bad debt. He helped me out with all the legal details and showed me how I could do it myself.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
Thanks Kevin always fun to go fishing together. Thanks for you consideration too. Leaving before us on Sunday but waiting to make sure we got out of the deep snow was awesome. Wife even commented she thought you were great hanging in there.

Shout out to Jack 7 too as we fish a lot together and he is the AO wing organizer that I am a regular.
No problem Ken....That's how we Fisherman( and woman) roll...Once again your wifey outfished us again Sunday...(more hits at least)
Old 11-14-2017, 12:53 PM

Huntinstuff (Randy) deserves mention for his going to bat for all firearm owners when he was testifying before that parliamentary committee or whatever it was. His LE career certainly garners some respect and thanks as well.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Old 11-14-2017, 01:03 PM

Fishnut9, because without him, I would not like mojito's so darn much!
Old 11-14-2017, 01:05 PM

She sure did though I made mine count. Was a great day other than the snow drifts. Looks like again this upcoming weekend. I was sent a hint after we got back. His weekend off I believe.

Quote:
No problem Ken....That's how we Fisherman( and woman) roll...Once again your wifey outfished us again Sunday...(more hits at least)
Old 11-14-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
She sure did though I made mine count. Was a great day other than the snow drifts. Looks like again this upcoming weekend. I was sent a hint after we got back. His weekend off I believe.
I think we are up for this weekend again....Koby is already asking to get out soon
Old 11-14-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Fishnut9, because without him, I would not like mojito's so darn much!
"Do you even lift, Bro?"

And Selkirk, I think you were intending to say TireBob when you were mentioning Tireguy. And yes, he does contribute great advice and many who have done business with him have sung his praises.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:19 PM

My votes go for troutbug and Ken.

And thanks ken for mentioning me if indeed it was me

Pin
Old 11-14-2017, 03:28 PM

Thumbs up TireBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkirk View Post
Lots of great people noted here so far, but this thread would not be complete, without mentioning TireBob.

There's so many threads on this forum about 'Auto/Truck Tires' (especially in the fall and early winter) that are full of misinformation, half-truths, and outright BS. It's always great when TireBob comes along, and posts his knowledgeable/professional advice, and sets everyone straight.

Thank-you, TireBob!

Selkirk
There ^, I fixed it

And Thanks for the heads-up, Caber

Selkirk
Old 11-14-2017, 05:47 PM
AO Sponsor

Well I am rather humbled as I really do nothing but offer here the same perspectives I offer daily elsewhere and am only trying to help people ask the right questions rather than dictate what is good or bad, but I will say thanks none-the-less...
Old 11-14-2017, 06:12 PM

Too many to name. Picked up lots of good info indirectly. Good group on here.

Special shout out to the hockey crew
Old 11-14-2017, 06:39 PM

Hard to pick them all without spending all night going through helpful tips and a hand here and there.

Cat, Keg, Speck55,
Old 11-14-2017, 07:05 PM

Slicktricker for sure. He's done more then his share to help me find success.

WB and Oki routinely post helpful or thought provoking things.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:06 PM

I would have to nominate Ken07AOVette for his tireless efforts for those in need through the 'Pay It Forward' threads in years past. One of the kindest, most generous men I have had the pleasure of knowing.