Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-14-2017, 07:41 PM

There are so many helpful members on this forum, both publicly and privately. You've couldn't name them all. One of the best reasons to stick around and endure some of the occasional nonsense on this forum.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Huntinstuff (Randy) deserves mention for his going to bat for all firearm owners when he was testifying before that parliamentary committee or whatever it was. His LE career certainly garners some respect and thanks as well.
x2 ! Randy went above and beyond for Alberta and kanadian gun owners !
Old 11-14-2017, 08:15 PM

Bulletman
260rem
Dean2
Old 11-14-2017, 08:42 PM

HuntinStuff
Zip-n-Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2017, 08:48 PM

Very timely thread. Caber Tosser all the way. He just saved us tonight! Swooped in like a super hero and fixed it all. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

"If life is tough, it's time to get stronger!" - Joel Runyon (reminder to myself)
Old 11-14-2017, 08:49 PM
Banned

Lots of good guys on here. Lee, Dennis, Kevin,Ken,Jim Bob,Nigel, Dave, Randy, another Lee and one lady Burrowing Owl.

Thanks for the mention Kurt.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:55 PM

Default Thanks

A big shout out to Gitrdun.
When I began reloading he had all kinds of time for me. Even invited me out to his house for my first reloading session. He and his wife opened their house to me like we were old friends fed me breakfast even!!! He may have a no nonsense exterior but beneath it is a heart of gold!

Honorable mentions to Dick284 and duceman, very knowledgeable good guys.

Good thread!
Old 11-14-2017, 08:55 PM

Waterninja has been a really good friend. Always helpful and selfless contrary to popular belief. RIP lol
My buddies Jonboy Nuge and 300magman. Always good sounding boards. The first guys I call/text when an animal hits the ground.
Cam Kyle Greg Dillon and Mark. Great hunters all and been good keeping in touch.
Haven't met tradesmen on here but have made some good buddies and contacts. It's a great place to network, except when the cabin fever hits lol.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:06 PM
Banned

Alright who needs a hug here
Old 11-15-2017, 10:33 AM

Most that have been around for awhile remember this:

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=157106

Sometime in 2012, RyRy off this site posted a thread that he had "won the lottery". He pulled a desert tag down in Nevada. Everyone and their dog posted their congratulations......of course I did as well.....but I offered my services to come down and help look for sheep. Kinda jokingly....but kinda really hoping he would bite. A few minutes later I get a PM saying that if I wanted to go.....just show up. As my better 3/4's says....an internet bromance was born.

Needless to say, I headed down in mid November to scout sheep in the desert of Nevada!!!

We started scouting a couple days before the season opened. RyRy killed a beautiful ram on opening day. When we all got back to camp the celebration was on. The next day was Thanksgiving in the States. We were headed in to Vegas for dinner and making plans to help out with the next hunters coming in. As we got into cell service, both my phone and the guides went nuts. Awful feeling hearing the pending news over the phone.

WestJet was absolutely unreal. They got a client for life for how they treated me.

I arrived back in YK the following day. Of course I had no computer and did not know any of this stuff had gone on within the AO community.

Cliff Notes:

My Wife did not know where I was.....she tasks my Mom with finding me.
Mom joins AO and posts the aforementioned thread.
Velox joins the forum and his first post is the one that found me.
Cat starts a raffle.
Jamie donates a fishing trip for two at his lodge.
Raffle goes on......Cat mails me $5000.

I can not for the life of me remember who won the raffle. The gentleman that did gave it to me. I feel like a real Richard for not remembering his name

DCutter off of this site and I went on our first West Coast Fishing trip. We meet an amazing group and headed back out again the following year.

Remember....I knew NONE OF THESE people on the forum. I had been a member for about 5 years at the time. It was a very humbling experience for me.

Since joining I've had the opportunity to meet several people off of this forum that I now consider very good friends. There are literally in excess of 100 of a you that reached out and helped my family. A truly amazing group.

The laughing and BS'sing on PM's, the good natured fraternity that we all (mostly all) share. This forum has changed over years, not always for the better. A lot of the people have left, been banned....it's unfortunate. We've lost some amazing people over the years....but lots are still here.

