Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-08-2020, 11:32 AM

Angry Idiot pranks

just read about some ******* licking store products as part of a covid challenge on tik tik your a dick media. This SOB should have to pay for the produce and products tossed and all the costs associated. In addition he should receive max fine for stay at home violation (obviously they didn't need to be out) and 30 days locked up. This is totally unacceptable behavior in a time of health crisis.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brass410 View Post
just read about some ******* licking store products as part of a covid challenge on tik tik your a dick media. This SOB should have to pay for the produce and products tossed and all the costs associated. In addition he should receive max fine for stay at home violation (obviously they didn't need to be out) and 30 days locked up. This is totally unacceptable behavior in a time of health crisis.
What responsibility does the platform have, considering they are likely interested in profits over content?
Old 04-08-2020, 02:57 PM

Censorship issues....

I don't get the whole viral challenge thing. But a platform should be held responsible for what they are displaying. Similar to how we see CRTC ads for content on TV and if you object you can write/phone/email someone. Tic Tok/Facebook or whoever is allowing people to post content that is questionable and harmful or illegal should be held accountable for it. Start charging these platforms for broadcasting it. Facebook and YouTube are always taking stuff down because it "goes against their policies". Make them screen the videos before the get aired originally.

It might lead to censorship issues. But we are in times that censorship and adult decisions are happening around us.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Unreal. I know if I saw that I would probably be in jail for what I did to the loser.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:06 PM

Are we talking about this incident?

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:52 PM

Think maybe the US government could shut down that TIk Tok site. What a bunch of no minds
Old 04-08-2020, 03:59 PM

Put the little B#$%%D in a jail where he can do A LOT of licking.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:16 PM

Default idiot pranks

naw I don't blame the platform. Its the donkey doing the licking that I blame people don't feel they're accountable, they can always blame someone else, the forum perhaps or society.What I'm hoping to see if some would be daring enough to post a "catch a bullet with your teeth challenge" that will thin out the stupid in a hurry if we're lucky two at a time it doesn't have to be a one person challenge.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:45 PM

Quote:
naw I don't blame the platform. Its the donkey doing the licking that I blame people don't feel they're accountable, they can always blame someone else, the forum perhaps or society.
We hear that alot unfortunately, it's Player's fault I have cancer, McDonald's fault I'm obese, that violent computer games fault I went on a shooting spree, etc. Multiple variations of "it's someone else's fault".
Old 04-08-2020, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsalot View Post
Think maybe the US government could shut down that TIk Tok site. What a bunch of no minds
I’m not siding with the licker at all, but if we shut down a site every time someone did something idiotic or illegal on the internet........there'd be no internet.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsalot View Post
That is like banning cars because people are speeding
Old 04-08-2020, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Ok I got it. Maybe the owners could do better at seeing what is going on.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Or guns because someone got shot
Cat
Old 04-08-2020, 05:54 PM

Couple of people charged with terrorism in the US for similar behavior, that's the right approach.

Grizz
Old 04-08-2020, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Couple of people charged with terrorism in the US for similar behavior, that's the right approach.

Grizz
Let’s just approach this North Korea style and shoot them instead

Just because someone acts stupid doesn’t mean we should try to one up them with a irrationally stupid response to their actions

Starting to think Covid19 attacks people’s common sense
Old 04-08-2020, 07:21 PM

Well see how the police/courts handle this one. The guy in Texas who did it got 30 days in jail, with an additional 6 months probated for 2 years, a $1000 fine and $1565 in restitution. That was before the COVID crisis... I imagine if someone did that now especially as it was labeled a COVID challenge the repercussions would be greater! People need to grow up and realize their quest for fame get's innocent people hurt!
Old 04-08-2020, 07:44 PM
Banned

Can't fix stupid, but you can beat it senseless!