Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-30-2020, 01:35 PM

Default Domo Gas

Anyone know who refines Domo gasoline in Western Canada?

Looking for a source for cheaper premium gas.

Still being charged 1.28 /liter for Premium Gas here!!
Old 03-30-2020, 07:30 PM

I don't know where you are, or whether you have been living in a hole lately, but gas is pretty cheap now. Premium was 75.9 today at costco in Calgary.

I believe domo gets it's fuel from Imperial. but I can't be sure. Generally the fuels are extremely similar, the additives and amount of each additive changes with the customer.
For instance, the city of calgary, chevron, co-op, shell, and others get their fuel from Shell branded terminals.

Any particular reason you ask about Domo in particular?
Flanny
Old 03-30-2020, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanny View Post
I don't know where you are, or whether you have been living in a hole lately, but gas is pretty cheap now. Premium was 75.9 today at costco in Calgary.

I believe domo gets it's fuel from Imperial. but I can't be sure. Generally the fuels are extremely similar, the additives and amount of each additive changes with the customer.
For instance, the city of calgary, chevron, co-op, shell, and others get their fuel from Shell branded terminals.

Any particular reason you ask about Domo in particular?
Flanny
Domo gets fuel at the cheapest rack price, which for them is typically Esso. But you're just as likely to get fuel refined by suncor or shell. The only additive they use is DCL, same as co-op, Safeway, Canadian tire, Fas gas, etc.

Keep in mind Domo regular sourced from the Edmonton loading facilities will be ethanol blended. Premium is not.

Colin
Old 03-30-2020, 09:29 PM

$1.28 seems high for n. Sask. I just filled my truck with premium the other day in Calgary for .799

Out in Sparwood right now. Regular at the Husky is still $1.09.

Colin
Old 03-30-2020, 09:31 PM

Filled up today at Domo in Edmonton, $0,559 after 0,04 rebate... I think last time I paid that price for gas was at least 20 years ago....
Old 03-30-2020, 09:55 PM

Domo give me Vodka in my Clamato. Domo
Old 03-30-2020, 10:10 PM

I need premium without ethanol, don't trust Coop anymore since lockout and replacement workers...

Domo gas is cheaper than Esso.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 mag View Post
I need premium without ethanol, don't trust Coop anymore since lockout and replacement workers...

The only stations that should ever have ethanol in their premium fuel are Husky and petrocan. Any petrocan that sells Ultra 94 will have Ethanol.

Colin
Old 03-31-2020, 06:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by colroggal View Post
The only stations that should ever have ethanol in their premium fuel are Husky and petrocan. Any petrocan that sells Ultra 94 will have Ethanol.

Colin
I had to get some premium gas a few weeks back & the only place that normally had it in Westlock was Shell.
Reading the message on their new pumps it says it may contain 5% now.

You do know you can pull the Ethanol out of gas ?
Watched a video of how .....I'll see if I can find it.

One of many: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onCG7mIprfE

Last edited by Reeves1; 03-31-2020 at 06:17 AM.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves1 View Post
I had to get some premium gas a few weeks back & the only place that normally had it in Westlock was Shell.
Reading the message on their new pumps it says it may contain 5% now.

You do know you can pull the Ethanol out of gas ?
Watched a video of how .....I'll see if I can find it.

One of many: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onCG7mIprfE
Lol sorry when you pull ethanol out of gas you pull octane out as well.

That's what happens when water meets ethanol Gas.....enough water and it will phase seperate and ethanol and water sludge will sit in bottom of tank.

Low octane = detonation in 2 stroke motor.

I run 91 premium non ethanol..... religiously regardless of cost....NEVER put ethanol into a 2 stroke, especially a snowmobile...
Old 03-31-2020, 06:43 AM

In the video he says he adds octane booster....

I'm good for gas this year for my small engines.
I have 2 year old VP C111 I'll use & get new fuel for my car.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:28 AM

Quote:

Seriously, those little replacement workers just sneaking ethanol in the gas....lol
Old 03-31-2020, 07:37 AM
Banned

Quote:

I have a Tuned truck and have been running Shell 91 for 4 years. Sucks come hunting season in remote areas, but it is what it is. The rare rare time I will use Husky 94 and that’s only to top me up enough to make it to a Shell station. Any Ethanol fuels lower than Grade 94 and I’ll get engine knock. Shell 91 is #1 in my opinion, would like to see them bring an even higher grade of gas here
Old 03-31-2020, 10:19 AM

Just curious, what vehicle are you driving that requires premium? If it's been built in the last 15-20 years chances are the vehicle self regulates knocking and adjusts the gas mixture in the engine on the fly to have the engine run properly. Unless the owner's manual says specifically that premium is required or it's an older vehicle I'd be running regular in that thing.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:47 AM

I had a modified turbocharged Saab that sure wasn't happy the two times I put Domo premium into it
Old 03-31-2020, 10:56 AM

The Best additive ever added to gasoline is Ethanol. It replaced the tetraethyl lead previously used for octane which totally contaminated the country. Ethanol is 130 Research octane. Also never have a gas line freezing in winter. PS Also farmers get benefit of growing grain to manufacture the fuel.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
The Best additive ever added to gasoline is Ethanol. It replaced the tetraethyl lead previously used for octane which totally contaminated the country. Ethanol is 130 Research octane. Also never have a gas line freezing in winter. PS Also farmers get benefit of growing grain to manufacture the fuel.
Really?

