Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 01-31-2011, 05:17 PM
Banned

Default A.T.A. Update

I received an update on A.T.A. business and activities today from one of our A.T.A. Zone Directors. It spells out what the latest information is regarding the new building, DAO etc. and comes from Gordy Klassen. I have asked our Director to see if it can be printed as a thread on this Forum to inform as many trappers as possible the direction and how things are going. If Admin and/or a mod could see this done as a "sticky" it would be appreciated.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:22 AM
Banned

Default Update from the ATA

Here is a copy of the ATA update from Gordy Klassen.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ATA Update.pdf (241.7 KB, 205 views)
Old 02-01-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVTRAPPING View Post
Here is a copy of the ATA update from Gordy Klassen.
Thanks for some answers. When you don't know what is going on, a lot of the blanks get filled in.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:31 AM

Thanks ILT. Where's Jim? I miss the trapline diary. How was AHIEA? Any one from the ATA going to the Fish and Game conference?
Doug
Old 02-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Banned

Default Ata

Hi Dugh, not sure what happened to Jim's newsletter it was a good read. AHEIA is this weekend. We came in early as nothing was moving around and a shower felt good...LOL...this weather is crazy with it's ups and downs. The fish aren't even cooperating
Old 02-04-2011, 03:08 PM

Default where is the newsletter

The newsletter will be coming out whenever we get settled. The group mailings are on a computer in storage. I never thought we would be out of the loop for so long. In hindsight I should have placed the group address on my own computer, to late now.
I have a lot of "stuff" as well as a long trapline diary that will be ready to go whenever I can get into the group address file. Sorry for the delay but who knew.
Jim
PS - I see someone was trying to find out about a course and I would not answer. I don't get posts to the web address unless the administrator decides to send one to me. We will get going in the spring and I am tentatively looking at courses in Wabasca, Fort Chip and perhaps Calgary. In addition we are thinking of running some back to back courses at the college this summer if the interest is there.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Banned

Default Downtime

WOW! That's a long time being down. Hopefully there will be some good news coming with the next update. It will take a while to get some momentum back. I know if someone is interested in contacting Jim they can do it through a p.m. and he should get an email automatically to whichever email address he has given to set up his Forum Membership.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Banned

Default Sundre Meeting with Zone Director

We had our Sundre regular meeting with our Zone Director and representation from the Rocky Trappers Association. Looks like it's early to get a handle on where the ATA is financially and by what I heard the final results probably won't be available until the year end is done (end of March for the year end then time to prepare the books).

The MOU/DAO appear to still have much to get worked out between SRD and the ATA. There were alot of issues asked about with no real clear resolution, so we'll have to stay tuned on what exactly the MOU will look like as far as funding, scope of duties and responsibilities etc.. My guess is with the upcoming party elections and quite possibly a general Provincial election it will be a while and by then there will be a different premier and possibly SRD Minister.

Apparently the ATA certified instructors now can hold their own Trapper Ed. courses and Rocky is scheduling one during the Easter break. The cost will be considerably less than the previous ones coordinated with the ATA. If anyone is interested contact Ken Schroderous or Neil Godlonton of the Rocky Association.

Looks like there is no concrete date for this years AGM but most likely still in September.

So looks like a few unknowns out there on the ATA but our Director said Gordy Klassen will be sending out updates to membership as information is unwraveled.

That's all I have...if someone else has different or additional observations, post away!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:54 AM
Banned

Default Couple other items

As it was a bit late when I posted there are a couple other items.

The Educational DVD for schools will apparently be in final form late March. There are four copies being looked at now for final editing if any and then it will go into production. The DVD was 13 months late but we were advised it is on budget.

The building is 90% complete and some volunteers will be unloading articles and files into the garage on the property from the rental vans it has been stored in. Then the move will commence with everything being in the building by the end of March. If anyone has any furniature that is in good condition, desks, chairs etc. the ATA would be grateful for a donation. The question was asked why Brian Bildson walked away from managing the project and the reply was nobody seemed to know.

That's all.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:52 AM

Blah Blah Blah more mis-information from a wanna-be. Careful what you say you may have to eat some words. Oh that's right guys like you just move on to the next BS story and don't worry about the facts. KMA
Old 02-27-2011, 09:52 AM

We heard on Tuesday at the Greater Edmonton meeting that the drywallers will be done soon. A problem with Fortis (power company) holding things up, no power= no heat= no drywall mud. Should be getting a request for volunteer painters soon.
Doug
Old 02-27-2011, 10:41 AM

Hi Brian, could you elaborate on your role in the ATA buildingconstruction. Maybe most folks just do not know what your commiments were.
Thanks
Mark Spafford
Old 03-17-2011, 07:25 AM
Banned

Default Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1107 View Post
Hi Brian, could you elaborate on your role in the ATA buildingconstruction. Maybe most folks just do not know what your commiments were.
Thanks
Mark Spafford

??????
Old 04-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Banned

Old 04-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Banned

From what I have heard, this is what is to be expected, from what SOME are still calling the ATA, in regards to more matters than just this.. or so they say

---- by the way--- what does - KMA - mean ???
Old 04-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1107 View Post
Thanks
Mark Spafford

Brian???????