Cat, Bambi, RyRy, LC, Norwest, Lone Wolf, Jack & 7, Jamie, Bisonhunter, DCutter, FishingMom, TreeGuy, Ken, Coldredneck, Slinger......I didn't want to start a list as I'm sure to forget a bunch, but it is truly an amazing group of people here.

I haven't been posting on here too much as of late, but thought I'd better put this up. AO reached out and helped my family when I could not. It is not something that I well ever forget. Despite all of our "issues" on here, in the end it truly is a fantastic group that looks out for each other. Kind of amazing in this day and age.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:49 AM

oh and dare i say.... BeeGuy

Jacenbeers took me hunting and showed me the ropes. got my first doe with him.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:02 PM

Zip-n-z for helping out with some ice fishing suggestions and specifics.

WWBirds for a ton of dog training advice and help, as well as picking up an item I couldn't get in Edmonton for me.

SNS2 for getting us out waterfowling and ice fishing with our boys.

SS

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 11-15-2017, 12:24 PM
Banned

Tullfan has alway's given sound advice on ATV's and small engine repair !!!
Old 11-15-2017, 07:09 PM

Cabertosser - for lots of free plumbing advice
58Thecat- taught me how to rattle in big bucks
Bergerboy- taught me how to shoot coyotes
Nube- taught me how to judge horns
Old 11-15-2017, 08:45 PM

Dean2
Elkhunter11
260Rem
All have been very helpful with reloading info
Old 11-15-2017, 09:02 PM

Catnthehat (the Pope is gonna confirm him as a Saint! You heard it here first!), huntinstuff (for president!) Pixelshooter, BPM, KenO, Lefty Canuck, AlbertaDiver, Treeguy, Caber, Liv4therut, and anybody who loves a good mojito and midgets!

Go on, you know you want to take a knee....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 11-15-2017 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:28 PM

Remembrance Day, Lest We Forget a few of my fishin buddies who always had something to say about my posts/pic's, some good & some bad - RIP Guys!

Waterninja - Fish Gunner - Gust - Gslice - Linger - Binnzer32 - Greylynx - Big Daddy Badger - Bison - Binnzer32, and Northern Yaker!

I'm sure there are a few more, unfortunately they've been Banned for some time I just can't remember them.

Old 11-15-2017, 09:56 PM

I have had many people on here help me over the years, and I do appreciate every single one, my early struggles with cancer when I first joined this site..i had plenty of people pm me and call me, it all helped me get through a very bad time in our family's life...but there was good as well, I even had the pleasure of having a couple guys show up at my house just for a quick visit, love those guys...names are not important, they all know who they are...so this is just a blanket Thank You, a big blanket that covers many of you that are still here, and I am really happy about that, AO kinda kept me sane a bit, just a bit...but sane non the less!
Thank You All
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 11-15-2017, 10:09 PM

Default X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Dean2
Elkhunter11
260Rem
I will second the above list.

Ill add Cat to the list if he is not made a saint because he may or may not be catholic, then maybe the Queen could knight him.

Qwert has also been very helpful and I had the chance to meet him in person, great guy.

Lots of others I could mention and I am sorry to any and all who have helped me with reloading that I forgot to put on this list.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:10 PM

Default X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Dean2
Elkhunter11
260Rem
I will second the above list.

Ill add Cat to the list if he is not made a saint because he may or may not be catholic, then maybe the Queen could knight him.

Qwert has also been very helpful and I had the chance to meet him in person, great guy.

Lots of others I could mention and I am sorry to any and all who have helped me with reloading that I forgot to put on this list. Including Smokingyotes.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:20 PM

Lots of helpful guys on the forum too many to mention. Even though I didn't always see eye to eye, special shoutout to Waterninja who constantly had me searching the regs to find all the new things he found in there...no matter what Province he was referring to!

LC
Old 11-16-2017, 05:16 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

You're all special from time to time.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-16-2017, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Lots of helpful guys on the forum too many to mention. Even though I didn't always see eye to eye, special shoutout to Waterninja who constantly had me searching the regs to find all the new things he found in there...no matter what Province he was referring to!

LC
I feel like I know the regs way better because of his questions. Made me take a harder look.

Even got me interested in a possible turkey hunt near canal flats next year.