Maybe for 4 stroke but it's certain death for 2 stroke motors....
Old 04-01-2020, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gevarm guy View Post
Seriously, those little replacement workers just sneaking ethanol in the gas....lol
I don't believe in SCABs taking someone else's job and how can you trust a Refinery to make a quality product when all the experienced workers are locked out ... no thanks.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:29 AM

Watch out!
Those scabs are gonna get ya...
Old 04-01-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
Domo give me Vodka in my Clamato. Domo
I think I got that.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
I don't believe in SCABs taking someone else's job and how can you trust a Refinery to make a quality product when all the experienced workers are locked out ... no thanks.
yes well I don't believe in workers telling a business how to run their business, if you don't like it, there's the door or go start your own damn business.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:13 AM

Quote:
the problem is , ethanol likes water (makes a good gas line antifreeze) , so in small engines that sit for long periods of time between uses the ethanol can absorb water out of the atmosphere and eventual can cause starting and running problems . i started using only co op premium with no ethanol about 5 years ago in all my small engines and when i need them , they start and run .
Old 04-01-2020, 09:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gevarm guy View Post
yes well I don't believe in workers telling a business how to run their business, if you don't like it, there's the door or go start your own damn business.
I agree. We should replace all Canadian workers with 3rd worlders, they don’t complain and work for far far less, also dont demand safety procedures.

Don’t like it? Start your own company and compete on the open market.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:16 AM

You guys need to buy a few spark plugs and tune your engines sometimes. Then you would learn to love ethanol. I like it in All my engines and my rye.
PS will even kill Covid-19 when you drink it or wash your hands!
Old 04-01-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjohn87 View Post
I agree. We should replace all Canadian workers with 3rd worlders, they don’t complain and work for far far less, also dont demand safety procedures.

Don’t like it? Start your own company and compete on the open market.
That's exactly why many businesses move overseas, it's not just wages and operating costs, it's the headaches of the self entitled unionized workforce who think they can demand running the show.

You get one strike, and it disrupts all your clients. The same clients who pay the wages of those workers and keep the company afloat.

Companies (and I as a business owner if I where in their shoes) wouldn't ignore a gun being pointed at my head, time, after time, after time.

So …………… your comment may be a sarcastic response, but guess what, the irony is, you are 100% on target.

Unions get to entitled and want to run the show - guess what, it's time to "mitigate" the union. Sometimes that means showing them the door and other times it means moving your operation.

I have been in companies where we have done precisely that, for precisely those reasons …..
Old 04-01-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
You guys need to buy a few spark plugs and tune your engines sometimes. Then you would learn to love ethanol. I like it in All my engines and my rye.
its easier just to buy premium . but thanks for the tips on other uses !!!
Old 04-02-2020, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Ethanol is a pretty good solvent and it's DRY exactly what you want mixed with your oil and gas.....great dry is exactly what you want in a snowmachine @ 8200 rpm....

No offence but your an idiot if you use Ethanol Gas in a machine that says 91 non-Ethanol right on the gas cap?

It washes away the lubricants from pistons and bearings and causes your engine to run hotter....

The biggest problem however is detonation!
Old 04-02-2020, 08:22 AM

I would buy coop fuel but don't trust the product to be ethanol fuel or high quality when the workers that have been making it are not there.

And yes Coop workers are spoiled with their 1.5 million dollar indexed pensions.

How would you like it if they brought in 1 million Chinese to work in Alberta for $10/hour???
Old 04-02-2020, 08:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
That's exactly why many businesses move overseas, it's not just wages and operating costs, it's the headaches of the self entitled unionized workforce who think they can demand running the show.

You get one strike, and it disrupts all your clients. The same clients who pay the wages of those workers and keep the company afloat.

Companies (and I as a business owner if I where in their shoes) wouldn't ignore a gun being pointed at my head, time, after time, after time.

So …………… your comment may be a sarcastic response, but guess what, the irony is, you are 100% on target.

Unions get to entitled and want to run the show - guess what, it's time to "mitigate" the union. Sometimes that means showing them the door and other times it means moving your operation.

I have been in companies where we have done precisely that, for precisely those reasons …..
Statistically speaking Right to Work states all have higher deaths and lower wages then from when they were unionized states. We have seen every state that has gone RTW have their wages drop and work place incidents increase. Texas is a prime example, when they went RTW their average Jman rate plummeted, even today the average Jman wage in Texas is less than $30 an hour, which is a lot lower then other states who have far less wealth. How is this a win for the working man?

SPRINGFIELD, Mass - Jman rate $42.66
San Antonio, TX - Jman rate $28.60
Providence Rhode Island - Jman rate $40.40
Dallas/Fort worth, TX - Jman rate $30.65

Yeah, those damn Unions.

It is alarming how many Blue Collar people will ignore all the positives a Union brings and only focus on the negatives, while being angry that other workers are getting ahead.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
I would buy coop fuel but don't trust the product to be ethanol fuel or high quality when the workers that have been making it are not there.

And yes Coop workers are spoiled with their 1.5 million dollar indexed pensions.

How would you like it if they brought in 1 million Chinese to work in Alberta for $10/hour???
Most people here would be happy with that. Would teach them blue collar white boys a thing or two. To expect standards and proper wages is absurd and reeks of entitlement