Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-08-2020, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Well aware of migrant workers in Canada thanks. Would you by chance be including the custom combining crews that come up from the stars every fall and do their loops? The Mexicans that come up annually to pick the Dunvegan area vegetables every year?

Farms get larger every year. The owners, unless they're Hutterite colonies, often don't have access to the manpower required to run all facets of them. Temporary foreign workers here and in the U.S. do much of the work permanent residents won't. That has minimal to zero effect on average wages when they're replacing...nobody.

The discussion only becomes political when someone suggests removing ALL unregistered foreign labor from the picture helps the economy, and as I suggested earlier, if you prefer to pay the kinds of wages where the regular workforce flocks to those opportunities, you won't be able to afford the end results.

You biggestt issue is when those foreign grunt workers have the audacity to stay yes?
You initially posted that low wages in the US was the result of Republican policies. My intent here is simply to provide more information. Low wages in the US are largely the result of a cheap source of labour (illegal immigrants). You seem intent to make this about other things. It isn't about the cost of vegetables or legal immigration. Nothing Bernie or Biden will ever do will make lives better for low wage employees. There is ample evidence now that the areas that increased minimum wages to $15/hr reduced hiring and hours. The effect on those the policies were meant to help was less employment not more salary. Similarly, their insistence on open borders will reduce wages, and make life more difficult for low income workers. Higher taxes will reduce hiring. Trump (regardless of your opinion of him) had reduced unemployment and increased wages (prior to COVID-19).
Old 04-08-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip-in-Z View Post
If Biden stays healthy, he'll win the Presidency, the majority of Americans have had enough of Trumps lies and BS.

Trump mishandled the US response to the virus and it will come back to take him out, if he doesn't get sick from it, he'll drop out before the election is over because he's afraid to be a looser!
Biden can’t stay healthy ,he is already mentally unwell.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:49 PM
Banned

It blows my mind to see so many hard core conservatives are against Donald Trump, but yet almost cried when Harper lost. Harper was no friend to Canada, to oil fields, to gun owners, he was just another politician that used fear to control you. And I'm not talking about people here, I don't know you personally. Trudeau is no friend to Canada, can't even watch his face on TV, he's going to finish what his father started in the 70's.

The day Trump got elected, the dems and MSM were talking impeachment and they tried everything to do it. That man took negativity and crap every day, every day of his presidency and still came out on top. He must thrive on it and I respect that, anyone else would have walked away. At 73 years of age, why is he doing this? Then all we heard about was Russia Russia Russia. That went down the tubes to the sound of laughter. Then it was Ukraine. Now it's China, they are an issue but the Dems and MSM are toting the Chinese propaganda. Trump is a racist! They are always looking for an enemy to keep people scared and compliant. The list is long.

If all you watch is MSM, then you're bound to hate trump cause all you're listening to is lies. Turn off your TV.

Now it's Corona. Trump closed the border to China back in January while the dems and MSM were crying to keep the borders wide open. Trump is racist!!! Pelosi was in a California Chinatown telling people not to be racist, it's all good here. Coumo was telling people in New York not to worry, feel free to take the subways. The homeless rate in Dem created sanctuary cities spreading corona. But yet, people either support it blindly, or agree with it - while they are hunkered down in their homes in fear.

Enter hydroxychloroquine, Trump says maybe it'll work, maybe it won't based on anectodal evidence. But it's a drug that's been on the market for years. The dems and MSM lost their collective marbles. One is calling for Trump to be put through the Hague for crimes against humanity. These people are crazy, and you want to be one of them? Going to join in on orange man bad?

Well, guess what, Hydroxychloroquine seems to be working, Trump and his team were right. A known drug that helps in Corona, it's already on the market, no need to wait for months or years for another to be developed. People worldwide are being treated now.

"Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatic disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, porphyria cutanea tarda, and Q fever, and certain types of malaria.[2] It is considered the first line treatment for systemic lupus erythematosus.[9] Certain types of malaria, resistant strains, and complicated cases require different or additional medication.[2]

Canadian politics is boring, that you have to admit.

Biden won't be your savior. He needs to be put into a home and be cared for.

