Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-25-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Huh? what book?
The same book he put his hand on when he took his oath of office.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alta270 View Post
You mean a bunch of whining liberals like the Heritage Foundation? Senator John McCain? Former Republican National Security team members?

Time to change the narrative and understand that Trump is endangering us all.

http://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2017...can-do/134967/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ussian-threat/

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/u...ald-trump.html

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ter-trump.html
It's been said before; but I don't see anything substantiated. Many of them even said that it's not the things that he's done, just the way they feel, and his "attitude".

Well, that's OK if you are running a popularity contest. But then again, it seems he's won the intercountry popularity contest already.

And as for the claim that he has "leaked" information, I don't see how telling Duterte that there are subs around N Korea would be surprising to anyone.

Is that information anyone could use? Co-ordinates attached? Has anyone ever tried to look for a lost watch at the bottom of a lake?

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 05-25-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer View Post
i was poor once worked hard and got a good paying job .
Good for you! Not everyone who works hard are that lucky.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
No they have been getting the best part of the deal for too long. You look iut up!
I have and I think I have a pretty good handle on what's going on.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Good for you! Not everyone who works hard are that lucky.
If their relying on luck , they won't get there..
Old 05-25-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
Well, If my Dad gave me 10 million bucks and said make your way.......
Well there's a 70% chance that you would have gone bankrupt, and ended up in menial work, never to recover any meaningful wealth. So just that he hung onto it means he did better than average.

That he later turned his investments into billions says he did better than that.

Pureblood!
Old 05-25-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Most of the world views him as crazy, unpredictable, and scary....
Just the way he wants it.

Well not Russia, but everyone else. LOL
Quite possibly!

Pureblood!
Old 05-25-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
That is an lame reply to Abraham Lincoln's quote. People are becoming more poor under both Democrat and Republican governments. They're just more poor as the rich get richer.

Trump made some of his fortune on the backs of the poor, but that is not what my comment was about. My comment was about the poorest peasants having a say in a democracy.

BTW Trump has not asked you for any advice either, but probably appreciates all the suck up you're doing on his behalf. I don't think Trump would respect you for it but would think of you another disposable lackey.
Trump made his fortune on the backs of the poor? Like all the poor staying in Trump tower, or...?

People are hardly getting poorer. Everyone has a smartphone, car, cable, food etc. And those are the "poor". Should we compare this to 80 years ago?

Pureblood!
Old 05-25-2017, 06:23 PM

I don't think Trump or anyone else should concern themselves with how the rest of the world views him. The rest of the world is generally a failure. The US needs someone to manage the country's debt, and leave the rewards of hard work and industry in place.

The people and businesses who don't make it shouldn't be supported to the detriment of the rest of the country.

Pureblood!
Old 05-25-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338 Rules View Post
Asking Liberals to do a little research, is like asking an elk to pose for a broadside kill shot lol!
What's with your liberal use of the L word? Do you think using the L word is a proof of some kind that everyone labeled has to be afraid of?

So tell me 338, you seem to use all the terminology that would lead someone to think you are ulta right wing. Conservative? Tea bagger? Freedom caucus?

What do you believe in? Your core values? Are you a conservative? Fiscal conservative? Social conservative? I know you don't like Obama Care but what do you think of Canadian Health Care? What are your thoughts on global warming and the environment? First Nations? No forget that!

The only thing I know about you is that Trump can do no wrong and you are one and the same mind with Stinger and you seem to like the Liberal label for anyone that does not agree with you.

I am not trying to coax you out for a kill shot, but trying to find out something I like about you.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
What's with your liberal use of the L word? Do you think using the L word is a proof of some kind that everyone labeled has to be afraid of?

So tell me 338, you seem to use all the terminology that would lead someone to think you are ulta right wing. Conservative? Tea bagger? Freedom caucus?

What do you believe in? Your core values? Are you a conservative? Fiscal conservative? Social conservative? I know you don't like Obama Care but what do you think of Canadian Health Care? What are your thoughts on global warming and the environment? First Nations? No forget that!

The only thing I know about you is that Trump can do no wrong and you are one and the same mind with Stinger and you seem to like the Liberal label for anyone that does not agree with you.

I am not trying to coax you out for a kill shot, but trying to find out something I like about you.
Them are a lot of questions covey ridge! Lets just say I like you, you make me laugh in a good way.

Heck if you want to go fishing or hunting sometime count me in!

Old 05-25-2017, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer View Post
If their relying on luck , they won't get there..
They're
Old 05-25-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
There is a story in a book about a great leader who lead his people out of slavery and into a free land. The people were told how to keep the people free. Happy ending? Not really!

The freed people became masters and when a fellow freed person needed help instead of helping they just instituted a different kind of slavery.

That type of slavery exists today.
Pretty sure that book also has a fairytale about a guy who built a boat and filled it with every animal on the planet before it flooded and stayed flooded for over a month .... and yet not one civilization noticed and none of the animals are each other.

