Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-20-2016, 12:16 PM
Banned

Default Pardus shotguns?

Unable to find much in terms of reviews.
Curious if any experiences, particularly the o/u
Thanks
Old 02-20-2016, 12:30 PM

I'm interested to see if anyone has any info on these as well.

I've got a 20ga. O/U Yildiz that I've had for a few years now and really like it. Although it's my only shotgun it has never let me down. It seems like the firearms coming out of Turkey are quite the pricepoint items and so far are very good value...
Old 02-20-2016, 07:37 PM

I think that Yildiz, CZ, Weatherby and Winchester to name a few have done well providing price point firearms made in Turkey. Pardus? Not so much!

Last edited by covey ridge; 02-20-2016 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:02 PM

They are just another company offering Turkish made shotguns, that is trying to break into the low priced shotgun market. I was actually looking at one in Wholesale Sports a couple of days ago, that a clerk was trying to sell to someone, and I was less than impressed.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:05 PM
Banned

Default I get that

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
They are just another company offering Turkish made shotguns, that is trying to break into the low priced shotgun market.
I don't need my birds to salute as they fall out of the sky because I shot them with some multi thousand dollar fancy engraved o/u.

Do they work reliably and shoot straight?
Old 02-20-2016, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAlbertan View Post
I don't need my birds to salute as they fall out of the sky because I shot them with some multi thousand dollar fancy engraved o/u.

Do they work reliably and shoot straight?
After looking at one, I won't be buying one to find out how reliable they are. I will leave that to the people that don't mind taking a chance on a cheap shotgun crapping out in less than 1000 rounds. I don't buy fancy engraved O/U shotguns, but I do buy O/U shotguns that are proven to hold up to at least 50,000 rounds without requiring major repairs.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:25 PM
Banned

Default Thanks. Anybody?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
After looking at one, I won't be buying one to find out how reliable they are. I will leave that to the people that don't mind taking a chance on a cheap shotgun crapping out in less than 1000 rounds. I don't buy fancy engraved O/U shotguns, but I do buy O/U shotguns that are proven to hold up to at least 50,000 rounds without requiring major repairs.
Thanks elk

Anybody shoot or own one?
Old 03-29-2017, 01:10 PM

Default Pardus SD M1155

Got a Pardus SD M1155 on trade and took it outside and blasted a mag off with 2-3/4 flawlessly. Looks great and shoots real nice. Adjustable rear stick length with the push of a button. Handle is nice to carry. Might be my new coyote ptredator shotgun. Will have to see how it groups on paper first. Love love the looks of it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8613.jpg (17.0 KB, 37 views)
Old 03-29-2017, 06:10 PM

I used a Pardus over and under for part of last year. Shot well with it. Not that many shots to say if it is reliable or not. The gun looks well made especially for the price point.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:53 PM

Got a Pardus SD in semi-auto last year. Tested a few rounds with target load, got jammed on every round. Aimed at a target 20 yards away and it hit 1 feet off. Had a visual check and found the iron sight is not aligned. No experience with pump action one.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:55 PM

I have the Paradus O/U in 20 ga. My two sons both have one as well.
They are well built guns. Fit and finish is very well done.

I have over 2500 rounds through mine and the boys are most likely around 1000 each.

After 2500 rounds the gun is as tight as it was new. It has run without a hiccup and points extremely well

I have used it for skeet, sporting clays, upland birds (with standard target shells) and for ducks using magnum steel shot with no problems

When comparing these to the famed Yildiz or Tri-Star I found they are EXACTLY the same and I would suspect they are of the same manufacturer with a different name stamped on them.

Is it a Browning or Italian gun? NO

Will it last a lifetime of casual shooting? I would say YES

Is is light enough and does it handle/ point well? Definitely YES

Is the wood and metal finish done well enough so you can hold your head high and not stick it in the sand (like you would with a Stoger or some Russian gun)? YES

Too many armchair warriors giving opinions without ever owning/ using one (Paradus O/U in 20 ga)? Definitely YES

Do yourself a favour and if you are interested in the Paradus 20 ga O/u handle one and compare it to the other lower priced O/U. You will find it very nice and identical to the higher priced Yildiz/ TriStars and much nicer than the Stogers, Russians etc.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:23 PM

Always nice to get first hand reports on firearms. Was looking for an o/u in 20 or 12 guage that wasn't going to be over a $1000 your review helps. Only casually shoot and hunt with shotguns so it sounds about right. Thanks
Old 03-30-2017, 08:51 PM

two of my teenage boys each bought a pardus pump action 12 gauge this winter when they were 70% off. I think they each spent about $150 each.

Do they go boom? yah…

Are they built to last a lifetime? no way…

It's what they could afford and with the knowledge that these are not "forever" guns. Great looking gun to go shoot some paper, clay pigeons and the odd grouse…