And as a laughable side note. All the lefty so called journalists that were screaming for a recession to get rid of Trump? Well, they got it and now they are losing their jobs and they are screaming about that. Can't make this up, I love watching all this.

Last edited by Burro; 04-08-2020 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:00 PM

The US is screwed either way. Putin will have the last laugh here.

Grizz
Old 04-08-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burro View Post
It blows my mind to see so many hard core conservatives are against Donald Trump, but yet almost cried when Harper lost.
Didn’t Harper lose in 2015? You were here to see all the tears when that happened? Under what username at that time?
Old 04-08-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
It blows my mind to see so many hard core conservatives are against Donald Trump, but yet almost cried when Harper lost. Harper was no friend to Canada, to oil fields, to gun owners, he was just another politician that used fear to control you. And I'm not talking about people here, I don't know you personally. Trudeau is no friend to Canada, can't even watch his face on TV, he's going to finish what his father started in the 70's.

The day Trump got elected, the dems and MSM were talking impeachment and they tried everything to do it. That man took negativity and crap every day, every day of his presidency and still came out on top. He must thrive on it and I respect that, anyone else would have walked away. At 73 years of age, why is he doing this? Then all we heard about was Russia Russia Russia. That went down the tubes to the sound of laughter. Then it was Ukraine. Now it's China, they are an issue but the Dems and MSM are toting the Chinese propaganda. Trump is a racist! They are always looking for an enemy to keep people scared and compliant. The list is long.

If all you watch is MSM, then you're bound to hate trump cause all you're listening to is lies. Turn off your TV.

Now it's Corona. Trump closed the border to China back in January while the dems and MSM were crying to keep the borders wide open. Trump is racist!!! Pelosi was in a California Chinatown telling people not to be racist, it's all good here. Coumo was telling people in New York not to worry, feel free to take the subways. The homeless rate in Dem created sanctuary cities spreading corona. But yet, people either support it blindly, or agree with it - while they are hunkered down in their homes in fear.

Enter hydroxychloroquine, Trump says maybe it'll work, maybe it won't based on anectodal evidence. But it's a drug that's been on the market for years. The dems and MSM lost their collective marbles. One is calling for Trump to be put through the Hague for crimes against humanity. These people are crazy, and you want to be one of them? Going to join in on orange man bad?

Well, guess what, Hydroxychloroquine seems to be working, Trump and his team were right. A known drug that helps in Corona, it's already on the market, no need to wait for months or years for another to be developed. People worldwide are being treated now.

"Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatic disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, porphyria cutanea tarda, and Q fever, and certain types of malaria.[2] It is considered the first line treatment for systemic lupus erythematosus.[9] Certain types of malaria, resistant strains, and complicated cases require different or additional medication.[2]

And as a laughable side note. All the lefty so called journalists that were screaming for a recession to get rid of Trump? Well, they got it and now they are losing their jobs and they are screaming about that. Can't make this up, I love watching all this.
Appreciate your perspective. Fair enough and I do agree the dems are crazy hell bent on taking something bad and making it far worse, there is no doubt everything gets blown out of proportion there BUT the same is true of the conservative media. This is crazy town and the train tracks go in both directions. Trump's just an easy mark.

Either way - That doesn't change Trump or who he is, how he acts or what he says, and what he is and isn't. He's a polarizing figure.

I don't know what you mean by "hard core conservative" but I have to say that just because you are a conservative, why are we expected to support and like Trump?

In my case, I have never voted liberal in my life. Every vote I cast has been conservative, as the conservative platform in this country is the best match to my political and socio political views.

Having said that, there are two HUGE distinctions between here, and south of the border ……

1) We (Canada) almost never drag religion into mainstream (or at least front line) politics here - I don't believe in, nor am I in favor of, religion being any significant part of politics.

2) We (Canada) do not worry about health care (at least in the same ways as they do in US). I believe every person should have the right to have health care and shouldn't have to go broke if something happens to them that is health related.

so ……….. do those to things make me a liberal?

Does my lack of support for Trump make me a liberal?

I guess that's the part we always seem to get heated up here on the forum about - the minute you blindly don't follow Trump (and the garbage that comes with him) you are a liberal.

Makes no sense to me.

