Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-26-2017, 02:55 PM
Banned

Default In other news concerning the US:

Carry Permit Figures Surge in 2016

https://www.one-armed-man.com/2017/0...surge-in-2016/

Quote:
The number of persons in the U.S. with concealed-carry permits continues to surge and has reached an all-time high of 15 million. More than 6 percent of adults in the U.S. have a permit to carry a concealed weapon; in 10 states, more than 10 percent of adults hold concealed-carry permits.

This escalation is particularly compelling given the rising number of states that have adopted “permitless” concealed-carry laws. With such laws passed recently in Missouri, West Virginia, Mississippi and Idaho, 12 states now have some form of law that allows carrying a concealed firearm without a state-issued permit or license.

Yet, contrary to the apprehension and alarm expressed by gun-control groups, this expansion in permit holders and permitless carry laws doesn’t correlate with an increase in violent crime. Permit holders, as a class, tend to be substantially more law-abiding than the general population. The Crime Prevention Research Center notes that the crime rate for the general population is 37 times higher than the rate for police officers, yet concealed-carry permit holders “are convicted of felonies and misdemeanors at less than a sixth the rate for police officers.” Overall, gun crime victimization is substantially lower than it was 20 years ago, while the number of individuals legally carrying firearms has skyrocketed.

The next milestone? Legislation that would respect the rights of individuals who possess concealed-carry permits in their home state, or who are not prohibited from carrying concealed in their home state, to exercise those rights in any other state. The concept of national reciprocity of carry permits has been formally endorsed by President Donald Trump, and U.S. Rep. Richard Hudson, R-N.C., has already announced plans to push forward a Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 when the new Congress meets next year.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:28 PM

Not trolling but i am genuinely curious is it legal for canadians to open carry in any us states? Like if you had a hunting licence or whatnot? Not sure I would ever do this but I am curious.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:30 PM

Yup you can, can carry concealed in a few as well.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2017, 04:31 PM

Need to fill out form 6 Nia from the ATF. List all firearms you wanna bring down and list of any ammo.
Good for one year. Every state however has different laws. So get a reading.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2017, 05:26 PM
Gone Hunting

North Dakota just did away with permits for concealed carry. See 2nd Amendment.

Contrary to popular belief the streets are not running red with blood. Wonder why that is???

Could it be the anti carry crowd are WRONG?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 03-26-2017, 05:46 PM

No wonder so many illegals are coming to Canada.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
No wonder so many illegals are coming to Canada.
why ? do they carry , we need to know ....
Old 03-26-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio56 View Post
why ? do they carry , we need to know ....
No the illegals are probably running to Canada because they know they can't do illegal things there because so many Mericans are packin.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallardMan View Post
Not trolling but i am genuinely curious is it legal for canadians to open carry in any us states? Like if you had a hunting licence or whatnot? Not sure I would ever do this but I am curious.
In Arizona, when I was a kid, my dad & I were in a hunting/gun shop and told the guy we were from Canada. Really nice guy, great shop near the Tuscon Air Force Graveyard.

He said "I can sell you one of these, and you can carry when your in Arizona, but you can't take it back to Canada."

The best part? His shop had a service where if a Canadian bought a handgun they would store it for you, and all you had to do was drop by when you were in the area to pick it up. Then drop it off when you went back to Canada.

Now that's service!
Old 03-26-2017, 06:43 PM

In the 80's my parents took us on a holiday to California. After we crossed the border the first place we stopped my dad bought a handgun for protection. Did our holiday thing. Then on the way home just before the border he just threw it out the window. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweld View Post
In the 80's my parents took us on a holiday to California. After we crossed the border the first place we stopped my dad bought a handgun for protection. Did our holiday thing. Then on the way home just before the border he just threw it out the window. Lol

that's interesting ... so why did you guys need a handgun in California . and when you get back to Canada not so ...
Old 03-26-2017, 06:55 PM

Beats me I was 14. Just sharing the story

Old 03-26-2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
that's interesting ... so why did you guys need a handgun in California . and when you get back to Canada not so ...
Total guess here. Because he felt the need to in Calif and he was allowed to. On the way home, no matter what the need it was against the law.

