Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 07:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
Hahah. We still in grade school Kurt? You wanna fight me cause I upset you?

Since you know the whole story and know these men deserved to die, why don’t you fill us in. I’m against hunting out of season and night hunting (is that what they were doing?) but I don’t think it should equal a death sentence.

I’m going to wait until you give us more of the story to pass judgement on these two men. Until then RIP.

I’ll be by the monkey bars at recess Kurt. Come on out. :sHa_sarcastic lol:
I’m giving you the opportunity to contact me directly, you never miss a chance to take shots on the forum, I figured it would be in your best interest to be able to do it in person, I guess you prefer the keyboard.

I didn’t say anyone deserved to die, I said play stupid games and win stupid prizes. Playing with firearms in the dark is a stupid game, it puts lives in danger.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:13 AM

Where does it say they were night hunting??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2020, 07:35 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

No one knows nothing as to why this took place....and maybe we won't.

I know for sure we only get to know what someone wants us to know to hush the simpletons of life......

Aliens....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-30-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
After all the junk you posted and the mess the mods just had to clean up. You're back?
My thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I’m giving you the opportunity to contact me directly, you never miss a chance to take shots on the forum, I figured it would be in your best interest to be able to do it in person, I guess you prefer the keyboard.

I didn’t say anyone deserved to die, I said play stupid games and win stupid prizes. Playing with firearms in the dark is a stupid game, it puts lives in danger.
Actually Kurt you were more than clear with your thoughts on the fate of these two men...
Old 03-30-2020, 08:50 AM

As is the case with most threads of this nature there is a pile of speculation based of FB, all we really know is 2 men were found shot to death near their truck on a rural road, unless someone from on here was there and knows what happened ?????? it's all guessing and non facts.

More FB gossip

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:26 AM

Wow the news media is sure quiet about it. I watched Calgary CTV news this am and they never mentioned it.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:12 PM

I don't know the deceased but a couple of my friends do.
They say they were both real good guys and not the type to commit any crime.
They also think they were out hunting chickens.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:30 PM

This was my 8 year old daughters classmates father. Sad regardless of how the situation came to be.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:45 PM

Sad day for two families regardless of how or why it went down. My condolences to the families and the people who knew these souls.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:06 PM
Banned

Default LOng Drive for chickens?

Reading this thread it sounds like the dead were from the Nobleford area but drove to the Glendon area to hunt chickens? Seems like a long drive to hunt chickens.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Moose View Post
Reading this thread it sounds like the dead were from the Nobleford area but drove to the Glendon area to hunt chickens? Seems like a long drive to hunt chickens.
Both local to the area...the younger deceased lived in Nobleford for a while in the past IIRC.

Moose hunting at the time.

This happened 10 miles as the crow flies from where I am typing this.

I have known the elder deceased and family for 40+ years.

I also had the good fortune of breaking the news to the deceased persons younger siblings partner on saturday before they were contacted by the authorities.

No night hunting involved either.

Last edited by IR_mike; 03-30-2020 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:16 PM

small world, a number of folks here have a bit of a connection to the folks involved
Old 03-30-2020, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cement Bench View Post
small world, a number of folks here have a bit of a connection to the folks involved
Probably more than they realize. From talking hunting with Jake he was a member here but I never asked his username.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:45 AM
Banned

There is a lot of rural crime in that area and I’m sure that this played a huge factor in this tragedy.
Wrong place at the wrong time
Old 03-31-2020, 07:53 AM

Jake Sansom was married and had three children ages 8, 11 and 13. Cardinal had five grandchildren and three stepchildren. Mike Sansom said his brother didn’t have much money left for groceries while he waited for the government’s financial reliefs to kick in, so he and his uncle went hunting.

