Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-27-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Is that what's happening in places that allow carry? Honest question.
it has to happen TM .... do you think that every law abiding citizen TODAY should have a sidearm and walk along your kids in the mall or see you in a restaurant after having a few ??
Old 03-27-2017, 08:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio56 View Post
the more public with guns on the hip and in passion for the moment .. the more chance of error ..pretty simple math
This is simply not true. More and more states are allowing open carry. And no crime wave has followed.

I understand if you want to argue, but use facts, not opinions.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
it has to happen TM .... do you think that every law abiding citizen TODAY should have a sidearm and walk along your kids in the mall or see you in a restaurant after having a few ??
Your not going to answer my question are you?
Old 03-27-2017, 08:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Again, some words but nothing said. We are in a unique situation, decades of social engineering and propaganda have led you to believe that we are safer when unarmed. Never before in history have people felt safe whilst having no means to defend themselves.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Your not going to answer my question are you?
The US has a problem and it's 100's of years old .. Do I want open carry here , no , are there numbers supporting US carry ? ya maybe because it's the extreme to begin with .. so honest question back at you .. Would you feel safer walking in a mall with your kids and wife if everyone was packin ?
Old 03-27-2017, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
The US has a problem and it's 100's of years old .. Do I want open carry here , no , are there numbers supporting US carry ? ya maybe because it's the extreme to begin with .. so honest question back at you .. Would you feel safer walking in a mall with your kids and wife if everyone was packin ?
Yes I would, especially given the rise in radical religious individuals moving into every Canadian city.

You would be a fool to argue against means of self defense.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Again, some words but nothing said. We are in a unique situation, decades of social engineering and propaganda have led you to believe that we are safer when unarmed. Never before in history have people felt safe whilst having no means to defend themselves.
you have guns at home ? what more do you want , a OK corral fight at the bar ?
Old 03-27-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Yes I would, especially given the rise in radical religious individuals moving into every Canadian city.
You would be a fool to argue against means of self defense.
and we should trust YOU with a gun in public ..good one .. lol
Old 03-27-2017, 09:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
you have guns at home ? what more do you want , a OK corral fight at the bar ?
You use fictional examples, and your lack of trust in your neighbors is concerning. You seem to assume everyone is out to get each other when that is not the case. Who are you out to get? Who is out to get you?
Old 03-27-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Yes I would.... nice to know some honest folk are packin at the mall instead of just gangbangers and the odd terrorist or distraught movie goer.

Quote:
, decades of social engineering and propaganda have led you to believe that we are safer when unarmed. Never before in history have people felt safe whilst having no means to defend themselves.

What if everyone was unarmed? Or maybe just everyone except yourself. Who'd be the safest then?

Personally I'm going to fight for my right to bare arms til the day I die. I like a nice farmer tan.
Banned

Quote:
and we should trust YOU with a gun in public ..good one .. lol
Re-read the article. Apparently the average law-abiding citizen is more trustworthy than the average cop, and you trust them..
Old 03-27-2017, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
What if everyone was unarmed? Or maybe just everyone except yourself. Who'd be the safest then?

Personally I'm going to fight for my right to bare arms til the day I die. I like a nice farmer tan.
It is statistically unrealistic to expect that everyone is unarmed given the amount of gang members on the prowl.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Yes I would.... nice to know some honest folk are packin at the mall instead of just gangbangers and the odd terrorist or distraught movie goer.
TM ..the point i'm trying to make is if there's 35 million people here in Canada and 25 million can pack .. is there more chance of error ? of course .. the honest people today are not always the pure of tomorrow ... nice family guy now , simple math and having a BAD day ...whoops
Old 03-27-2017, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Or angry driver that I just accidentally cut off in traffic. Maybe some honest folk lose their minds once in a while and do irresponsible things.

Who determines who's "honest folk" anyways? The guy selling the handguns? Politicians?

Didn't Trump just sign a resolution blocking an Obama-era rule that would have prevented an estimated 75,000 people with mental disorders from buying guns? They could be "honest folk" I guess. Just with the odd tic or quirk here and there. Like the guy on the Greyhound bus in Manitoba. He's good to go now apparently as long as he takes his meds. No reason he shouldn't be packing some heat.

I think the biggest reason so many carry in the U.S. is simple. Paranoia. Or according to the bear whisperer doofus because it's their God given right, which blows me away because I did not know God was present during the drawing up of the American constitution. He must have photobombed the proceedings.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:20 PM

I would like to see the carry permit application in certain states.
Who gets accepted, who does not. Just white good o'l boys carrying?
Any ethnic or religious questions on the app ?

