Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 05-13-2017, 12:35 AM

Default BowTech Reign7 VS Invasion

So i bought an Bowtech Invasion back in about 2010.(they dont make them any more) It has worked flawless for me since but i figured its time that I try something with similar shooting characteristics but "newer and better". Enter the Reign7. I sure think its a nice bow and shoots smooth, quick, quiet, ect, but doesnt stand out.
About 6-8 years ago I thought "how much more can they advance the primitive concept of a stick and string"? Well now i have come to my own conclusion that technology has peaked a few years back as I dont see much change. Am I wrong? Im sure its the same with all brands now.
Old 05-13-2017, 08:06 AM

I shot the 7 and thought it was very nice, but was still worried about the limb issue. But, I think they might have it resolved as I have not seen a Reign limb thread on Archery Talk yet (good sign).

There have been some nice tech advancement such as the Bowtech disc technology and Prime's dual track cams, but the advancements in the last 6-7 years won't be seen if you compared it to a bow you are really comfortable with. I imagine if you spent 2-3 months with a new Reign and then went back to shoot the Invasion, then you would see the different.

There is a Mathews Z7 on here for sale in my draw and poundage. That was the first new gen compound for me and man did I shoot that bows well. Tempted to pick it up as a back-up but don't see me choosing it very often in hunting situation over my new Darton.
Old 05-13-2017, 08:56 AM

I have had an Invasion for quite a few years, the Reign 7 is actually very similar. It's actually the first bow that I put down my Invasion for. The Invasion was way ahead of its time, mine will be a back up that I can't see I'll get rid of. The Reign is an awesome replacement to the Invasion.

LC
Old 05-13-2017, 06:31 PM

Very happy with my Invasion. A little hard on servings but that is my only complaint. For the specs and shoot-ability I can't bring my self to "upgrade".
Old 05-13-2017, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrobert View Post
Very happy with my Invasion. A little hard on servings but that is my only complaint. For the specs and shoot-ability I can't bring my self to "upgrade".
The cam design on the Reign is a fair bit more forgiving on serving, the "roll over" post is tear drop shaped and offers a larger bearing surface.

You should try a Reign...but make sure you have some extra $$$ kicking around

LC
Old 05-13-2017, 11:13 PM

To me the invasion has been outstanding and consistent for a hunting rig. I actually picked up another slightly used one when i had the chance. So far with about 5 sessions in with the reign I cant get the tight groups im looking for yet, but im sure it will come together.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
The cam design on the Reign is a fair bit more forgiving on serving, the "roll over" post is tear drop shaped and offers a larger bearing surface.

You should try a Reign...but make sure you have some extra $$$ kicking around

LC
Ya I was talking with the jimbows guys and you are correct the rollover is where my servings start to separate as the cable does nearly a 180 around the post. Looking at the Reign it is a much lesser angle.