Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-27-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
Obamacare will break America. No one has to attack America. It will implode from within. 3.2 Trillion annually. $10,000.00/person. America will not grow. No disposable income to spend.
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/i...tion-as-usual/
My friend in texas healthcare premium was just over $4,000 per year under private insurance, It went to over $10,000 a year under Obama care for a single person no dependants. The less money you make the less it costs, those on welfare pay very little if anything. Similar to Canada. On the other hand it seems like many people think public healthcare is free in Canada or it somehow costs less than US. Average family in Canada pays nearly $12,000 a year for healthcare. It`s not free, the gov't takes it out of our pockets and off our paycheques in the form of taxes, then infers it is free, people believe it.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/true-co...port-1.2525114
Old 03-27-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
My friend in texas healthcare premium was just over $4,000 per year under private insurance, It went to over $10,000 a year under Obama care for a single person no dependants. The less money you make the less it costs, those on welfare pay very little if anything. Similar to Canada. On the other hand it seems like many people think public healthcare is free in Canada or it somehow costs less than US. Average family in Canada pays nearly $12,000 a year for healthcare. It`s not free, the gov't takes it out of our pockets and off our paycheques in the form of taxes, then infers it is free, people believe it.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/true-co...port-1.2525114
So you would rather go to the US system?
Old 03-27-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
So you would rather go to the US system?
Saying our Canadian healthcare is not free, I don't know why people keep saying it is.

Also saying Obama care for a lot of people in the US is worse than what they had before, the media seems to ignore that part.

Either way, pay out of pocket US style or pay out of pocket Canadian taxation style, our healthcare in both countries is beyond what we/they can afford and we are both going broke and further into deficit and debt trying to keep it going. What I don't like is the growing percentage of our healthcare dollars not getting to actual healthcare but being wasted on an inefficient bureaucracy of governments who administer the system. Both the Canadian and US systems are dysfunctional and getting worse. On the other hand the publics expectations and demands for quality of care is becoming unrealistic. Its a catch 22 situation, we want better healthcare but we can't afford it. I can see a rude awakening regarding public healthcare coming in the next few decades and it wont be pleasant.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:40 PM

Double Posted somehow.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Saying our Canadian healthcare is not free, I don't know why people keep saying it is.

Also saying Obama care for a lot of people in the US is worse than what they had before, the media seems to ignore that part.

Either way, pay out of pocket US style or pay out of pocket Canadian taxation style, our healthcare in both countries is beyond what we/they can afford and we are both going broke and further into deficit and debt trying to keep it going. What I don't like is the growing percentage of our healthcare dollars not getting to actual healthcare but being wasted on an inefficient bureaucracy of governments who administer the system. Both the Canadian and US systems are dysfunctional and getting worse. On the other hand the publics expectations and demands for quality of care is becoming unrealistic. Its a catch 22 situation, we want better healthcare but we can't afford it. I can see a rude awakening regarding public healthcare coming in the next few decades and it wont be pleasant.
It will happen sooner than a few decades. We're talking few years from now. Boomers retiring, needing increased healthcare services, Pensions kitty depleteing fast, low interest rates not being able to replenish kitty. Low interest to hold government spending in cheque. This is all western nations. Something soon is going to happen to light this Bomb. If you have government bonds. Sell asap.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think there is anything free in this world including freedom.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
It will happen sooner than a few decades. We're talking few years from now. Boomers retiring, needing increased healthcare services, Pensions kitty depleteing fast, low interest rates not being able to replenish kitty. Low interest to hold government spending in cheque. This is all western nations. Something soon is going to happen to light this Bomb. If you have government bonds. Sell asap.
Well stated, as there is no safety stop. Anyone mid forties and younger will likely see very little of what they pay into pension from the gov't. My opinion.

The baby boom is now busting.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:41 PM

Quote:

I do not disagree with you very much. I just like our system better. I think our system will collapse as well. I remember a time in my youth when my father would call a doctor for me or my sister. Before the doctor left my dad would say “Thanks Doc, how much do I owe you” Then my father would open his wallet and pay.
Not too long after that visits to the doctor were paid. At the time I never was concerned how much, just as long as it was paid. I should have found out, because then I may have found out that doc may have billed for more because he could and I would not complain.
I think that the medical system might be like the dental system. The first time I got a quote on some needed major repair I was shocked at the quote, but my dentist told me not to worry because my excellent company dental plan would pay all but a small bit. I was relieved but I should have told him the quote was unreasonable. Now that I now longer have deluxe company insurance I can not afford to pay for all but the basic. There is no way on God's green earth that dental work should cost more that a Sako Rifle. I think that doctors, dentists, big pharma, the government and many more are all doing well because of mega inflated prices on just about everything.
I think our whole system is fubar but till they erase the board and start over I have no problem with someone with no money in his pocket having his medical needs taken care of because I have paid more than enough taxes.
Now that we are this deep in the muck, I like our system better and would rather my tax dollar pay than no one pay.