TBark
Old 03-27-2017, 09:21 PM
Banned

So because a small fraction of the population might do something bad we should remove the ability of the law abiding people around the perp to defend themselves? That logic does not add up.

Crazies will do crazy things regardless of the law. It is already illegal to behead someone, but yet Mr Li did. Now what if there would have been a way for Tim to defend himself
Old 03-27-2017, 09:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
TM ..the point i'm trying to make is if there's 35 million people here in Canada and 25 million can pack .. is there more chance of error ? of course .. the honest people today are not always the pure of tomorrow ... nice family guy now , simple math and having a BAD day ...whoops
Again, an example of lack of trust. Why do you assume that the go to reaction will be to open fire? Is that what you would do?

It is also illegal to discharge your firearm in anger. Road rage shootings would not occur simply because they are illegal.

Last edited by Newview01; 03-27-2017 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Again, an example of lack of trust. Why do you assume that the go to reaction will be to open fire? Is that what you would do?
now you get it ..exactly my point .. I'm a honest law abiding citizen , BUT ... should everyone trust me and should I have carry permit ? I was good for 45 years prior ... I snap in a parking lot or church ....hmmmm
Old 03-27-2017, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
now you get it ..exactly my point .. I'm a honest law abiding citizen , BUT ... should everyone trust me and should I have carry permit ? I was good for 45 years prior ... hmmmm
Again, flawed logic.

At this moment one does not need to be carrying to shoot people at a busy intersection in anger.

The ability to carry does not enable psychos to fulfill their fantasies or angry dads to kill daughters boyfriends, but rather the ability to carry gives the average citizen the ability to defend themselves in those situations.

You are still placing more trust in dangerous criminals than peace-loving citizens.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:32 PM

Quote:
I have glided under the radar on this one but when it comes to protecting my family then their protection is my priority. I am from Montana and do pack. With whats going on in today's society, there is a certain amount of sickness and illness and many people have lost their morals any more, and yes I want to protect my family and innocent people around me from these whacos.
What are you going to do and your on a bus and a whaco has a knife to your wife's throat, in the mean time your son has just been decapitated on greyhound.

Bobby
Old 03-27-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knot rite View Post
i have glided under the radar on this one but when it comes to protecting my family then their protection is my priority. I am from montana and do pack. With whats going on in today's society, there is a certain amount of sickness and illness and many people have lost their morals any more, and yes i want to protect my family and innocent people around me from these whacos.
What are you going to do and your on a bus and a whaco has a knife to your wife's throat, in the mean time your son has just been decapitated on greyhound.

Bobby
Old 03-27-2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot Rite View Post
I have glided under the radar on this one but when it comes to protecting my family then their protection is my priority. I am from Montana and do pack. With whats going on in today's society, there is a certain amount of sickness and illness and many people have lost their morals any more, and yes I want to protect my family and innocent people around me from these whacos.

Bobby
agree somewhat , special times for certain people , not all ... been there to your state of Montana and seen guns in bars and drunks packin ... like I said you have a history and no thanks ....
Old 03-27-2017, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
agree somewhat , special times for certain people , not all ... been there to your state of Montana and seen guns in bars and drunks packin ... like I said you have a history and no thanks ....
And did you witness a bloodbath?

Of course not.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:44 PM

Rio56, I respect that you have a viewpoint that not everyone should carry, but you're doing a terrible job defending it. Your main argument here is precisely the one that evidence is showing to be an utter falsity in the USA (a considerably more violent society than Canada).
Old 03-27-2017, 09:47 PM

Quote:
And did you witness a bloodbath?

Of course not.
honestly what I saw made my mind up real fast , no one was shot , but a gun came out .. I was 19 and we just watched
Old 03-27-2017, 09:48 PM

Old 03-27-2017, 09:50 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Rio56;3504163]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
Rio56, I respect that you have a viewpoint that not everyone should carry, but you're doing a terrible job defending it. Your main argument here is precisely the one that evidence is showing to be an utter falsity in the USA (a considerably more violent society than Canada).[/QUOTE]

you're so wrong ..but carry on
Actually you are wrong. The facts and statistics prove you wrong.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
honestly what I saw made my mind up real fast , no one was shot , but a gun came out .. I was 19 and we just watched
Rolleyes
Old 03-27-2017, 09:51 PM

[QUOTE=Newview01;3504166]
Quote:

Actually you are wrong. The facts and statistics prove you wrong.
He's right. And he's agreeing with you.