I really wish we had another option (a conservative option) south of the border.

Last edited by EZM; 04-08-2020 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:

Harper took crap everyday of his time in office and is still the whipping boy of the extremists running this country and their media puppets. He’s still the best leader we’ve had in my lifetime.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Appreciate your perspective. Fair enough and I do agree the dems are crazy hell bent on taking something bad and making it far worse, there is no doubt everything gets blown out of proportion there BUT the same is true of the conservative media. This is crazy town and the train tracks go in both directions. Trump's just an easy mark.

Either way - That doesn't change Trump or who he is, how he acts or what he says, and what he is and isn't. He's a polarizing figure.

I don't know what you mean by "hard core conservative" but I have to say that just because you are a conservative, why are we expected to support and like Trump?

In my case, I have never voted liberal in my life. Every vote I cast has been conservative, as the conservative platform in this country is the best match to my political and socio political views.

Having said that, there are two HUGE distinctions between here, and south of the border ……

1) We (Canada) almost never drag religion into mainstream (or at least front line) politics here - I don't believe in, nor am I in favor of, religion being any significant part of politics.

2) We (Canada) do not worry about health care (at least in the same ways as they do in US). I believe every person should have the right to have health care and shouldn't have to go broke if something happens to them that is health related.

so ……….. do those to things make me a liberal?

Does my lack of support for Trump make me a liberal?

I guess that's the part we always seem to get heated up here on the forum about - the minute you blindly don't follow Trump (and the garbage that comes with him) you are a liberal.

Makes no sense to me.

I really wish we had another option (a conservative option) south of the border.

Makes alot of sense to me. Ok, lets talk about our wonderful free health care in Canada. First of all, it's not free, the bloated bureaucracy is paid for by Canadians and run by politicians. What universal health care has done has created a dependence, a society full of hypochondriacs. PeopIe have no idea about self care and basic medicine anymore, yet, we have the world at our fingertips. I have quite a few family members in medicine, they see the same faces day in and day out. Can't kick them out, professional sick people. This alone creates huge waiting lists. Why don't they bring in a universal payment to see a doctor. If it's legitimate, then it's free. If you don't need to be at an ER because you have a fart jam or a cold, they you pay up. People in Canada are facing long waiting lists just to have tests. And people are dying waiting. What's the problem here? You tell me. Personally, prior to facing this ulcer issue, I haven't seen a doctor in 20 years cause I didn't need to. I could always help myself, but it's nice to know the system is there when I needed it, I didn't spend my life clogging it up.

Healthcare in 2019 cost some $264 billion dollars, $7000 per person.

In the USA, they have Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and veterans' medical care. That's about $1.1 trillion dollars spent yearly, over $10,000 per person. Nevermind the illegal immigration that the dems want full coverage for, what are all those freebies costing the government.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Harper took crap everyday of his time in office and is still the whipping boy of the extremists running this country and their media puppets. He’s still the best leader we’ve had in my lifetime.
Harper, vote for me or the Jihad will get you.

Give us a list of the GOOD things he did. 9 years in power, tell us his real track record. Really loved it when he destroyed the firearms act, oh wait. Wow, took some restrictions off firearms then tossed you aside. Next election maybe. Had the power to build a pipeline across Canada, but didn't have the balls to do it. Who do you want to blame?

Left, right, liberal, conservative, NDP, all the same. Why is Alberta in such bad shape? You blame voters in the east for electing politicians. Remember the Red Queen and how much damage she did? How is Kenny making out? Another washed up federal politician. Oh wait, wasn't the Red Queen the same? I'm still trying to figure out how Brian Jean got turfed.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Harper, vote for me or the Jihad will get you.

Give us a list of the GOOD things he did. 9 years in power, tell us his real track record. Really loved it when he destroyed the firearms act, oh wait. Wow, took some restrictions off firearms then tossed you aside. Next election maybe. Had the power to build a pipeline across Canada, but didn't have the balls to do it. Who do you want to blame?