I know a young fellow that took a course at The Shooting Edge. He worked there as well! He told me that he was about to go on vacation to the pan handle of Idaho. When I asked, why Idaho? His answer BECAUSE I AM ALLOWED TO CARRY MY GLOCK

I don't know how his vacation went.

I know another old guy (since passed) that used to go to Cowboy Shoots in Wyoming. He told me that they wore their guns all day even when they left the range and no one really objected even when they refreshed themselves at a local bar. The old guy I respected and think he had no reason to lie.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
No the illegals are probably running to Canada because they know they can't do illegal things there because so many Mericans are packin.
Bingo! And we give 'em more free ****.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:34 PM

Has anyone here actually open carried or concealed caries in the us? I always get third hand stories and not anyone who has actually done it.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
I dumber for reading that
Old 03-27-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
I somehow believe you ..
I get the "they can , we can't" its not a question because we can in the US , it's more because everyone else is ... Most people , especially Canadians are NOT gonna use a handgun in the states . would you really feel safer in the US carrying ? or here where no one can ? ... forget your macho self for a min
Old 03-27-2017, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:

I somehow believe you ..
I get the "they can , we can't" its not a question because we can in the US , it's more because everyone else is ... Most people , especially Canadians are NOT gonna use a handgun in the states . would you really feel safer in the US carrying ? or here where no one can ? ... forget your macho self for a min
Yes, I absolutely would feel safer if I could carry.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Perfect example of a self inflicted reverse roe-sham-boe right there !!!

LOL

Solid Gold there Billy-Bob, Solid freaking gold
Old 03-27-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Forgive me if I do not feel safer because you feel safer by carrying.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
good , you don't understand and are one of the reasons we have no carry .. and obviously our country disagrees with you and EZM ....
Old 03-27-2017, 08:41 PM
Banned

The mentality of you anti-carry people is the problem. You trust that untrustworthy people (criminals) will not be performing potentially deadly criminal acts in your vicinity, but you do not trust a law abiding citizen to defend themselves or the people around them. That mentality is a result of years of social engineering and propaganda.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:43 PM

it's the mentality of the law abiding citizen like you , that scares me .. do I trust you with a gun in public ? no
Old 03-27-2017, 08:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
it's the mentality of the law abiding citizen like you , that scares me
And what mentality is that?
Old 03-27-2017, 08:46 PM

[QUOTE=Newview01;3504058]And what mentality is that?[/QUOTE]

it's called TUFF guy and that's why you started this thread ... do I trust you with a gun in public ? don't know and I'm glad I don't have to .. give it up
Old 03-27-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
The mentality of you anti-carry people is the problem. You trust that untrustworthy people (criminals) will not be performing potentially deadly criminal acts in your vicinity, but you do not trust a law abiding citizen to defend themselves or the people around them. That mentality is a result of years of social engineering and propaganda.
Yup. Gotta agree. I would rather have myself to trust for the safety of myself and my family than have to rely on other people.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:50 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Rio56;3504064]
Quote:
And what mentality is that?[/QUOTE]

it's called TUFF guy and that's why you started this thread ... do I trust you with a gun in public ? don't know and I'm glad I don't have to .. give it up
Great arguments. I totally see your point. [/sarc]

I suspect you scoff at cops for having a sidearm as well. I mean really they are just trying to look tough....

Edit - I strongly recommend you read "The Armed Citizen" section of certain NRA publications. There are several examples every month of people saving their own lives and those of the people around them by carrying concealed or simply being prepared. Many women carry, not because they want to be tough, but because they are smart.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Yup. Gotta agree.
the more public with guns on the hip and in passion for the moment .. the more chance of error ..pretty simple math
Old 03-27-2017, 08:52 PM

Quote:
the more public with guns on the hip and in passion for the moment .. the more chance of error ..pretty simple math
Is that what's happening in places that allow carry? Honest question.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:53 PM

[QUOTE=Newview01;3504070]
Quote:

Great arguments. I totally see your point. [/sarc]

I suspect you scoff at cops for having a sidearm as well. I mean really they are just trying to look tough....
geeze ..you just argued for me .. the more guns the more gun defence ..you really don't get it ..imagine NO guns in a country ..legal or not ..can you do that ...am talking public carry