Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 05-29-2008, 10:13 PM

Default Bought a new bow

I just bought a Bowtec Tribute and have to rig it up. I don't want to play around trying different things. How would you guys set it up?
Would you replace the string with something better than OEM?
Rest, are biscuits all right ? I just want to get the best whamp for my money.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:48 PM

Hey claas if you just bought the bow brand new I wouldn't worry about changing the strings yet. Its just throwing your money away when you don't need to. If you shoot lots you should change them in a year anyways. As for whisker bisquits for a rest. If you are just starting out they are good because it is just one less thing you have to worry about and focus more on the shot. I would buy the hostage rest is just like the whisker bisquit but less arrow contact to keep your speed a little better. But if you've a bow lots and are comfortable I would put a drop away on it. The trophy taker Xtreme FC is a drop away with the bonus of a full containment which is nice. Another drop away that is really good simple to set up and super quiet is the new g5 expert rest. Such a simple design that even if you had problems in the field you could fix it in a jiff. As for sights thats up to I personally like the new Cobra DRM it has good protection of the sight pins, to change the fibre optics is a snap as they are on discs and it is fully micro adjustable. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.