They opted to give a moose to one of Cardinal’s children on Friday evening, and they planned to go out again later to get a moose for Jake Sansom’s family.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/cri...kYP_6Vy2GEg63w
Old 03-31-2020, 08:09 AM

Something more to this story. Don't know what and maybe we never will, but I have problems believing somebody shot two people for absolutely no reason. Police are looking for information, dash cam footage between 8 PM and 4 AM. Not really hunting hours. Mistaken identity? Mistaken for thieves? Old grudge? There is more to it than what is currently known.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbo View Post
Something more to this story. Don't know what and maybe we never will, but I have problems believing somebody shot two people for absolutely no reason. Police are looking for information, dash cam footage between 8 PM and 4 AM. Not really hunting hours. Mistaken identity? Mistaken for thieves? Old grudge? There is more to it than what is currently known.
yup.....

Old 03-31-2020, 08:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbo View Post
Our farm isnt too far from there and its been broken into at least 10 times
Trucks driven through doors of barns
Trucks ripping doors off of shops
House cleaned out and destroyed

I dont know what I would do if i seen 2 guys in the middle of the night sneaking around where they shouldnt be, with rifles.

To me, this would have never happened if they took the rural crime epidemic seriously and actually punished the ones that were committing the crimes.
Time to get rid of the preferential treatment of certain groups of people. The wrong ones are paying the price for the revolving door judicial system
Old 03-31-2020, 08:32 AM

that really sucks...man I would have the perimeter rigged up to inflict huge amounts of bodily harm to any unwanted guests....oh wait cant do that trespassers have rights...

Old 03-31-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post

I dont know what I would do if i seen 2 guys in the middle of the night sneaking around where they shouldnt be, with rifles.

To me, this would have never happened if they took the rural crime epidemic seriously and actually punished the ones that were committing the crimes.
Time to get rid of the preferential treatment of certain groups of people. The wrong ones are paying the price for the revolving door judicial system
With the rural crime situation the way it is, it is even possible that these two were shot by thieves that saw two armed people coming, and assumed that they were coming after them. Pretty much anything is possible, and we may never know what really happened.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:43 AM

Sorry to hear of this. As an outsider here I see crime mentioned in a lot of situations...
I have to ask, with all the crime related events ( this may or may not be one ) where are the criminals marketing their booty and who are the primary buyers?
What market makes all this happen?
Condolences to the families left behind.

Osky
Old 03-31-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
that really sucks...man I would have the perimeter rigged up to inflict huge amounts of bodily harm to any unwanted guests....oh wait cant do that trespassers have rights...
Both of these comments are right on the money! Too bad nobody is listening. With the current financial situation, these issues will no doubt get much worse very shortly! Only in canada.......pity!

Sorry to hear you have been broken into so much Mark. Wish I had a solution for you. Writing to politicians (especially my good friend the turd) is a complete waste of time.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:34 AM

The most important fact to this so far is it’s all been speculation and assumptions.
Out of respect I’ll wait.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:36 AM

From nobleford to glendon 1 way is roughly 600km. How can someone who is subsistence hunting and “low on cash” justify driving that far for meat. Call me crazy but that fuel money would buy a fair amount of food. Something seems very fishy.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:

It has to come to a head at some point, people are only willing to take so much. The revolving door of the justice system is THE problem.

Grizz
Old 03-31-2020, 09:44 AM
Banned

$200 fuel.
400lbs of meat.
Cheaper than Safeway.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
From nobleford to glendon 1 way is roughly 600km. How can someone who is subsistence hunting and “low on cash” justify driving that far for meat. Call me crazy but that fuel money would buy a fair amount of food. Something seems very fishy.
Ive read nobleford and also that they were local to the area of the incident. Cant trust the media to tell a story when all they care about is selling clicks.

Give it time the truth will come out.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:59 AM

Until we know what caliber bullets are in their bodies, can't speculate. Didn't it say they were hunting by Seibert Lake? up by Lac La Biche?
Old 03-31-2020, 10:08 AM

They may have just drove up on the wrong people who didn't want there faces seen. NO one here knows why this went down, so for the families it's best to keep you theories to yourself.

If you have pure concrete info then post it, if not then leave the dead be.

JD
Old 03-31-2020, 10:25 AM

Their ramily and friends may be on this forum.
How about we show respect to them by not speculating and wait until the story is released?
Closed Thread