Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-11-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Winchester Coyote Lite 300WSM

Any body out there have one looking for some reviews on this rare beasty
Old 10-12-2007, 07:08 AM

Wow! no comments no other owners!
Like the look ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coyotelite.jpg (4.9 KB, 82 views)
Old 10-12-2007, 10:02 AM
sheephunter

Don't know a whole lot about it but it does come in pretty heavy if you are looking specifically for a lightweight rifle. I like the looks but it's about a pound too heavy for me.

http://www.gunsandhunting.com/coyotelite.html
Old 10-12-2007, 10:12 AM

I had looked at this rifle in the laminate stainless version, which is about a lb heavier than this one. It sounded great, as winchester advertised it as being a crossover varminter and sporter. To me, it didn't point well enough at all to be a competent sporter. Granted, this one is about a lb lighter than the one I looked at so it might make a huge difference.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:35 AM

I picked it up a couple weeks back and couldn't believe the weight I have read a few good reviews but not enough the only thing I know for sure is that they are no longer available and I found one new in the box. I have not found another anywhere so I bought it last night I will send it to a Bud in Edmonton have the trigger replaced or Get the gang at Alberta Tactical in Calgary to get it ready to shoot think I will put a Shepherd scope on and see if we can make her work.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:02 PM

I have one, but in 270 WSM as opposed to the 300. I'm guessing you got that one at the Red Deer Can Tire, as I'd seen seen one there. I was mulling between that .300 WSM and the .270, and opted for the smaller one due to already having various .30 cals, but nothing in .270. I like the med heavy fluted barrel, and find it a decent weight, that Bell & Carlson stock is quite light to offset the additional mass in the tube. I've got less than 2 boxes of ammo through the tube so far, and find the recoil similar to my 30-06. I'm just off to sight it in again right now... as I had some issues with my initial scope mounting that I hope have been rectified. Hope you enjoy yours!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:07 PM

fill me in on how it goes and what your ammo choice is I sure hope it shoots well. I was at the range in Pincher tonight one fellow had a sako 300 wsm shooting federal premium 180 gr Accubonds said 3" was as good as he could get I shot it did not mesure the group exact but it was about .750 the guy has a wicked flinch but the fed premiums run nice through the sako
Old 10-16-2007, 03:45 PM

GRIZZ1 has a 300WSM in the Coyote. Seems to like it pretty good. I had a 22-250 in the CL but sold it b/c I didn't like the action and I am partial to Remingtons.
Should be a pretty good rifle, the calibre is a good choice for sure.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirtr View Post
GRIZZ1 has a 300WSM in the Coyote. Seems to like it pretty good. I had a 22-250 in the CL but sold it b/c I didn't like the action and I am partial to Remingtons.
Should be a pretty good rifle, the calibre is a good choice for sure.
Funny I don't care for the action but have never liked REMINGTON two bst hunting buddies love the rems but i like the ruger. I do hope the Coyote lite is good seems like there is so little info but hey its a grand wouldnt be the first time i lost s grand.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Shepherd 6-18v1 Added

Well not much feed back from people on the Coyote Lite so I added a Shepherd scope to the mix as another un-common factor any one useing a Shepherd out there.