Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 10-26-2016, 08:14 PM

Default Who's making snares ????

Looking for a few hundred 8 foot 3/32 1 by 19 wolf snares. Loop end and can lock with no other jewelry

Planning a mass assault on the wolves this winter !!!
Old 10-26-2016, 09:25 PM

Wish I would have known earlier Jeff. I made a pile for a few guys and about 600 or more for myself....

I'll have you a contest on the wolf dept if you want a friendly contest? I had a bear get half my wolf stink buckets so I am a bit behind the 8 ball already but I think I can still hit my target of 25 this year.
I've kicked the crap outa the beaver already and just starting up on coyotes this week.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
Wish I would have known earlier Jeff. I made a pile for a few guys and about 600 or more for myself....

I'll have you a contest on the wolf dept if you want a friendly contest? I had a bear get half my wolf stink buckets so I am a bit behind the 8 ball already but I think I can still hit my target of 25 this year.
I've kicked the crap outa the beaver already and just starting up on coyotes this week.
I'd be in for a contest for sure. As long as things play out like I'm hoping on the work front I should have some time.

I've got about 250 snares ready to go and 30 Brauns. Another 300 snares should do it. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is skinning all those stinky things. But they have to go.

I'm going for 50 ! We'll see how it goes
Old 10-26-2016, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
I'd be in for a contest for sure. As long as things play out like I'm hoping on the work front I should have some time.

I've got about 250 snares ready to go and 30 Brauns. Another 300 snares should do it. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is skinning all those stinky things. But they have to go.

I'm going for 50 ! We'll see how it goes
Sounds like a war to me lol Get them all bud
Old 10-27-2016, 07:00 AM

A contest ? Keep us posted guys on your results sounds like the beginning of a great thread .
Old 10-27-2016, 03:36 PM

Found a guy !!!

Soon it will be time for WAR !!!
Old 10-29-2016, 08:40 AM

Good luck too you both should make for some interesting reading lol
Nube should be able to get you a few more buckets buy december
I upped my game from thirty wolf snares to fifty boy do i feel out gunned five or more sounds good to me
Old 10-29-2016, 10:43 AM

Thanks Jay. I will need them this year, there was a bear that decided he liked to make a mess of a bunch of the ones I had stored. They are relentless beasts and as strong as can be. They ended up getting into my wolf bait and got half of it. I got to make a new plan for next year now.....
Old 10-30-2016, 06:32 PM
Banned

There was an individual, how shall remain unnamed, who proclaimed himself to be the wolfer of the century,... This dude "obtained" wolves from others to boost his numbers (ego).
Now, just to keep you guys on the up and up...the world has their eyes on you...haha
I hope your numbers end up equal and at the same time I wish you numbers beyond expectation....Go get'em guys
Old 10-30-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough doug View Post
There was an individual, how shall remain unnamed, who proclaimed himself to be the wolfer of the century,... This dude "obtained" wolves from others to boost his numbers (ego).
Now, just to keep you guys on the up and up...the world has their eyes on you...haha
I hope your numbers end up equal and at the same time I wish you numbers beyond expectation....Go get'em guys
HAHA I think there is an individual in mind who I think you are talking about Doug lol
I could care less about being the wolfer of the century. I do it for my own reasons. I actually get more out of snaring a wolf than killing a 170+ inch whitetail believe it or not.
Any Friendly bet with that is just that. I hope he beats me. I hope we both do well. I got 2 lines to hit now for wolves and some private property as well. Should be fun and a lot of work