Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-03-2015, 04:48 AM

Default Prentice as delusional as Allison

It must be the water at the legislature ....

Read the comments after the article ..

Giddy up Wild Rose , the barn door is open .

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/04/02...-alberta-wants

Jimmy mustn't be a poll guy
Old 04-03-2015, 07:20 AM

Astounding!

I know politicians lie, but this is absolutely amazing! The rationalizations, evading, and outright falsehoods are so transparent, one wonders who'se coaching him to say this stuff.

It indicates a serious internal problem within the party, regarding truth as opposed to their perspective, I think.

Sure hope they don't get in, next time around.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:41 AM

Do you really want to know the reason Prentice is deluded.....other than spending too much time in front of a mirror?????

He's a Liberal!!!! And being guided/helped/supported by big time Liberals.

Mike Percy, former liberal MLA......Prentice's Chief of Staff.

Patricia Misutka, former chief of staff for Mandel....Prentice's Principal Secretary

Stephen Mandel, one of the biggest liberals there is, the guy who mused about a knife registry, because the gun registry was so successful and doing such a great job at reducing gun violence...........Prentice's top minister...40% of the budget is under Mandel as Monister of Health

Who else is on Prentice's transition team.......??? MLA Robin Campbell, Former acting president of United Mine Workers of America. Hmmm pretty strong union ties for a PC......but sounds about right for the far left NDP.

I don't know about other right wing conservatives......but the above group would be not be anywhere near me....ever......much less advising me.

So we really can't blame Prentice for bringing in a liberal budget if he is being advised by liberals and truly is " JUST AS RED AS REDFORD.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbadger View Post
Astounding!

I know politicians lie, but this is absolutely amazing! The rationalizations, evading, and outright falsehoods are so transparent, one wonders who'se coaching him to say this stuff.

It indicates a serious internal problem within the party, regarding truth as opposed to their perspective, I think.

Sure hope they don't get in, next time around.
Danielle
Old 04-03-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
Do you really want to know the reason Prentice is deluded.....other than spending too much time in front of a mirror?????

Patricia Misutka, former chief of staff for Mandel....Prentice's Principal Secretary

Stephen Mandel, one of the biggest liberals there is, the guy who mused about a knife registry, because the gun registry was so successful and doing such a great job at reducing gun violence...........Prentice's top minister...40% of the budget is under Mandel as Monister of Health

Who else is on Prentice's transition team.......??? MLA Robin Campbell, Former acting president of United Mine Workers of America. Hmmm pretty strong union ties for a PC......but sounds about right for the far left NDP.

I don't know about other right wing conservatives......but the above group would be not be anywhere near me....ever......much less advising me.

So we really can't blame Prentice for bringing in a liberal budget if he is being advised by liberals and truly is " JUST AS RED AS REDFORD.
Nailed it....think only thing PC about the PC Party....is the name!

LC
Old 04-03-2015, 12:01 PM

He believes 100% that the WR neither has the support nor the machine to cause any harm to his party. Therefore he can be as arrogant as he wishes. The worst part is he may be right.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:44 PM

Default Double Agent ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bison View Post
Danielle
Maybe Danielle has gone all double agent and is attacking the monster from the inside ??

I sure was disappointed in her selling out the Wild Rose.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:33 PM

Is that the best jounalist that the Sun has?

Not a very well written article.
I'll bet a grade 12'student could have done better.

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 04-03-2015, 02:52 PM

I think that the PC's believe that we are all stupid
Old 04-03-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B. View Post
I think that the PC's believe that we are all stupid
Well they keep getting voted in, so what reason would they have to believe anything different?

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 04-03-2015, 03:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Well they keep getting voted in, so what reason would they have to believe anything different?
+ 1
Old 04-03-2015, 04:09 PM

I posted this once before but it applies to the topic. This was said 150 years ago about conservatives. Sort of applies to todays politics and topic.

“Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives...
I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it. Suppose any party, in addition to whatever share it may possess of the ability of the community, has nearly the whole of its stupidity, that party must, by the law of its constitution, be the stupidest party; and I do not see why honorable gentlemen should see that position as at all offensive to them, for it ensures their being always an extremely powerful party . . . There is so much dense, solid force in sheer stupidity, that any body of able men with that force pressing behind them may ensure victory in many a struggle, and many a victory the Conservative party has gained through that power."
-John Stuart Mill (British philosopher, economist, and member of Parliament for Westminster from 1865 to 68 )”
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets

Last edited by Red Bullets; 04-03-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:35 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
I posted this once before but it applies to the topic. This was said 150 years ago about conservatives. Sort of applies to todays politics and topic.

“Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives...
I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it. Suppose any party, in addition to whatever share it may possess of the ability of the community, has nearly the whole of its stupidity, that party must, by the law of its constitution, be the stupidest party; and I do not see why honorable gentlemen should see that position as at all offensive to them, for it ensures their being always an extremely powerful party . . . There is so much dense, solid force in sheer stupidity, that any body of able men with that force pressing behind them may ensure victory in many a struggle, and many a victory the Conservative party has gained through that power."
-John Stuart Mill (British philosopher, economist, and member of Parliament for Westminster from 1865 to 68 )”
Exactly why Britania rules the waves yet today.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 04-03-2015, 06:02 PM
Banned

Quote:

A typical liberal quote. Calling people stupid with no basis of fact.

Thank you Red Bullets. Thank you for showing how a liberal thinks.

Statements like this should give more incentive to not vote for liberals like the PC in Alberta.

The PC's think we are stupid. Are we?
Old 04-03-2015, 06:07 PM
Banned

Quote:

Old 04-03-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post

Yes.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:

Except that there is nothing besides the name that is conservative about this current government. They are as liberal as it gets.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:14 PM

the scary part is we keep complaining and we still vote for them. time for us to rally and get any other party in. regardless who gets in it wont be any worse than having the pc in power. it will smarten them up that is for sure.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:51 PM

I don't want to see the PC's in but we need to be somewhat realistic. I don't think there is any way to cut costs enough without raising something somewhere. My concern is Prentice is arrogant enough to do what he has done and a lot more. His fat pocket is filled so we mean nothing to him.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennedy View Post
the scary part is we keep complaining and we still vote for them. time for us to rally and get any other party in. regardless who gets in it wont be any worse than having the pc in power. it will smarten them up that is for sure.
I havn't voted for the PC's in the last three elections !

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidderman View Post
I don't want to see the PC's in but we need to be somewhat realistic. I don't think there is any way to cut costs enough without raising something somewhere. My concern is Prentice is arrogant enough to do what he has done and a lot more. His fat pocket is filled so we mean nothing to him.
There are lots of ways to cut costs. The PC's just don't want to do it on the Gov. side of things. Would mean their buddies would be fired, have to use their own postage stamps and pens, only one or two exceutive secratary's not three or four, etc... Save your penies and the dollars will follow. Oh sorry, Save your nickel's and the 10 dollars will follow now day's ! No more pennie. No more giving $ breaks to buddies in major corporations and such.

How much money did he raise from the sale of the airplanes? I would bet there was a lot of savings from maint and on call people to keep those planes ready to fly alone. Does he have a body guard or two? Get rid of them. He's not that important. Does he have a limo on call? Parking perks. How many others have those perks ?

All MLA's need to pay their fair share of out of pocket monies for perks that they receive now, just like the regular person. The Gov. needs to look in the mirror !

Lots of places that lean thinking can apply, probably 100 or more in all the departments. Lots of Muda in our Gov. ( Muda ) = Waste !

Gonna get me a 16" perch.