Left, right, liberal, conservative, NDP, all the same. Why is Alberta in such bad shape? You blame voters in the east for electing politicians. Remember the Red Queen and how much damage she did? How is Kenny making out? Another washed up federal politician. Oh wait, wasn't the Red Queen the same? I'm still trying to figure out how Brian Jean got turfed.
You forgot Stelmach.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:00 PM

Didn’t Harper want to send soldiers so lucky we did not get involved in that mess. I think this pandemic shows who your true allies are Canada should try to be more independent of the US. Got give the liberals credit for not getting involved in that although can’t be right all the time when people lives are at stake mistakes are costly.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrit View Post
I think this pandemic shows who your true allies are Canada should try to be more independent of the US. Got give the liberals credit for not getting involved in that although can’t be right all the time when people lives are at stake mistakes are costly.
Exactly. Why are we so dependent on the USA? Why are we so dependent on China? People need to step back and start figuring all this out.

Canadian politics? This is how I see it. Each party chooses who to put out front. Who's the best speaker etc. Canadians don't elect the party leader.

Then it's the campaign. These leaders get up on their podiums, spew nothing but hope in the form of lies and the people cheer. One person gets elected and the country spends 4 years complaining about who got elected and how bad of a job they are doing.

Rinse and repeat. This is Canadian politics.

In the face of a pandemic "oh the government is going to save us!". Yeah, sure. Canadians are looking to Trudeau for hope? How do you think Harper would have handled all this?
Old 04-08-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Exactly. Why are we so dependent on the USA? Why are we so dependent on China? People need to step back and start figuring all this out.

Canadian politics? This is how I see it. Each party chooses who to put out front. Who's the best speaker etc. Canadians don't elect the party leader.

Then it's the campaign. These leaders get up on their podiums, spew nothing but hope in the form of lies and the people cheer. One person gets elected and the country spends 4 years complaining about who got elected and how bad of a job they are doing.

Rinse and repeat. This is Canadian politics.

In the face of a pandemic "oh the government is going to save us!". Yeah, sure. Canadians are looking to Trudeau for hope? How do you think Harper would have handled all this?

Obviously there is no one out there as capable of running things as you are. You should put your name in the hat for the the next election. You would be a shoe in.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Obviously there is no one out there as capable of running things as you are. You should put your name in the hat for the the next election. You would be a shoe in.
No thanks. Begs the question tho, do you think I'm incorruptible? Are you?

Once elected, do you really think these politicians care about joe public? Only when the next election comes around. We see the same old every 4 years, and then we see the same old for 4 years.

Isn't that the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result? Think about that. All you have is the vote, the ability to vote for one corrupt politician after another. And some people take that very seriously and all it does is give them the feeling of being able to complain about the leaders.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:08 PM

Easy to point out and complain about everything.

Not so easy to offer a comprehensive plan and execute that plan to address the same issues.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:19 PM

Quote:
No thanks. Begs the question tho, do you think I'm incorruptible? Are you?
Me incorruptible. ? Absolutely. You ? hmmm. Not so sure
Old 04-08-2020, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cement Bench View Post
if you would vote for Biden you really need you head examined

So True! Would vote for Turdeau!

Love to Live, Live to Shoot
Live by the Gun...Die by the Gun...
Old 04-08-2020, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Me incorruptible. ? Absolutely. You ? hmmm. Not so sure
We're all corruptible. Tell us honestly if you were in power and lobbyists tossed you a big bag of cash for something in return that you can hide offshore. You wouldn't take it?

I firmly believe many politicians are incorruptible at the start, big dreams of helping the country. That soon changes when you're surrounded by corruption. That's reality.

And getting back to the USA, Linda Tripp died today from pancreatic cancer. RIP.

Last edited by Burro; 04-08-2020 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Easy to point out and complain about everything.

Not so easy to offer a comprehensive plan and execute that plan to address the same issues.
Here's a plan. At least 20 million adults in Canada controlled, ruled and regulated by a few thousand politicians. What do you think needs to happen? And why will it never happen?

At what point do Canadians stand up and say enough is enough? I don't see it coming any time soon.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Here's a plan. At least 20 million adults in Canada controlled, ruled and regulated by a few thousand politicians. What do you think needs to happen? And why will it never happen?

