Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-05-2020, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
What EVIDENCE suggests Trump was speaking about and/or comparing a scarf to a cloth mask?

The question from the reporter itself was specific to 95 masks and there is absolutely no mention, from either the reporter or the president, or context to suggest a cloth mask not one word whatsoever ........... ????

I find it so stunning how many people jump in to defend, manipulate, mislead and fabricate facts to cover up the utter stupidity and reckless ignorance Trump exhibits everyday and seemly every time he opens his lying mouth.

Honestly, I don't care ....... question withdrawn ..... drink whatever juice you want and believe what you want ..... I respect your decision to do so, but I will not be having any juice today thank-you.
Did you actually listen to his speech, so you would have a better idea of the context of his answer?
Old 04-05-2020, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Did you actually listen to his speech, so you would have a better idea of the context of his answer?
Yes I did.

I watched it from beginning to end, like I do most days working from home in the afternoon.

I also should have added, the person speaking at 0:32 was the surgeon general.

It was clearly a different point in the conference and drawing a parallel between the two is a real stretch.

The reporter, as pointed out asked about N95 masks.

Trump answered that question.

That was 1 hour and 20 minutes later. Lot's went on between those two time stamps ..... did you watch it?
Old 04-05-2020, 07:01 PM

Trump never paid a convicted terrorist off......and he would not. Trudeau is a closet terrorist. I'm going with Trump.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Yes I did.

I watched it from beginning to end, like I do most days working from home in the afternoon.

I also should have added, the person speaking at 0:32 was the surgeon general.

It was clearly a different point in the conference and drawing a parallel between the two is a real stretch.

The reporter, as pointed out asked about N95 masks.

Trump answered that question.

That was 1 hour and 20 minutes later. Lot's went on between those two time stamps ..... did you watch it?
I did watch when he was talking about the cloth masks, and mentioned that a scarf could be even better. Then again, I am not obsessed with trying to pick apart anything Trump says or does.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
The press conference was roughly 2 hours in length.

The excerpt you present here as evidence happened roughly 32 minutes in. (see time stamp)

There was quite a bit covered over the next hour and many other issues discussed and different questions answered.

The reporter asked trump this question almost 80 minutes AFTER the piece you posted at roughly 1 hour 50 minutes into the press conference. (see time stamp)

That's a huge stretch to me. I know you can edit anything to make it sound like anything you want it to, but those time stamps illustrate my perspective.
If you watched the press confrence I find it hard to belive that you didn't notice that Jerome Adams was not in attendance
Read the first sentence in Trump's quote he mentions they are coming out with regulations.in regards to face coverings
The next day Jerome Adams anonces the regulations that he was referring to

Cheers

Last edited by stringer; 04-05-2020 at 07:35 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:14 PM

Trump the man I can't stand. His policies are undeniably good for Americans so by default Canadians & the rest of the globe also. I watched as much of today's speech as I could stand, switched over to BNN & watched the ticker get greener & greener.

The world pays attention when the buffoon speaks, because he has lead their country to peace & prosperity pre-Covid.

To call him low IQ is probably incorrect, he did attend a well-respected University and has amassed & increased a fortune. One would never get the lenders to allow you the financing if you really did not have the stuff.

As much as he loves the limelight in politics, in business he absolutely surrounded himself with real talent. There is just no way he is where he is if he didn't. To attract, motivate & retain that much quality staff speaks for itself.........

Trudeau, well......

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King

Last edited by roper1; 04-05-2020 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:21 PM
Banned

Default Trudeau

Is the son of a bi=polar hotel mattress
Old 04-05-2020, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
Trump the man I can't stand. His policies are undeniably good for Americans so by default Canadians & the rest of the globe also. I watched as much of today's speech as I could stand, switched over to BNN & watched the ticker get greener & greener.

The world pays attention when the buffoon speaks, because he has lead their country to peace & prosperity pre-Covid.

To call him low IQ is probably incorrect, he did attend a well-respected University and has amassed & increased a fortune. One would never get the lenders to allow you the financing if you really did not have the stuff.

As much as he loves the limelight in politics, in business he absolutely surrounded himself with real talent. There is just no way he is where he is if he didn't. To attract, motivate & retain that much quality staff speaks for itself.........

