Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 05-16-2017, 03:57 PM

Default Jimbows edmonton

I will start by saying I am very perticular about what I like and don't. I have used (at one time or another) most of the bow shops in and around Edmonton.

Recently I went to Jimbows for the first time, and was impressed. Fast forward a few weeks and I was back getting a new string, rest and arrows.

Not only did Carson set me up, but he did it all while I was in the city (I'm from out of town) and was willing to make some changes to the way I wanted things done, even though it's not the way the store typically sets them up. That pleases me very much.

Anyways, I have nothing but good things to say about the shop and guys working there.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:01 PM

Default Yup

They are a great store that serves any customer needs. Carson and Dave are awesome.

Morb
Old 05-16-2017, 08:13 PM

I used jimbows in Edmonton to purchase my first bow in January, Carson is the one who set me up with my bowtech Carbon icon, amazing guy! He pretty much gave me a free bow lesson being a newb, no rush at all and got my bow fine tuned. Told me I could stay till closing to shoot if I wanted. I cannot say enough how awesome everyone there is.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:37 PM

I have had the exact same when I have been there. Amazing service.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:43 PM
Banned

I do a lot of shopping on Amazon because on the whole, customer service at many retail establishments is nearly non existent these days.
But everything archery related (two archers in the family) is purchased at Jimbows (Edmonton).
If all retail establishments were like them I think there would be a lot less online shopping.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:54 PM

Can't say enough good things about this shop. Within two to three visits I was getting greated by first name. They take a honest interest in helping people shot better and enjoy the sport. Zero pressure selling high end gear just honest advice.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:51 AM

Default Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
I do a lot of shopping on Amazon because on the whole, customer service at many retail establishments is nearly non existent these days.
But everything archery related (two archers in the family) is purchased at Jimbows (Edmonton).
If all retail establishments were like them I think there would be a lot less online shopping.
That's the thing people don't understand, if we don't support our local archery shops we rely on and like, they will disappear and all we will have left is the big box stores and online. Support the good smaller shops.

Morb
Old 05-18-2017, 06:55 AM

To add to the "what is good service worth?" thought.

Everybody loves a deal...I do too, but when you get top level service for paying regular price...that is a heck of a good deal.

I see so many people come into Jimbows with a bow they got at a box store, that was setup for them incorrectly that they saved $10 on.

Well Jimbows has to make money, so they charge the customer to set the bow up, usually $20-40. If the bow was purchased at Jimbows, setup is included...so do you really save $10?

LC
Old 05-18-2017, 07:11 AM

I would Echo the above positive comments - Newb purchased first Bow from J-B Edmonton. They took the time to make sure I had found the right bow for me, tuned it to my needs, after sales service has been fantastic - Dave, Carson and Adam - Thank you
Old 05-18-2017, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
To add to the "what is good service worth?" thought.

Everybody loves a deal...I do too, but when you get top level service for paying regular price...that is a heck of a good deal.

I see so many people come into Jimbows with a bow they got at a box store, that was setup for them incorrectly that they saved $10 on.

Well Jimbows has to make money, so they charge the customer to set the bow up, usually $20-40. If the bow was purchased at Jimbows, setup is included...so do you really save $10?

LC
For years I've had a number in my mind when making purchases.
If there is a local store that provides good service...I'll pay upto 20% to purchase locally over online...maybe even a bit more if I know it's a product that may require after sales service. I'm in the photography industry...all the time we get people coming in hoping we'll give them a short course at the counter on how to work their new camera....that they bought online
That being said I buy waaaay too many books on Amazon....often 50% cheaper than at a local bookstore. But then I'm pretty sure I won't need help learning to turn the pages
Old 05-18-2017, 12:37 PM

Best place I've been, I feel confortable there. And service has always been unreal. They don't try and rush you out the door once you buy something. I don't go anywhere else anymore.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:32 PM

Nothing but great things to say about the place. Service after the fact goes a long way. In this case above and beyond.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:05 PM

Best place around for service. My wife joined me for the first time tonight and if she ends up buying a bow it will definitely be from there.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:55 PM

I have been out of archery for quite some time. My daughter got a little youth bow from a friend. I decided I should get a bow to shoot with her. I bought a cheap recurve from Cabela's that is #40 so I could hunt with it, if I so choose. So we are shooting and the wife wants to shoot too. #40 is just too tough for her. She struggles with it. I look online at PSE's website, and see they make my bow in #20 through #50. (its a takedown) I call Cabela's and ask if they can quote, then order me a set of #25 limbs for it? They proceed to tell me that my bow is only available in #40 or #50. I tell them otherwise, I'm looking at their website. So they take my info and say they will return my call in a day or so. 4 days later no call. Call back and they haven't gotten around to it yet, it'll likely be a few more days until they get around to it.

Look online for a PSE dealer in Edmonton and Jim-Bows pops up. Call them up and tell them what I want. 4 minutes later he calls back with a price. I say order it. That was Thursday, before May long. Tuesday they call back and tell me to pick up my limbs!!!

Cabela's still hasn't called me back with a quote!!!

Top notch place for sure. I just feel bad that I had not discovered them earlier. I would've gladly bought my bow, arrows, arm guards, finger gloves....

I really feel bad for someone who deals with Cabelas in rutting season for parts though!!!
Old 05-25-2017, 02:25 PM

Default Lol

I was in there last night picking up my new sight and a guy was in there talking about something similar! It has been said before but support local!

Morb