Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-29-2022, 10:06 AM

Default The insanity that is the US

Hard to argue against gun control with idiots like this on the loose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y-qwE_0Ig0

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 10-29-2022, 10:37 AM

Unreal! Lock them up for along time!
Old 10-29-2022, 02:10 PM

Yea, they aren't even in the same ballpark as some, thankfully!

Iran, Iraq, China, Russia....
Old 10-29-2022, 03:22 PM

People are nuts. Although, what the sheriff said there about “you do not search people out to shoot them”, was proven to be legal in numerous cases in court down there. Which is also nuts. But now the criminals there can also legally buy firearms to protect themselves. Go figure.

Also, 73-year old with his 15-year old son. Lol.
Old 10-29-2022, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
People are nuts. Although, what the sheriff said there about “you do not search people out to shoot them”, was proven to be legal in numerous cases in court down there. Which is also nuts. But now the criminals there can also legally buy firearms to protect themselves. Go figure.

Ya that can't be good!
Old 10-29-2022, 06:55 PM

Why can the cops do press conferences like that in canada
Old 10-29-2022, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post

The whole thing is messed up. That poor woman. But when did it become legal for felons to buy guns in Florida, regardless of reason. I can't find anything online
Old 10-29-2022, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
The whole thing is messed up. That poor woman. But when did it become legal for felons to buy guns in Florida, regardless of reason. I can't find anything online
I posted in the Random Posts Thread a month ago: http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showp...&postcount=514
Old 10-30-2022, 07:17 PM

Woke policing is put on notice:Prime Minister Rishi Sunak plans to crack down on "woke" policing, pushing authorities to be "fighting actual crime in people’s neighbourhoods, and not policing bad jokes on Twitter."
Sunak's government hopes to emulate the efforts of Stephen Watson, chief of the Greater Manchester Police, who has successfully rehabilitated two police departments in recent years, according to The Telegraph. Watson reportedly implemented a policy requiring officers to go out on patrol more often and demanding that every crime lead be investigated.
"We want to get officers on to the front line doing what they are supposed to do which is preventing and solving crime.
https://www.foxnews.com/world/rishi-...al-media-posts
There's a glimmer of hope in Britain.
Old 10-30-2022, 10:41 PM

I believe stupid is everywhere and no one country holds sole possession of it…
Old 10-30-2022, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
I believe stupid is everywhere and no one country holds sole possession of it…
Exactly! We have our own share of nutcases right here in Canada.
Old 10-31-2022, 10:51 AM

Glad I don't live there - sad to see so many people here want Alberta to be more like the USA.
Old 10-31-2022, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaerzen View Post
Glad I don't live there - sad to see so many people here want Alberta to be more like the USA.
I would rather have Alberta be more like Montana, rather than Vancouver, or Toronto.
Old 10-31-2022, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I would rather have Alberta be more like Montana, rather than Vancouver, or Toronto.
X2
Or Texas
Old 11-01-2022, 01:06 AM
Banned

Truly Insanity at its Peak.
Old 11-01-2022, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC1 View Post
X2
Or Texas
Funny thing- we just came back from visiting Dallas and area. After being the for 6 days, I can tell you that I havnt seen a single open carry gun there! Not a single person carrying a firearm. Lots of California license plates thou…
Old 11-01-2022, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Funny thing- we just came back from visiting Dallas and area. After being the for 6 days, I can tell you that I havnt seen a single open carry gun there! Not a single person carrying a firearm. Lots of California license plates thou…
To be fair, Dallas is fairly liberal.
Old 11-01-2022, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
I spent 14 days in Texas, all over Texas and never saw a single open carry. Noticed lots of bulges for concealed carry, I assumed, but not open carry.
Old 11-01-2022, 10:46 PM

I love sharing this story, I think if defines the avg Americans knowledge base which is why they’re in the state they’re in right now and that’s messed up.

