Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-05-2017, 02:19 PM

Default Bass Fishing In Florida

I have just recently gotten back from florida a couple of weeks ago. I was there on a wish from childrens wish that was granted to me to go and fish one of the most well know lake in florida. I fished lake toho it was THE BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. We went there on a new moon and (it was a tuesday by the way) and the fishing was awesome me and my family got to the marina at 6:30 am to fish for 8 hours. The was the best 8 hours i have ever done the bait we were using was a golden shiner that most of them ranged from 9 to 12 inchs. (that is a size of a jumbo perch!!). We started off the morning and caught a couple of two pounds. I would say around 10 am that is when the big girls came out to play. This when i caught the big bass of the day. The bass was pushing up a bunch of small bait fish. My captain told me to throw the bait in to that bait ball and then she hit hard. When i set that hook it was crazy she wanted to go right back into the weeds and i was giving it all i got and finally i landed her. She weighed well over 4 pounds. it was crazy how fat she was it was awesome. We also caught some nice alligator gar and a few chained pickeral. That was my favourite trip i have done so far in my life. I hope there is another trip for me like this in the furture.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:38 PM

I'm glad you had the opportunity to go on a dream fishing trip.
Good job on catching a big ol bucket mouth.
Hope there are many more dream fishing trips in your future.
Old 05-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Banned

I love large mouth bass fishing in Florida!

My mother lived in a gated community for years with a small man made lake in it. Caught many large mouth bass over 5 lbs, several over 8 using shiners and a bobber.

The piers are awesome to fish off of too. Have caught all kinds of species off of the pier at Deerfield beach. But the thing I really enjoy is going to Key West and fishing for Tarpon, Grouper and Sharks. Hopefully I will live there for 6 months of the year in the near future

Congrats on a fun bass fishing adventure, I am jealous lol!
Old 05-05-2017, 07:49 PM

So much fun. Next time you're down go to miami and catch some peacock bass in the canals. Truly incredible.