Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 11-21-2011, 05:54 PM

Default fisher prices?

Trapped a nice fisher today and was kinda wondering what they are worth? Most of the fishers i have trapped in the past were pretty much black with a little bit of brown on them this one is a very light brown with grey at the front and fadesoff to jet black at the rear end. What gets the best price darker or lighter? Never trapped one this light before.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:31 PM

Pittures are much gooder better way...
Old 11-22-2011, 06:33 PM

pictures plz
Old 11-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Banned

Google up NAFA or Fur Harvertors and see what they sold for ar the last sale. Then you can check the previous sale to that one and find different prices...so you now have a choice, to pick your price....all furs depend a a lot of factors...If you've trapped and sold furs at auction you will know this or will soon find out. You won't get a a price for your fisher with a pic, just oo's and ahh's..
Females used to fetch a higher price but occasionally the males will beat them out but that is the exception.
In the case of an off color fur, with most critters, one can expect a lower price, being as they are harder to match.. In a lot of these cases, sometimes the taxidermists could be the one to talk to....if it is that unique..
Old 11-23-2011, 06:50 AM

Default Fishers

I sold 4 last year. I had a brown large male that was graded Select and got top lot at $92. Sold a female brown select for $94. The other 2 were large males that graded I and I-II these went for $68 and $45. That was the May/June sale and fisher did good. If you have a pale I would expect a little less.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:44 PM

Thanks for the info. Talked to a few other trappers that said the same thing lighter is better and that they are most likely females which this one was.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:50 PM

I recieved a top lot for a dark female last year - $120. Hopefully the price is good again as I have 3 more so far.