The biggest reason it's bs though ... nobody Swatted the mosquitos.

Not sure I'd use that book for a reference.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
Well there's a 70% chance that you would have gone bankrupt, and ended up in menial work, never to recover any meaningful wealth. So just that he hung onto it means he did better than average.

That he later turned his investments into billions says he did better than that.
Trumps father not only gave him money, he provided Donald with far more valuable tools in which to build his businesses with ...money alone doesn't cut it in many cases (as you correctly pointed out).

His dad provided business contacts including investors who helped fund many early projects. Daddy also underwrote a $200 million dollar credit facility with which to fund projects and finance operating costs.

Trump also screwed over many investors and bankrupted many businesses.

He was also successful in others.

Personally I wouldn't say he's a poor businessman, but I wouldn't discount the HUGE advantage he had and overall I'd rate his success as "underwhelming".

I would expect most people who approach an average level of intelligence to be able to make a decent run with these advantages - and I'd bet most of them would have made it.

The assets Donald had (and continues to have) is - he doesn't care who he screws or offends AND he had originally gambled with money he didn't earn himself and later, primarily with other people's money - it's easier to bet it all when very little of your own skin is in the game.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
Not sure I'd use that book for a reference.
A version of that book, in fact two versions of that book is what Donald Trump put his hand on when he took his oath at the inauguration ceremony.

Every President of the United States has made a solemn oath on a version of that book. Not one who would become President of the United States has treated it as a fairy tail. Not one has ever declared that he was not Christian.

I am not saying that one has to be Christian or believe anything about that book to be President, but so far no one has been honest enough to say so.

BTW that free people being made slaves thing that I mentioned has been the subject of many ancient cultures even before it was recorded in that book. In many ancient societies it was OK to make money off debt but within a society debts were cancelled over certain amounts of time. Certain rulers who seemed wiser than those today knew that to allow debt interest to build and accelerate only led to the enslavement of the masses and the decline of their empire.

BTW I already corrected Stringer for his spelling He would have done it to me
Old 05-25-2017, 08:08 PM
Banned

So many of you ought to have been candidates for THE job. But alas, you weren't nothing more than armchair quarter backs. Nothing more than internet heroes with resolves for what ails America, Canada and the world as a whole. Yet, none showed up for the job. As a matter of fact, seeing as though you all have ideas as how to alter politics, yet you cannot. I'd say that makes you ALL "loosers".
Old 05-25-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Trumps father not only gave him money, he provided Donald with far more valuable tools in which to build his businesses with ...money alone doesn't cut it in many cases (as you correctly pointed out).

His dad provided business contacts including investors who helped fund many early projects. Daddy also underwrote a $200 million dollar credit facility with which to fund projects and finance operating costs.

Personally I wouldn't say he's a poor businessman, but I wouldn't discount the HUGE advantage he had and overall I'd rate his success as "underwhelming".

I would expect most people who approach an average level of intelligence to be able to make a decent run with these advantages - and I'd bet most of them would have made it.

The assets Donald had (and continues to have) is - he doesn't care who he screws or offends AND he had originally gambled with money he didn't earn himself and later, primarily with other people's money - it's easier to bet it all when very little of your own skin is in the game.
Is it possible that the Donald has bankrupted a few too many of his business holdings and screwed over enough others that his credit is not actually golden.
Is it possible that he had to go outside the country to borrow and that money he got was from wealthy tyrants in foreign countries. Maybe he has made his billions by laundering. It seems that a part of the present investigation is looking into certain banks that he and his people have in common with money from Russia.

Way back when his book was written he mentioned doing business with the then USSR.

Just rambling
Old 05-25-2017, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post

He had some advantages. Fair enough.

I don't really know how he screwed over investors. Investors by their name and game put money into things. Sometimes it's a good investment, and sometimes it's not. Did he mislead them and make off with their funds? If so, that would be embezzlement. If that was the case I'm sure someone will let me know shortly.

Everyone in this country and the U.S. had a pretty good advantage also. A lot of people got a modest amount of money willed to them, but I can't think of too many who took those thousands and parlayed it into a million.

Most business ventures fail, and others are destined for mediocrity, and a very small few are gold for the grandkids. So taking that in account Trump is not so different, but overall what he achieved puts him into rarified air.

Pureblood!
Old 05-25-2017, 09:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Is it possible that the Donald has bankrupted a few too many of his business holdings and screwed over enough others that his credit is not actually golden.
Is it possible that he had to go outside the country to borrow and that money he got was from wealthy tyrants in foreign countries. Maybe he has made his billions by laundering. It seems that a part of the present investigation is looking into certain banks that he and his people have in common with money from Russia.

Way back when his book was written he mentioned doing business with the then USSR.

