Old 03-21-2017, 06:17 PM

Default Norinco SA22 clone

anyone have/had one? how are they?

instagram: @schrodo_of_the_shire
Old 03-22-2017, 09:43 AM

Interested in hearing the reviews too.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:01 AM
Banned

Usually the word clone is used to describe something that didn't turn out that well. I have never handled one, but you do see them for sale in an inoperable state at times.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:34 PM

Had two and sold one. They work great. Think I paid $99 for them. The thing that can go wrong with these and this goes for the Browning SA22 as well.....is that there are a couple small springs involved in the take down mechanism. If you lose them...well...you'll have to acquire more. Keep the rifle together and you won't have any problem. Never had any failures with any ammunition I used. I like them.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:52 PM

I have one too and I like it. Works great for the price. I keep it taken down in my quad.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:25 PM

Interesting. I'm wanton one for a quad gun aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2017, 09:03 AM

Default just to clarify

Are you referring to the norinco jw-2000? If so are you asking about the 20 inch or 12 inch barrel length.?
I own a 12 inch model and I love it, not effective for long range obviously but its a great bush gun, darn thing was just caked in grease when I got it so I had to spend a while cleaning it but it has no rough parts on it, beautiful "walnut" stock, with those external hammers real eye catcher for a decent price.
Do yourself a favour if you get one alot of reviews complain of loose screws (I didn't have any and still haven't)

Got mine for 370 tax included at cdn tire in leduc if anyone cares....
Old 03-28-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieB View Post
Are you referring to the norinco jw-2000? If so are you asking about the 20 inch or 12 inch barrel length.?
I own a 12 inch model and I love it, not effective for long range obviously but its a great bush gun, darn thing was just caked in grease when I got it so I had to spend a while cleaning it but it has no rough parts on it, beautiful "walnut" stock, with those external hammers real eye catcher for a decent price.
Do yourself a favour if you get one alot of reviews complain of loose screws (I didn't have any and still haven't)

Got mine for 370 tax included at cdn tire in leduc if anyone cares....
No. This is the Norinco JW-20. A clone of the Browning SA22. It is a takedown semi-auto .22
Old 03-28-2017, 02:31 PM

Had two of them both very rough a wood very soft, spent a lot of time cleaning them up and filing sharp edges, sold them both, stuck with a couple of the real deal instead, night and day difference in quality.

I only bought them as a package deal for both thinking for the price wouldn't matter if they got banged up in use but owning real browning made models found the norinco to be too rough for me.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:24 AM

Like all Norinco, some disassembly is typically required to fix their lack of QA.
However, these guns are a true copy of J. M. Brownings great design, but as already mention with softer wood, and rougher material finishes.

They also have the reputation of being at least or even more accurate than the originals. With a good one, you can expect 10 shots under an inch at 50 yards, reliable feeding almost any subsonic and high speed hollow point ammunition and the occasional hot one down your sleeve when you're not paying attention.
The two I've examined and shot were awesome.

If you want a beater .22, these work really well. If you want to admire the workmanship up close, get the browning version.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:20 AM

Default Norinco fit and finish

I can't comment on this particular model, but I do have two Norinco bolt action rifles. I bought them from Marstar in December. I was looking for a 22 LR and found the JW-25 which is a clone of a WW 2 German training rifle. To save shipping costs, I had them throw a JW-105 223 in the order. The 22LR is quite nice, I'd say that build quality is on par with an entry to mid priced US made rifle. The wood looks nice but it is soft, I can push my thumb nail into it.
The 223 is much rougher. I had to polish the action to get it to cycle decently. The wood looks like it was chiseled to fit the rifle, and it has dried varnish runs on it. It beats me how two rifles can come from the same factory (396) and be so different in build quality. The owners manuals are a hoot to read.
If possible, you should look at them and buy in person and you can get a niceish one.
Old 04-23-2017, 12:08 PM

Default had several

Sent them all back as the barrels would not stay tight after firing.Harold
Old 04-23-2017, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
Sent them all back as the barrels would not stay tight after firing.Harold
Not all bad, as you at least got them to fire.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flieguy View Post
anyone have/had one? how are they?
No, I don't have one. Life's too short to shoot crap junk.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
No, I don't have one. Life's too short to shoot crap junk.
While I agree with that I have seen a couple of Norincos that weren't all that badly built. I am tempted to try one of the SA 22 just because they are so cheap. Might make a good quad gun.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:02 PM

Norinco"s copy of the BRNO-CZ bolt action 22's are a pretty reliable economic rifle, but their efforts to duplicate the Browning take down and the Winchester 9422 fall quite a bit short of the mark. Parts supply is poor and you will need parts sooner than later. David.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:34 PM

Interesting as the brno copy and the mauser copy werw the ones I had looked at. Basedd on your expert knowledge I Think I will skip the SA clone and just get the browning version. Thanks.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:35 AM

I certainly agree about the CZ knockoff being decent, but what is your evidence in making sweeping generalizations about the JW-20 (semi) and JW-21 (lever)?
Especially considering that JW-20 parts are interchangeable with the browning parts that can be ordered in if need from the states. The ones I know of are working fine. Although one friend messed around with the firing pin and made it unreliable. These guns have a lot of fans, actually. The Canada Ammo threaded barrel models have been pretty excellent.
The lever actions also have alot of fans, again, these are more recent examples.
Perhaps the Chinese made some big improvements in reliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Henry View Post
Norinco"s copy of the BRNO-CZ bolt action 22's are a pretty reliable economic rifle, but their efforts to duplicate the Browning take down and the Winchester 9422 fall quite a bit short of the mark. Parts supply is poor and you will need parts sooner than later. David.