Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-28-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Wildcat Bullets

Hey all, was wondering if anybody out there uses these Wildcat bullets, there are custom made by a guy out in Wetaskiwin...I have been reloading these for the last few years and won't use anything but...This year I was using 140gr ULD-HP-FLAT-RBBT's and retained 138gr and 136gr when the bullets were recovered...Check them out at wildcatbullets.homestead.com....

BiggyT
Old 11-28-2007, 01:38 PM

I am not sure if there is any truth to this or not. "Just coffee shop talk" I heard they haven't been producing any lately. I know all the Wildcat bullets on the shelf at Pipestone Creek Archery got pulled off the shelf and sent back to Wetaskiwin.

Bullets & Bears ?
www.whitehorsestar.com/auth.php?r=45767

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 11-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Gone Hunting

Default Wildcat Bullets

I just spoke to Richard Graves and the rumors are false he is still producing bullets.They were pulled from Pipestone because lack of sales.Order from his website.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullijr View Post
I just spoke to Richard Graves and the rumors are false he is still producing bullets.They were pulled from Pipestone because lack of sales.Order from his website.
Good to know. I would like to try some out.

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 12-01-2007, 10:00 AM

I talked to Richard early in the spring. I have been waiting anxiously for his new line of 20 cal bullets.

Aim Small Miss Small
Old 03-30-2008, 10:12 AM

Default Wildcat Bullets

Well my 20 cal Wildcat Bullets have arrived. 6 boxes of 38 grn cup base ultra low drag and one box of 48 gr rebated boat tails. I leave for Mexico on Wed, so I can't play until I get back. I'll try to take some comparison pics before I leave.

This should probably be moved over to the "guns and ammo" section

Here are some photos I took comparing them with some others. I lined them up from tallest to shortest. The boxes in the background are the order that the standing bullets are in. The two laying down are the 48 and 38gr WC. I took one from overhead to compare the hollow points. The 48 gr is quite long.

Aim Small Miss Small

Last edited by gube; 03-31-2008 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Added Pics
Old 03-30-2008, 03:03 PM

The demise of Alberta Wildcats is GREATLY exagerated!!
I just bought 600 75 grain 6mm's off him ( the last of his J4 stock)
he is waiting on over 40,000 jackets for this spring.
he has other calibers in stock however.
I shoot Wildcats by the bucket full ( literally, by them by the pound)
for my 30 , 6.5 and .223.
Great bullets....
Cat
Old 03-31-2008, 02:07 AM
Banned

I will never buy any of Richards products ever again. I choose to do so because of my own morals and beliefs.

Quote:
Quote from CBC news

A Whitehorse man was fined $3,500 for his part in an illegal bear hunt that his Alberta co-hunter bragged about afterwards on the internet.

David Odo was sentenced Thursday morning in Yukon's territorial court after admitting he had lied to authorities about the grizzly bear kill last May.

Odo had agreed to guide Richard Graves, 45, of Wetaskiwin, Alta., and another man on a spring grizzly hunt in the Yukon after meeting Graves on a hunting website called Canadian Gun Nutz.

While Odo had received a special non-resident permit to guide Graves in the Takhini area north of Whitehorse, the three found a grizzly bear in an exclusive hunting area south of Haines Junction. The area, which was exclusive to Devilhole Outfitters, charges up to $25,000 for non-resident hunts.

Within 24 hours of killing the bear, the men had posted photos and an account of Graves's kill on the Gun Nutz website. But when questioned by officials later, Odo and Graves lied, saying they had found the bear in the Takhini area, where they had permission to hunt. They also lied about who killed the bear, initially saying it was Odo.

Prosecutors in Odo's trial said he admitted his guilt only after an extensive investigation by authorities, which included evidence such as a website account, weapons analyses and a video seized from Odo's home.

On top of the $3,500 fine, Odo faces a three-year ban from hunting and a six-year ban from guiding. Graves, who pleaded guilty in January to illegal hunting, was fined $4,000 and banned from hunting in the Yukon for seven years. The third man, Yukoner Robert Russel, had already been fined $1,500.
Call it what you will or back him up all you like. A person caught illegal hunting is not a person I will support with my hard earned money.

Do as you like with your money folks, just giving my opinion....
Old 03-31-2008, 03:20 AM

I've done illegal things in the past....I'd be in real trouble if they were held against me. He's paid his debt? Learn t his lesson? Move on?

I emailed him couple weeks ago about some 210 gr 30 cal. to try in my RUM. Week later, they arrived, with some lighter weight samples.....
oh, and they were NOT prepaid.
Never met or talked to him before, and he trusted me. Unless the bullets don't work for my rifle, I will continue to buy from him.

archdlx....again my .02 cents again....and yes, I survived yet another surgery!
Old 03-31-2008, 03:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdlx View Post
I've done illegal things in the past....I'd be in real trouble if they were held against me. He's paid his debt? Learn t his lesson? Move on?

I emailed him couple weeks ago about some 210 gr 30 cal. to try in my RUM. Week later, they arrived, with some lighter weight samples.....
oh, and they were NOT prepaid.
Never met or talked to him before, and he trusted me. Unless the bullets don't work for my rifle, I will continue to buy from him.

archdlx....again my .02 cents again....and yes, I survived yet another surgery!
I find it funny that people would support a company/business that would choose to willingly break the law while hunting, IMO poaching. Considering that hunters and shooters are the one who support their business, seems strange to me.

For instance, if a regular every day Alberta hunter had a general sheep tag and then knowingly went to a draw only zone and shot a ram and lied about where it was shot, do you think Alberta hunters would support or stand behind them? Highly unlikely! He or she would be hung out to dry and most responsible outdoors men and women would not support them in any way.

Anyways, just my opinion again and I wont post anymore on the subject as I am pretty sure that I am in the minority for some strange reason....
Old 03-31-2008, 05:54 PM

Tried some Wildcat .257 /87gr deer bullets in my old 99Sav .250 1-14 twist and the accuracy was not that great.About 2" groups while the Hornady 87's make one ragged hole.Killed a few deer with the Hornady's but only shot them broadside double lung.Deer recovered within 50 yards no problem.A Nosler Partition in this weight and caliber would be nice.Harold