Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Banned

how can i be wrong on numbers justin? the only numbers i have talked about are success rates. there have been several links throughout all of these threads showing that. if you are talking hunter number...i havent estimated any or linked to any studies showing what they might be. all anyone can do is guess...which really i havent done. and i wont simply because i have no idea.
bowhunt, it is ovvious where the greed lies. the anti xbow guys in thse threads have all shown a common theme. they want no new archers that could increase the archery harvest which could limit opportunities for the current bowhunting group. they are unwilling to share the season for what you guys keep saying will mean less opportunity for the group in place now.

lemme put this another way. this is hypothetical and a little far fetched, but hear it out. lets say gun control gets more ridiculous than it already is and for example a new tax came out that made a box of rifle shells cost 500 bucks, and like some european countries do now you would be forced to store your firearm at the cop shop. it is safe to assume that many people would give up on owning guns, but many of them would still like to hunt. then lets say that xbows are never accepted into archery season, but a whole new whack of vertical bowhunters are born. lets assume the number of new bowhunters is exactly the number of potential new xbow hunters that have been feared for 40 odd pages of discussion. if that played out and the numbers are what you say, would you have the same problem with the same number of new hunters if they all opted your weapon of choice? all things being the same for your argument, the same number of harvest increase and the same reaction of more draws etc.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
how can i be wrong on numbers justin? the only numbers i have talked about are success rates. there have been several links throughout all of these threads showing that. if you are talking hunter number...i havent estimated any or linked to any studies showing what they might be. all anyone can do is guess...which really i havent done. and i wont simply because i have no idea.
bowhunt, it is ovvious where the greed lies. the anti xbow guys in thse threads have all shown a common theme. they want no new archers that could increase the archery harvest which could limit opportunities for the current bowhunting group. they are unwilling to share the season for what you guys keep saying will mean less opportunity for the group in place now.

lemme put this another way. this is hypothetical and a little far fetched, but hear it out. lets say gun control gets more ridiculous than it already is and for example a new tax came out that made a box of rifle shells cost 500 bucks, and like some european countries do now you would be forced to store your firearm at the cop shop. it is safe to assume that many people would give up on owning guns, but many of them would still like to hunt. then lets say that xbows are never accepted into archery season, but a whole new whack of vertical bowhunters are born. lets assume the number of new bowhunters is exactly the number of potential new xbow hunters that have been feared for 40 odd pages of discussion. if that played out and the numbers are what you say, would you have the same problem with the same number of new hunters if they all opted your weapon of choice? all things being the same for your argument, the same number of harvest increase and the same reaction of more draws etc.
It has to do with harvest estimates from the gov that are 15% of archery tags get filled. so if 1000 people bought a bow tag 150 animals were killed.If it goes up even 50% to 1500 peole we would also see 15% kill ratio so it would be 225 dead deer.Same as your gun control no different. It would mean over harvest and a draw would be impleneted and wait swould jump by quite a bit.I would fight either of them It has nothing to do with a crssbow it is anything else that alows more animals to be killed to have tomake changes that effect what we know and love about hunting in Ab.Also with the proposed draw cahages we all would gre screwd. I dont like the sound of that do you? Know do you see what I am talking about with numbers? We dont know exact numbers be we know they will go up but a fair margin.