Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-23-2017, 11:11 PM

Default Fishing/Camping Advice - Vanderhoof to Smithers

Wondering if anybody has any recommendations for fishing/camping recommendations between Vanderhoof and Smithers. We are relatively new to fishing. So the lake needs to be fairly easy to fish and would prefer a more calm lake as we are not super experienced with a boat. We don't have a boat so onsite boat rentals would be preferred and if we can shore fish that would be a bonus. Not looking for trophies just looking for a lake that we can catch something. As far as camping goes it doesn't have to be super fancy but onsite showers would be a requirement for some in the fishing party. Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 05-24-2017, 01:49 AM
Banned

Stay in Houstan, take a pic. with the biggest fly rod in the world and fish the Morriss from shore.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Stay in Houstan, take a pic. with the biggest fly rod in the world and fish the Morriss from shore.
Morriss???

You must mean the Morice River or Lake!
Old 06-03-2017, 09:33 PM

Default Tachick Lake

I have done some more reading and am thinking that Tachick lake might be a good option. Anybody ever fished there?
Old 06-04-2017, 04:32 AM

https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=...=1496571820253

Another option....
This logging road (check to see if in use) is one I've taken. But not since 79-82.
In/near Granisle there is a camp ground called Red Bluff (?) and I used to catch stuff from shore. Night you (could) set a night line for Burbot .
Also near by if you want good Trout fishing, the Findley (sp ?) from the Lake up past the hatchery is awesome.

Then you can take the paved road back to the HWY. Lakes along this 30 mile road have fish, but back then were wormy.

Also caught fish from shore all over Babine Lake.

No idea what is in the towns of Granisle or Topley Landing anymore. Maybe boat rentals ?
Old 06-04-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellingforaliving View Post
Wondering if anybody has any recommendations for fishing/camping recommendations between Vanderhoof and Smithers. We are relatively new to fishing. So the lake needs to be fairly easy to fish and would prefer a more calm lake as we are not super experienced with a boat. We don't have a boat so onsite boat rentals would be preferred and if we can shore fish that would be a bonus. Not looking for trophies just looking for a lake that we can catch something. As far as camping goes it doesn't have to be super fancy but onsite showers would be a requirement for some in the fishing party. Thanks in advance for the help!

Try finger lake resort. They have boat rentals cabins showers rv sites tent sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk