Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-21-2020, 02:12 PM

Default CHAS recently?

has anyone been to CHAS recently? is the range busy since everyone has nowhere go to now? I wish I could have time to go there, but it is like stuck with the kids atv home forever.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:24 PM

I was there on last Saturday (windy as he11) and Sunday. Not busy at all. On the long range, there were only 4 to 6 shooters there the whole 4 hours I was shooting. The 100m was busier, but wait times are not that long. The pistol bay had only 2 on it when I looked on Saturday around 2pm. A few trucks down on the shotgun range. Again, not busy. Even with the warmer weather.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:49 PM
Banned

CHAS has always had a history of being busy, especially during the weekend. Take note of early spring, throughout summer (due to various shooting events that pretty much take over the range on the whole weekend), and especially before hunting season. These are the time of the year that the gun range is really busy during the weekend. But it's weekday, hardly anyone there.

Would recommend this gun range for people that does shift work, and not for the weekend warriors.

just my experience with this gun range
Old 03-25-2020, 10:28 AM

Don’t think the range will be open much longer,we are getting closer to having the non essential buisnesses shutdown till this crisis gets under control.