I went to Cheyenne Frontier Days four years ago on our way to watch some baseball in Denver. I went to the rodeo and decided a beer would be perfect. I went to the beer booth and not one single adult working there was willing to sell me a beer, after all Saskatchewan had to be a made up place and my I.d must be fake. So I went to another booth, same story. No beer for me, I was 43.

I enjoyed taking my kids road tripping down there when they were young, there are a lot of cool things to see and do. But man alive the absolute stupidity I’d run into in regards to knowledge about anything not “Mercia and military” was absolutely mind boggling, in every damn state we visited. I can totally understand why the extreme knuckleheads on the far right and far left believe everything they’re told, they’re stupid.

Last edited by Rvsask; 11-01-2022 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-01-2022, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvsask View Post
I love sharing this story, I think if defines the avg Americans knowledge base which is why they’re in the state they’re in right now and that’s messed up.

I went to Cheyenne Frontier Days four years ago on our way to watch some baseball in Denver. I went to the rodeo and decided a beer would be perfect. I went to the beer booth and not one single adult working there was willing to sell me a beer, after all Saskatchewan had to be a made up place and my I.d must be fake. So I went to another booth, same story. No beer for me, I was 43.

I enjoyed taking my kids road tripping down there when they were young, there are a lot of cool things to see and do. But man alive the absolute stupidity I’d run into in regards to knowledge about anything not “Mercia and military” was absolutely mind boggling, in every damn state we visited. I can totally understand why the extreme knuckleheads on the far right and far left believe everything they’re told, they’re stupid.
I have met a few Americans that were that messed up, but I met a few Canadians that were every bit as clueless. I can remember when I was in grade school in Saskatchewan, and they closed the last of the country schools, and the students came to our school. There were 16 year olds in grade 6 that were totally clueless , and knew nothing about the world. Then when I went to the oilsands to work, I met some people from certain parts of Canada, that were every bit as clueless. It's not an American or Canadian thing, if people are from certain areas, especially isolated areas, they often don't get much of an education , and they can be pretty clueless about anything that doesn't happen in their community.
Old 11-01-2022, 11:48 PM

how many idiots in this country voted for Turdo....that tells you the state of this country!!!
Old 11-02-2022, 09:10 AM

Ford is the most knowledgeable American, he gets his Canada training on AO.
Old 11-02-2022, 09:23 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-02-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Ford is the most knowledgeable American, he gets his Canada training on AO.
You know I was born in Canada and lived there through 1st year of university right??
Old 11-02-2022, 12:27 PM

Quote:
You know I was born in Canada and lived there through 1st year of university right??
Oh common man, that was really funny! And it wasn’t by any means meant to offend you, I’m pretty sure about that.
Old 11-02-2022, 02:30 PM

Halloween Appl….BANG. BANG.BANG.BANG…

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna27482694

ITS CRAZY ALL OVER THE PLACE and this isn’t the first child shot trick or treating in the US.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-02-2022, 09:08 PM

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned DePape yet… oh wait…lol
Old 11-02-2022, 09:53 PM

Quote:
I’m surprised nobody has mentioned DePape yet… oh wait…lol
Yes Stupidity is an equal opportunity condition, it does not respect borders.It doesn’t even respect education. Lots of well educated people are stupid, some leaders of nations are stupid !
Old 11-02-2022, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvsask View Post

I wouldn't say "stupid", ignorant maybe. I've used my BC and Alberta ID all over the US, maybe it's just a Saskatchewan thing, lol.
Old 11-03-2022, 08:41 AM

Some of the kindest, hard-working, intelligent people I've met are in the southern USA. I used to do a lot of work with salt-of-the earth people in small-town USA. People who would give you the shirt off their back if you needed help.

I've also lived in major US cities and yeah, it can be rough. But Canadian big cities are rough too.

I think many of the people (not all) who wring their hands and complain about the USA and guns etc. have never really spent quality time with the people there. It's just popular (and easy) to say, "I'm so thankful we are not like the USA..."