Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-25-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338 Rules View Post
Here are a few undeniable facts about our illustrious new leader.

His father was a failed Prime Minister, and only for that reason is his name recognizable.

He did not attend any school of economics or business and took drama and arts instead, therefore he has no relevant education or experience in anything that pertains to running a small business, much less a country.

His only redeeming quality and experience was that he worked as a seasonal white water rafting guide, therefore he is highly trained and completely competent in guiding Canada down the river, the hard way. Oh joy, oh bliss we are so lucky.

Excuse me while I go to the refrigerator to refill my class of Kool-Aid, think I will be adding some vodka into it now.

God help us.
I asked Stringer to mention the facts that he suggested the densa44 was ignoring, when he said don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338 Rules View Post
Here are a few undeniable facts about our illustrious new leader.

His father was a failed Prime Minister, and only for that reason is his name recognizable.
I don't have time to answer every one of your foolish statements.

Only partly fact. Yes Justin had the Trudeau name, but like him or hate him Pierre Trudeau was not a failed Prime Minister. Like him or hate him, Pierre Trudeau was the head of the party that got elected several times.

I will say to you the same as those who not like Trump hear whenever they mention him! HE WON! (Justin Trudeau) GET OVER IT!
BTW I still find it interesting that you answer so many questions asked of Styringer.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith View Post
Yep, it's her.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/n...on-for-trudeau
I remember reading somewhere that if a headline asks a question, the answer is usually "no". And this thread is no different.
So a bitter a defeated, Conservative MP, whose previous employer was the Calgary Herald, and who is one of the three people involved in some grand entity called Canada decides, leaks a report to the paper, gets it published and puts a spin on it like it's some kind of newsworthy article about foreign money over throwing Canadian democracy.

Has anybody ever heard of her group Canada decides? It doesn't even have an internet presence.

Joan Crockett's grand little group of 3 - Canada Decides - and her fake little pretend news article are definitely all sour grapes and heavily into BS.

I'm glad the voters of Calgary Centre turfed this greasy little turd and elected a quality candidate.

Shame on the Herald for falling for this one. No wonder voters get turned off by sleazy politics and no wonder people are fleeing from mainstream media in droves.

Last edited by JimPS; 05-25-2017 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPS View Post
So a bitter a defeated, Conservative MP, whose previous employer was the Calgary Herald, and who is one of the three people involved in some grand entity called Canada decides, leaks a report to the paper, gets it published and puts a spin on it like it's some kind of newsworthy article about foreign money over throwing Canadian democracy.

Has anybody ever heard of her group Canada decides? It doesn't even have an internet presence.

Joan Crockett's grand little group of 3 - Canada Decides - and her fake little pretend news article are definitely all sour grapes and heavily into BS.

I'm glad the voters of Calgary Centre turfed this greasy little turd and elected a quality candidate.

Shame on the Herald for falling for this one. No wonder voters get turned off by sleazy politics and no wonder people are fleeing from mainstream media in droves.
Are you OK with foreign money being used in Canadian elections?
Old 05-26-2017, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
you fellers still lamenting Harper? His goose was cooked from the get go, people were tired of him. Should have been replaced before the election and the Cons would have stood a chance.
x2
Old 05-26-2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
you fellers still lamenting Harper? His goose was cooked from the get go, people were tired of him. Should have been replaced before the election and the Cons would have stood a chance.
I Agree. When the canvassers came to my place. I had the exact conversation with them. I think Conservative party members were scared to challenge Sir Harper. However his leadership was worn out.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/i...nch-elections/
Old 05-26-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post

Better to use foreign money than ours because after all taxes including carbon tax, we don't have enough
Old 05-26-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
It seems some are OK with foreigners influencing elections in Canada but get all bent out of shape when it happens south of the border.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
I Agree. When the canvassers came to my place. I had the exact conversation with them. I think Conservative party members were scared to challenge Sir Harper. However his leadership was worn out.
I do not think there has been many real conservatives in Canada for years. Every time they get snuffed out, they just reinvent themselves and morph into some mutant form with the C name. If they could just openly call themselves the anti Liberals, they might do better,

To the child who prayed Lord please bring back Mr, Harper. I think that the Lord did bring Mr Harper, back from Ottawa to Calgary.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Until the big boys in the CIA, Mossad and KGB come clean on hacking and interfering with other countries elections - foreign funding of left wing or right wing nut groups isn't a major issue - until they start supplying these groups with arms, weapons and logistics

The CIA has been accused of meddling with Canada's elections and politics for decades.

We always seem to eventually turf out their favored candidates and policies and restore a Canadian balance and a unique way of dealing with our own affairs.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPS View Post

Never heard of them before this, but it seems they're one of many fake "grassroots" organizations out there that are really fronts for lobbyists and such.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:43 PM

My wise ole pappy always told me - where there's smoke, there's fire. I think I smell a bit of smoke, nope it's not burnt toast.

So let's see how this plays out.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:24 PM

Hardly think this is the first Canadian election that there's been American interference in. We just didn't hear about the earlier ones. Why would Canada be any different than the countless Central and South American countries that were "influenced". We just haven't had an externally directed military coup... yet.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:49 PM

Here's the link to the full National Post Story:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...report-alleges

..and following is an excerpt of the article to show how seriously this is being taken by officials and politicians alike.

“The threat to Canadian election sovereignty is real and must be eliminated by the Commissioner as quickly and decisively as possible,” adds the report.

It appears as though Yves Cote, commissioner of Elections Canada, is considering doing just that.
Cote admitted during an April 13 Senate Legal and Constitutional Affairs Committee that an investigation needs to be launched following questions by Conservative Senators Linda Frum and Bob Runciman.
“Issues of significance have been raised . . .” said Cote, during the senate committee hearing, “which in my view deserves Parliament taking the time to looking at the situation, trying to understand what has happened, what is likely to happen and then taking measures . . . to make sure there is compliance.”
Cote added that “the Supreme Court of Canada said the objective of maintaining a level playing field is, for them, a very important objective.”
Senator Frum is planning to introduce a private member’s bill updating the Canada Elections Act to prohibit third parties from accepting foreign funding for domestic political activity.
Canadians can only donate $1,550 to political parties and candidates. Union and corporate donations have been banned completely, and yet in the Senate hearing, Commissioner Cote said that as long as foreign money is donated to a third party six months prior to the election writ being dropped, the amount that can be donated is endless.
Frum made the following observation during the April 13 senate hearing: “I could take a cheque for $10 million from Saudi Arabia, from Iran, from China — I could take any amount of money from a foreign contributor so long as I, a Canadian citizen, am receiving it?”
Cote said as long as funds are received six months before an election “the third party is free to use that money.”
“Most Canadians would be very alarmed by this,” added Frum. “This happened in the 2015 election.”
Old 05-26-2017, 04:27 PM

https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/cc/Corp...corpId=9672265