Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 11-21-2014, 11:26 PM
Banned

Default Coyote Autopsy

Well, I skinned the infamous coyote today and it wasn't too hard to figure out what had happened to it. Along with the visible missing body part that was sheared off, and the bald spot on it's butt (roadrash?), there was also very visible trauma to most of it's body. There is little doubt in my mind that it was hit by a car or truck.....or, it's the unluckiest coyote ever and there were a sequence of events that happened to it.

With that, I would like to return the "dumbest post on AO by a so called "trapper"" the rightful owner, the individual that made that remark.....he knows who he is. It was well earned and and you deserve it.

Do you want pictures? Not a fricken chance!
Old 11-21-2014, 11:31 PM

I really must have missed a good pic or story here Dave. Not sure if I want to know the details or not it makes me scared to share anything
Old 11-21-2014, 11:47 PM
Banned

It had to do with a picture of a coyote that I snared that had a paw missing on one leg. Initially I thought that it was at the joint but I later saw that it was sheared, as in cleanly cut off, between the paw joint and the ankle joint......cleanly cut through the skin and bones. A couple of guys had knee jerk reactions (IMO) and took exception to me posting it and made some rather "special" remarks in my direction. I decided to ask the mods to delete the thread which they did.

Before asking to delete the thread, I copied my rebuttal post up on "That Thread" which has since been cleaned up and locked. I have no idea what was posted or how many posts were deleted because I was out in the skinning shed when all of that happened.

If the individuals involved had have simply stated that they took exception to the thread and said that they thought that it wasn't appropriate it probably wouldn't have caused a stir and that'd be the end of it. Unfortunately, they chose to be ignorant about it and that kind of thing doesn't go over too well with me.

Anyway, I had my say and the individuals involved had theirs. In a way, it was good that it happened because the true colours of a couple of guys was an eye opener.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
It had to do with a picture of a coyote that I snared that had a paw missing on one leg. Initially I thought that it was at the joint but I later saw that it was sheared, as in cleanly cut off, between the paw joint and the ankle joint......cleanly cut through the skin and bones. A couple of guys had knee jerk reactions (IMO) and took exception to me posting it and made some rather "special" remarks in my direction. I decided to ask the mods to delete the thread which they did.

Before asking to delete the thread, I copied my rebuttal post up on "That Thread" which has since been cleaned up and locked. I have no idea what was posted or how many posts were deleted because I was out in the skinning shed when all of that happened.

If the individuals involved had have simply stated that they took exception to the thread and said that they thought that it wasn't appropriate it probably wouldn't have caused a stir and that'd be the end of it. Unfortunately, they chose to be ignorant about it and that kind of thing doesn't go over too well with me.

Anyway, I had my say and the individuals involved had theirs. In a way, it was good that it happened because the true colours of a couple of guys was an eye opener.
Yup true color of one guy was sure a eye opener.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:59 AM

went through a hay bine with crimpers backed off or blocked open will work to swath lodged crop or some guys cut green feed that way. would beat the hell out of him and leave a very clean cut on anything it cut off