Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-25-2017, 09:48 PM

Default quick road trip to the Yukon, wanna come?

Mods - please delete or move this post if it's not allowed.

I'm headed to Whitehorse - leaving out of Peace River - after work on Thursday, June 8. Return will be back to Peace River late on Sunday, June 11 in order to be back at work on Monday. Real quick turnaround kind of trip. Anybody want to tag along?

Purpose of the trip is to check out some remote real estate that I'm looking to close on. Reference: http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=320922

Driving a 4-cylinder Rav4 towing a 16' aluminum for fuel economy purposes. I'm really looking for somebody to split the driving as I want to power through the night on Thursday and get to Whitehorse as early as possible on Friday.

No real cost to you other than your food. I've got the fuel. I have a semi-furnished house up there to sleep at, too, if you desire. Also possible is you can make it a one-way trip and stay up there if you choose - totally your call.

You're more than welcome to tag along to check out the water-access property (you'd get a nice boat tour out of it), or I can leave you to your own devices in Whitehorse.

I'll likely bring a rod and reel just in case, but have no concrete plans to wet a line. Feel free to do the same, but know that space will be limited in the Rav4 as I'll be taking a load of household stuff up (moving back to Whitehorse permanently in July).

Shoot me a PM with any questions.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Meal Farm View Post
Mods - please delete or move this post if it's not allowed.

I'm headed to Whitehorse - leaving out of Peace River - after work on Thursday, June 8. Return will be back to Peace River late on Sunday, June 11 in order to be back at work on Monday. Real quick turnaround kind of trip. Anybody want to tag along?

Purpose of the trip is to check out some remote real estate that I'm looking to close on. Reference: http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=320922

Driving a 4-cylinder Rav4 towing a 16' aluminum for fuel economy purposes. I'm really looking for somebody to split the driving as I want to power through the night on Thursday and get to Whitehorse as early as possible on Friday.

No real cost to you other than your food. I've got the fuel. I have a semi-furnished house up there to sleep at, too, if you desire. Also possible is you can make it a one-way trip and stay up there if you choose - totally your call.

You're more than welcome to tag along to check out the water-access property (you'd get a nice boat tour out of it), or I can leave you to your own devices in Whitehorse.

I'll likely bring a rod and reel just in case, but have no concrete plans to wet a line. Feel free to do the same, but know that space will be limited in the Rav4 as I'll be taking a load of household stuff up (moving back to Whitehorse permanently in July).

Shoot me a PM with any questions.
Do you smoke?
Old 05-25-2017, 10:05 PM

Non-smoker.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:08 PM

Man, if it were during my summer holidays, I'd join you in a heartbeat. Sounds like a good time and you get to see some beauty country.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:06 AM

Man, I'm in Peace River and would love to come along, and driving long periods is not a big deal to me, being a former oilfield/truck driver with a class 1. If I was off during that time, I'd come along for sure, but atm family is too hurting for coin prior to our own West Coast road trip coming in July.

Sounds like it'll be an amazing trip, enjoy!