At what point do Canadians stand up and say enough is enough? I don't see it coming any time soon.
As benevolent dictator my first act would be to cut the CBC loose. Cancel all subsidies to the press. Get rid of income tax altogether and replace it with 20% get. Build pipelines coast to coast. Put $50 barrel tax on foreign oil . Entrench firearms ownership rights into the constitution. Get rid of the Indian act . Build a wall at Roxom rd . End bilingualism and force everyone to talk with a Boston accent ( just because ) . And after that we’ll stand back and take another look at where to go next.

Of course I would need to get elected in. Canada first so I would promise free everything and boost CBC funds and unicorns and rainbows up front.

What do ya think.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:

That has to be the most obscure question, asking me for an solution and then asking me why that solution wouldn't work ?!?!

I guess it's not a solution then is it?

Are you suggesting we should not have elected legislators, government and laws?

I am considering trying drugs just to try and understand what you are trying to get at, or maybe you, yourself haven't a clue either .....

Is it just me? or does this seems like an overly aggressive troll type thread complaining about everything, everyone's responses, yet there is no substance to anything this guy says.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
That has to be the most obscure question, asking me for an solution and then asking me why that solution wouldn't work ?!?!

I am considering trying drugs just to try and understand what you are trying to get at, or maybe you, yourself haven't a clue either .....

Is it just me? or does this seems like an overly aggressive troll type thread complaining about everything, everyone's responses, yet there is no substance to anything this guy says

bingo
Old 04-08-2020, 07:07 PM

Wouldn't it be strange if Covid-19 took out every candidate??
Old 04-08-2020, 07:09 PM
Banned

Quote:

Is it just me? or does this seems like an overly aggressive troll type thread complaining about everything, everyone's responses, yet there is no substance to anything this guy says.
Government of, for and by the people. What a concept. As it stands, it's of, for and by those in power. They do what they want and we cow tow. They raise taxes, we complain but take it. What will it take?

Revolution. It's time for Canadians to take a stand and take the country back. I don't expect it's going to happen any time soon. We are sheep, constantly getting fleeced and taking it repeatedly.

That make it clearer? How would you organize that?

And by the way jungleboy, I like your post, everything in the right direction.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
As benevolent dictator my first act would be to cut the CBC loose. Cancel all subsidies to the press. Get rid of income tax altogether and replace it with 20% get. Build pipelines coast to coast. Put $50 barrel tax on foreign oil . Entrench firearms ownership rights into the constitution. Get rid of the Indian act . Build a wall at Roxom rd . End bilingualism and force everyone to talk with a Boston accent ( just because ) . And after that we’ll stand back and take another look at where to go next.

Of course I would need to get elected in. Canada first so I would promise free everything and boost CBC funds and unicorns and rainbows up front.

What do ya think.
Forgot two items: Quebec is always threatening divorce with them deciding if the marriage survives.....Who said the rest of Canada can't ALSO call for that same divorce........ Kick Quebec out of Confederation. And cancel our membership in the UN. Then you'd have the perfect platform.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:21 PM
Banned

Poor ol Biden. Holds a virtual town hall and says basically nothing.

Read the comments, most are watching out of morbid curiosity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndDeLIYVWkc

Any bets for his VP pick if he ends up being the dem candidate? Kamala Harris? Hillary Clinton?
Old 04-08-2020, 07:35 PM

Quote:

Any bets for his VP pick if he ends up being the dem candidate? Kamala Harris? Hillary Clinton?
Amy Klobuchar.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
Forgot two items: Quebec is always threatening divorce with them deciding if the marriage survives.....Who said the rest of Canada can't ALSO call for that same divorce........ Kick Quebec out of Confederation. And cancel our membership in the UN. Then you'd have the perfect platform.
That was my plan, by cancelling bilingualism .. they'll be gone in a week I think I'll bring you on as minister of "if you don't like it go to Russia"
Old 04-08-2020, 07:44 PM

Quote:

Lol. I saw that. That dude is a meathead and Trump is one dangerous president who really has lost the trust of the nation.
It won’t be Hillary as a sidekick
Old 04-08-2020, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsalot View Post
Lol. I saw that. That dude is a meathead. Trump is one dangerous president who really has lost the trust of the nation.
It won’t be Hillary as a sidekick
He would be silly enough to take her on as VP. Likely won't live long after but...