Trudeau, well......
Trump chose people based on qualifications, rather than on diversity.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
I did watch when he was talking about the cloth masks, and mentioned that a scarf could be even better. Then again, I am not obsessed with trying to pick apart anything Trump says or does.
THE REPORTER ASKED HIM ABOUT N95 MASKS ........And you are here STILL trying to justify his stupidity and ignorance ......just like Trump it amazes me how many people do the same thing he does ..... twist, deflect, manipulate and lie just to cover up for him and ignore the transcript, or video tape.

There no point in discussing this. Here's another juice box Trump wants you to drink.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Trump chose people based on qualifications, rather than on diversity.
Or relation.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:08 PM

Maybe the more fun game is:

You have a gun to your head and you must choose either Clinton or Trump and either Trudeau or scheer

Given that in this game you must choose, its not a matter of who is the best but the least bad. Id imagine all 4 are not many peoples idea choice.

Despite all flaws, for me id have to say Trump and Scheer.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:11 PM

Quote:
THE REPORTER ASKED HIM ABOUT N95 MASKS ........And you are here STILL trying to justify his stupidity and ignorance ......just like Trump it amazes me how many people do the same thing he does ..... twist, deflect, manipulate and lie just to cover up for him and ignore the transcript, or video tape.

There no point in discussing this. Here's another juice box Trump wants you to drink.
I prefer juice boxes to those drink box, water bottle sort of things.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:47 PM

[QUOTE=elkhunter11;4143265]I prefer juice boxes to those drink box, water bottle sort of things.:sHa

The paper drink box water bottle is a classic clip, but Trump has got a ton of them.

Just yesterday he was joking about “models” when thousands of Americans are dying. What a buffoon.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:54 PM

Quote:

The paper drink box water bottle is a classic clip, but Trump has got a ton of them.

Just yesterday he was joking about “models” when thousands of Americans are dying. What a buffoon.
And Trudeau just increased the carbon tax by 50% when some people are off work, because of this crisis, and don't have money to buy groceries . Which is more important to you, having to put up with a joke, or feeding your family?
Old 04-05-2020, 09:30 PM
Banned

I don't understand why they're not a bounty on Trudeau 's head. He absolutely has no backbone or balls. Of course with all this going on, he still has the gull to make gun control his first priority. What the hell is wrong with this idiot.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
I don't understand why they're not a bounty on Trudeau 's head. He absolutely has no backbone or balls. Of course with all this going on, he still has the gull to make gun control his first priority. What the hell is wrong with this idiot.
Well Duh... a citizen who has no history or inclination for committing a criminal act must have their firearms taken away because the mere presence of a firearm means the risk Of said violence is too high! If by taking that gun saves just 1 theoretical life it is worth it. Mean while how many die every day from mental health issues, car accidents various cancers associated with alcoholism and life long use of tobacco and of course pets not forget the COVID... yes the liberals have a very discombobulated agenda!!
Old 04-05-2020, 09:43 PM
Banned

Default Turdy

Quote:
Like the old song says—-“PaPa was a Rolling Stone.........”
Old 04-05-2020, 09:47 PM

Quote:
And Trudeau just increased the carbon tax by 50% when some people are off work, because of this crisis, and don't have money to buy groceries . Which is more important to you, having to put up with a joke, or feeding your family?
Carbon taxes? I thought we were talking about ridiculous quotes and press conferences?
Old 04-05-2020, 09:51 PM
Banned

To bad covid is not a liberal diesese.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:36 PM

This is a pretty good analysis of Trump . Much more thoughtful than the we just hate him because he’s Trump crowd. https://youtu.be/3lOAuIUxcT4
Old 04-06-2020, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinelakeperch View Post
Carbon taxes? I thought we were talking about ridiculous quotes and press conferences?
Look at the title of the thread, we are talking about two leaders, so of course their policies are relevant. In fact their policies are far more important than how they speak in public. If I don't like to hear them speak, I don't have to, but I do have to pay the taxes that they enact.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:13 AM

Quote:
To bad covid is not a liberal diesese.
COVID 19 is a liberal disease. It's taking over our lives, it's controlling our actions, it's causing us to live in fear, and our federal government is not doing a dam thing about it.
Trudum and company have the perfect storm going here, for them this couldn't be better.

