Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-16-2017, 12:06 PM

Default Anyone used a Triggertech Rem 700 trigger

Like to hear your experience. Would you buy again? Pros and cons please.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:15 PM
Banned

yes, it's very nice.

price, clean break, pin sleeves = pros. adjustment range is a con
Old 05-16-2017, 12:17 PM
Banned

Its a good option if you need to go below 2.5 lbs.
A Remington trigger is every bit as good above that imo
Old 05-16-2017, 12:42 PM

I have one on my Remington 700 chambered 20 Extreme and like it. I did have a problem with the first one, got stiff and wouldn't adjust. Called them up and it was replaced no questions asked. In talking with the guy he did say they are working on one with a lighter pull for BR guys. I would buy another.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
Its a good option if you need to go below 2.5 lbs.
A Remington trigger is every bit as good above that imo
every bit as good as the OLD remington triggers
Old 05-16-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukar Hunter View Post
Like to hear your experience. Would you buy again? Pros and cons please.
Really no cons. Great units. Easy to adjust. Easy to install. I have one of mine set to 1.5lbs. No creep and a very crisp break. While not as good as my favorite, Calvin Elite, they are very nice. I would recommend them highly.

There were some problems early on with some of the early manufactured units. Some had something break internally. I'm not sure what it was, but they are pretty bullet-proof now.

And....they are Canadian!!
Old 05-16-2017, 02:49 PM

I have been installing these units for a while now and have not run into any negative issues with them or their Canadian distributers. And from a price point they come in a little cheaper than the Timney which by the way is also a good choice. D.H.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:38 PM

Default Buy now before price goes up?

Very nice trigger and probably represents the best value in a trigger right now. I put one on my build and no regrets. There is something uncanny about how it feels... Without some sort of sophisticated measuring equipment I couldn't tell you for sure but it feels like there really is no creep no grit no overtravel. Only press when ready to fire it's surprised me a couple times.
Strongly recommend, would buy again. Canadian made is icing on the cake.
Con: safety is mushy? 2 stage option might be nice?
Old 05-16-2017, 04:43 PM
Banned

I wish the trigger tech had more over travel actually.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Henry View Post
I have been installing these units for a while now and have not run into any negative issues with them or their Canadian distributers. And from a price point they come in a little cheaper than the Timney which by the way is also a good choice. D.H.
I too have installed several. I agree with Dave's comments.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:27 PM
Banned

I have them in one of mine and in the wife's 700's. they are both adjusted down as far as they will go (measured at 1.5lbs). After setting them down that light I made sure it was unloaded, cocked and closed the bolt and did whatever I could to make that thing bump fire. After a half hour of trying, I gave up and called it good. They feel different than a factory Remington trigger. Crisp, clean break, not a lot of over travel. It's actually spoiled me for triggers I think, lol.

The one complaint I have heard is the shape of the trigger. Some people I have let shoot it have found the trigger to curved. That's a really small gripe and I'm sure they'd get over that really quick with how well the trigger works.

And the comment to the adjustability of them, 1.5-4.5 is what I have measured at, checking at the increments along the way. If yours doesn't adjust up or down, call them to find out what's going on.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:32 PM

I chose the TriggerTech for my build after reading that some competition guys bring spare triggers of the other trigger assemblies to competitions because they're known to break, or jam in the middle of shoots. WTF? I'm not saying that's impossible with the TriggerTech, but reviewers seem to think it's far far less likely due to the design.

I'm no pro, so I can't really critique the trigger action itself, but it's easily adjustable, feels scary light at the lighter end of things, and breaks like a tiny piece of glass.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:09 AM

I've used piles of them in my builds and much prefer them to the last few years timneys I've been getting, pretty sure timney qc is slipping. They now make a trigger with a flat shoe and also one that adjusts lower (I think down to a pound) I have also used their ar triggers and have been very pleased with them as well.
"I don't know about the "shooting Savages" part. I have one and I have had considerable difficulty doing well with it. Part of the reason for this is that I feel a need to put bag over my head to hide my identity when ever I am shooting it!"
Leeper
Old 05-17-2017, 09:03 PM

I love my triggertech triggers, on my last build I bought a Timney CE 2 stage just because I wanted a two stage on that gun and it's kinda meh not impressed at all with the sloppy side to side movement it has. Kinda shocked me actually on a trigger that gets such great reviews, haven't had it out to try with live fire yet, hope it's better under actual use, but the side to side will still be a OCD thing I'll always know is there.

Next time I'd likely stick with trigger tech that I know I like, or if really want a 2 stage try a cadex drop in.