Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 10-18-2019, 02:44 PM

Default Peak Vice

Looking at getting into tying and Cabela's has the Peak vices on sale. The rotary and non-rotary. First is the Peak a good vice, seems to get high ratings but what are ratings online worth these days.... Is the rotary worth the extra cost? Is a used vice worth it, I am assuming they can wear out. I know that used is a way to get alot of stuff all at once at I am assuming a good price but do I need all that?
Old 10-19-2019, 10:15 AM

Default Peak Vice

I have a Peak Vice-Pedestal Mount that I purchased last Fall. It is an excellent Product, high quality and is the best I have owned in 50 Years of Tying. I also own a Renzetti but prefer the Peak.. I have tied Flies form size 0 to 22..No complaints at all. It was cheaper than my Renzetti, but has really become my favorite. Purchase recommended.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:53 PM

Default Vice

Best I’ve ever had!
Does what ever you want!
Sst
Old 10-20-2019, 08:14 AM

Great vice, although I don't own the vice, I tied on it may time doing fly tying demonstrations at shops. Wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations
Old 10-20-2019, 09:16 AM

I bought a Regal Rotary vise last year. Pricey but well worth it.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flyguy View Post
I bought a Regal Rotary vise last year. Pricey but well worth it.
Tied commercially on a Regal for 20 years, another great tool.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations
Old 10-20-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiebobbie View Post
Looking at getting into tying and Cabela's has the Peak vices on sale. The rotary and non-rotary. First is the Peak a good vice, seems to get high ratings but what are ratings online worth these days.... Is the rotary worth the extra cost? Is a used vice worth it, I am assuming they can wear out. I know that used is a way to get alot of stuff all at once at I am assuming a good price but do I need all that?
Are you tying already? If not I have a deal for you. I have a Sunrise Super AA Vise Black, quite a few little bags of hackle ( never opened), some black thread some bags of hooks (different sizes) and a few other parts. Had full intention of tying but never got into it. Tied about six and that was my experience. I did catch some fish. This could be all yours for the price off ZERO $$$$. I can take a pick with my phone and show you what you get for free, it's a good starter for sure. Also have some cement. It has only been used for 6 fly's. Basically new. I'm in Calgary. I would gladly do this for another Outdoorsman enthusiast. Oh ya comes with a starter booklet for how to tie flies. If not I'm sure someone else will take.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:52 AM

Well that is hard to beat, thanks for the offer. I am in Red Deer. It would likely be a good starting place. Get something to start with and then move on if I get into it more. I'll think on it and if i want to come to calgary to get it.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:53 PM

Sorry robbiebobbie but some nice fellow AOL member come and got it. I hope he can put it to some good use.