Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-02-2015, 11:45 PM

canada posts regulations still stand

Last edited by Chuck_Wagon; 04-02-2015 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_Wagon View Post
canada posts regulations still stand

They are Canada Post policies,they are not regulations under the Firearms Act, as you tried to make it appear in your previous post.

I have received several dozen firearms by mail, and not one had a trigger lock or cable on it, but several were left sitting on my doorstep, despite being sent Signature Required. If Canada Post wants to discuss the shipping of firearms by mail, they will be the ones explaining why they left firearms sitting unattended on a doorstep, without someone signing for them.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 04-03-2015 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitasey View Post
Long story kind of....

My boyfriends family (2 grandfathers) has passed down all of there guns to him, we live in Calgary, the guns are in Cape Breton NS. He does not have his firearms license right now but we are both booked to get it the end of this month. We are visiting Cape Breton in August and wondering how hard it will be to take them all back with us? Is it even possible? Can you fly with firearms? Will the guns have to be registered in his name before we can do this? Any advice will be appreciated. I am trying to google the answer but it is not very helpful.

Thanks!
Congratulations on asking the question, and Welcome!!!!

Firearms are an important part of Canadian Heritage, and new PAL/RPAL people are welcome here.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:44 AM

Sorry if I'm doubling up on someone's earlier post, I read through quickly. But one thing I didn't see was whether there are any handguns in the inventory. If there are you will have a bunch of additional measures to follow, starting with a restricted PAL.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybuster View Post
Sorry if I'm doubling up on someone's earlier post, I read through quickly. But one thing I didn't see was whether there are any handguns in the inventory. If there are you will have a bunch of additional measures to follow, starting with a restricted PAL.
We are actually unsure, but almost positive that there won't be and it's just all rifles. If there is some handguns we will not be taking them back until it's possible. Just wanna get the rifles out here now so we can get them restored and actually put use to them instead of in storage where they have been for years.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:47 AM
Banned

Hi,

Go to this URL to find the list of approved carrier of firearms in Canada. Hope that helps:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/c.../index-eng.htm
Old 04-03-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
They are Canada Post policies,they are not regulations under the Firearms Act, as you tried to make it appear in your previous post.

I have received several dozen firearms by mail, and not one had a trigger lock or cable on it, but several were left sitting on my doorstep, despite being sent Signature Required. If Canada Post wants to discuss the shipping of firearms by mail, they will be the ones explaining why they left firearms sitting unattended on a doorstep, without someone signing for them.

I hope they were insured against theft.....

The whole idea of shipping with locks is kinda ludicrous really, do you hide the key in the package somewhere?

Personally, not a singe firearm being delivered via CPost has ever been locked....
Old 04-03-2015, 03:33 PM

Canada Post lists their requirements on their website.
I haven't seen a single firearm arrive from a WSS, Cabelas type of store with a secure locking device installed, and as far as a sturdy locked box, that hasn't happened either.
It makes ones head hurt to imagine the run on combination locks that would happen to allow compliance with the Poste's.

As for trigger locks..... What a crock.... Watch this:
http://youtu.be/hKfYCCEH0Y4
And yes this works I've done it a few times at the range and once in the goose blind for a few mis guided folks. A thin blade gentlemen's pocket knife does wonders.

There are no absolutes

Last edited by Dick284; 04-03-2015 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:16 PM

I flew 2 firearms last year out of YWG packed in long cardboard boxes taped up, no trigger locks.
No ammo was transported.

Airline had no problem with this. I did declare them.