Thank god we have strong leadership at all provincial and territorial levels when it comes to dealing with the pandemic!

BW
Old 04-06-2020, 08:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
COVID 19 is a liberal disease. It's taking over our lives, it's controlling our actions, it's causing us to live in fear, and our federal government is not doing a dam thing about it.
Trudum and company have the perfect storm going here, for them this couldn't be better.

Thank god we have strong leadership at all provincial and territorial levels when it comes to dealing with the pandemic!

BW

I'd have to agree.
Last time I checked 9 out of the top 10 most infected states are Run by Democrats

Cheers
Old 04-06-2020, 08:19 AM

Quote:
TRUMP said it was $ 1 million, New York Times Investigated and said the number was $ 60.7 Million.

If you believe Trump, or anything that EVER comes out of his mouth, I can't help you. There is no point in arguing over it.

As far as IQ tests are concerned, my comments were related to his own bragging about his own IQ and how smart he is.

I have taken these tests, and Trump wouldn't get past the first part where you have to open up the pamphlet by tearing along the perforated line or sharpening the pencil they give you.

The average person can spot him 20 points and still win.

He is a moron. See what he said yesterday - this one caused me to laugh for hours.

President Donald Trump has claimed that “in many cases” scarves are better than masks for protection against coronavirus.

Speaking at his daily press briefing on Wednesday, Mr Trump said that amid a shortage of masks, people can use scarves as an alternative when outside.

“In many cases the scarf is better; it’s thicker. I mean you can — depending on the material, it’s thicker,” the president said
Don't take medical advise from someone who looked directly at an eclipse.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougH11 View Post
Don't take medical advise from someone who looked directly at an eclipse.
Must be Superman only he could do that with no ill effects

Cheers
Old 04-06-2020, 10:12 AM

On November 19th 2019 both the USA and Singapore recorded their first case of Covid19. Taking into account only population % the US has done 30 times worse at managing the outbreak. Surpassing every other country in the world for the poorest response. Worse then Iran, Italy, Spain and ever other first world country. This is Trumps leadership skillet in raw numbers. Figure it out.

Trump has now cut off supplies to Canada, stolen supplies bound for Canada. If you're pro Trump, you're anti-Canadian. Fox news has done a better job then the CBC... if you believe otherwise.

Canadians will die because you think you're an American Republican not a Canadian Conservative. This thread is disgusting to read.

Last edited by lastlatvian; 04-06-2020 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlatvian View Post
On November 19th 2019 both the USA and Singapore recorded their first case of Covid19. Taking into account only population % the US has done 30 times worse at managing the outbreak. Surpassing every other country in the world for the poorest response. Worse then Iran, Italy, Spain and ever other first world country. This is Trumps leadership skillet in raw numbers. Figure it out.

Trump has now cut off supplies to Canada, stolen supplies bound for Canada. If you're pro Trump, you're anti-Canadian. Fox news has done a better job then the CBC... if you believe otherwise.

Canadians will die because you think you're an American Republican not a Canadian Conservative. This thread is disgusting to read.
So if Canadians do die because of a shortage of masks, is it because Trump blocked the sale of US made masks outside of the USA, or is it because Trudeau gave away 16 tons of masks and supplies that we already had?
If you were a leader, which would be more acceptable to you, having people in other countries die because you wouldn't give away your supply of masks, or having your own people die, because you gave your masks to another country?
Old 04-06-2020, 10:59 AM

Quote:
"..If you're pro Trump, you're anti-Canadian.."
And in an ironic twist, if Trump were leading Canada and attempting
to make it great again, you would be anti-Canadian..
Old 04-06-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:

Trump is telling you he has done a spectacular, powerful and great job on this. Like no one ever has before. I do agree his response and leadership in this area will set a "new world benchmark" …… that I can assure you.

If Trump says it, it must be true - so don't try to let data or facts get in the way of reality.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:41 AM
Gone Hunting

Another thread turned into an absolute gong show...….