Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 05-11-2017, 03:44 AM

Default Best Stabilizer For Your Buck(pun intended)

I've been searching the interweb for the last couple of weeks doing some research on what would be the best stab for my new to me Matthews. The price range and the designs are from one end of the spectrum to the other. This would be strictly for hunting purposes as I already have to many costly hobbies to start target shooting.

I am thinking a 6" stab would be my best bet and a budget of 60-70 dollars. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should purchase.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:59 AM

How does the bow react when you shoot without a stabilizer?

Using a 6" up front alone, gives you a little weight forward and some dampening. It does very little to actually stabilizer your pin float.

If you bow is currently quiet and vibe free, and falls slightly forward after the shot, I would consider using no stabilizer.

My buddy just picked up a Centergy and is running no stabilizer because of the above circumstances.

BUT

If you are able to spend $60-70 and need/want a stab then there is lots of options in that price range right up to a Bee Stinger Sport which is considered 1 of the best hunting stabs.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:39 AM

No one can definitively say what you need for your bow. You have to try some and see. I used to use a 6" Trophy Ridge Static, then went to 9" then went to 9" front and 6" back. Now using Beestinger 8" front with 4oz and 6" back with 3oz weight, and a Dead Center offset side bar.

It's all trial and error. If you go into Jim Bows they will let you try before you buy.

LC
Old 05-11-2017, 08:40 AM

Trophy ridge static stabilizer or fuse carbon torch
Old 05-12-2017, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
No one can definitively say what you need for your bow. You have to try some and see. I used to use a 6" Trophy Ridge Static, then went to 9" then went to 9" front and 6" back. Now using Beestinger 8" front with 4oz and 6" back with 3oz weight, and a Dead Center offset side bar.

It's all trial and error. If you go into Jim Bows they will let you try before you buy.

LC
Bow is at Jim Bows right now getting the cam changed I will do some comparison shopping when I go to pick it up. Appreciate the feedback.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post

LC
I am currently using 9" trophy Ridge Static front and 6" Static back with the deadcenter offset bar similar to Lefty and I have to say it shoots great. I am not shooting much weight, 2oz front and 3oz back. With that in mind the bow shot really well without stabilization.

Good luck.

Morb
Old 05-13-2017, 09:49 AM

I am using the dead centre hunter system with 6" at back and 8 in the front. Great system but probably more than the budget you want stay in