Just rambling
No USA bank would finance him. He had to go to other sources, including the Russians.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Every President of the United States has made a solemn oath on a version of that book. Not one who would become President of the United States has treated it as a fairy tail. Not one has ever declared that he was not Christian.
Not true, as there is not requirement to take the oath of office via that book. Theodore Roosevelt did not use a Bible when taking the oath in 1901. Both John Quincy Adams and Franklin Pierce swore on a book of law, with the intention that they were swearing on the constitution.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:23 PM

Quote:

Just rambling
Yes it is possible and Yes he did, for at least some period of time, have many of his businesses heavily leveraged and likely financed at a very high interest rate resulting in many cases to default on loans.

He has bankrupted a number of his businesses and bankrupted many JV partnerships.

And .... as a result .... his inability to get traditional financing at traditional interest and repayment terms .....

It makes sense he would seek further capital through investment outside of traditional channels (private equity from overseas) and would have, at some point, "sold his soul to the devil" to keep interest repayment and working capital funded to avoid more bankruptcy.

He definitely has proven he will do what it takes to forward his agenda in business and doesn't mind stepping on toes or cracking some heads to win.

Unfortunately he also possesses no sense of ownership for anything negative both personally or professionally. That leads to his reputation for being cruel, ruthless, self centred and unscrupulous.

I will stop short at suggesting he's a fraud and crook myself, but there have been plenty of people who may not be so kind.

Just the kind of character you want representing your country right?
Old 05-25-2017, 09:33 PM

Quote:
A version of that book, in fact two versions of that book is what Donald Trump put his hand on when he took his oath at the inauguration ceremony.

I am not saying that one has to be Christian or believe anything about that book to be President, but so far no one has been honest enough to say so.

BTW that free people being made slaves thing that I mentioned has been the subject of many ancient cultures even before it was recorded in that book. In many ancient societies it was OK to make money off debt but within a society debts were cancelled over certain amounts of time. Certain rulers who seemed wiser than those today knew that to allow debt interest to build and accelerate only led to the enslavement of the masses and the decline of their empire.

BTW I already corrected Stringer for his spelling He would have done it to me
This is a discussion for another day methinks.

I will say words are easy. What book a man's hands are touching when he says them don't matter a bit it's what's done once those words are said that count.

And the spelling in the place is atrocious ... I'm as guilty as the next guy. Correcting stringer is just entertainment lol
Old 05-25-2017, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Not true, as there is not requirement to take the oath of office via that book. Theodore Roosevelt did not use a Bible when taking the oath in 1901. Both John Quincy Adams and Franklin Pierce swore on a book of law, with the intention that they were swearing on the constitution.
I know there is not a requirement, but I stand corrected on Pierce and Roosevelt. As far as Adams goes I knew that the book was not the Bible but I understood that the swearing was part of the constitution or according to the constitution and not on the constitution.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
This is a discussion for another day methinks.

I will say words are easy. What book a man's hands are touching when he says them don't matter a bit it's what's done once those words are said that count.

And the spelling in the place is atrocious ... I'm as guilty as the next guy. Correcting stringer is just entertainment lol
Another day then

and I agree what's done once those words are said that count.

and I am one who believes that most fairy tales have their origin in a historical event.

and I am not sure if it is fairy tail or fairy tale
Old 05-25-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
So many of you ought to have been candidates for THE job. But alas, you weren't nothing more than armchair quarter backs. Nothing more than internet heroes with resolves for what ails America, Canada and the world as a whole. Yet, none showed up for the job. As a matter of fact, seeing as though you all have ideas as how to alter politics, yet you cannot. I'd say that makes you ALL "loosers".
I really thought about going in to politics, seems like a sweet gig, but alas there is just too much dirt in my background that would get dug up, and embarrass the wife and kids. So I had to stay in the shadows and criticize. I'm just a tax paying, voting 'looser'.

Maybe I'll invent a new religion, like L Ron did....I just need a good front man puppet to schmooze and preach, and I can get rich and famous that way instead. Lots of gullible people out there believe anything in a book, or on the internet.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-25-2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
S I'd say that makes you ALL "loosers".
Versus tighters?

Calling others out is usually more effective when one knows how to spell.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:09 PM
Banned

Loser: a person or thing that loses or has lost something, especially a game or contest. "Donald Trump is a loser."

Looser: The girls conservatives go out out with, not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached. "She's a real looser."

Last edited by Weedy1; 05-25-2017 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I really thought about going in to politics, seems like a sweet gig, but alas there is just too much dirt in my background that would get dug up, and embarrass the wife and kids. So I had to stay in the shadows and criticize. I'm just a tax paying, voting 'looser'.

I really, really liked those 'looser' girls in high school.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...=loose%20women
Old 05-26-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
I really, really liked those 'looser' girls in high school.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...=loose%20women
This has turned into such a 'looser' thread......

Somebody must feel like a real loser because of it.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-26-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post

Now this here is just funny. Are you sure it's 70%? Not like 72% or 68%. Is there actually stats recorded on when daddy's give their spoiled little boys a bank of money to go out into the world? C'mon man.