Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-04-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
So in reading between the lines... you think Trump is a moron and anyone who disagrees with you is likely a bigger moron than you think Trump is. Got it. You must be a card carrying Liberal because any of those I have ever met were always quite certain they were the smartest person in the room, regardless of the evidence that said otherwise.
In reality, I probably should not have insulted the general public who feel Trump is smart by insinuating they, themselves, are dumb. My intent wasn't to personally insult anyone - so my apologies if I offended you personally. That was offside now that I look back and re-read what I said.

I can assure you I'm far from a card carrying liberal, as the history of my political view withing this, and many other threads is easily evident.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:31 PM

Both are bad trump is pro American but he has totally messed up the carona virus and with him and the system they have it is a total disaster.
So as far as the Carona virus goes I’ll take Trudeau over trump.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Both r flat out terrible.

At least Trump is his own man.

I just think he’s the wrong man for now.
There really isn't anything more to say Bessie! Nailed it on both counts. You're also right when you say the Trumper has a pair! Which means the turd is.....
aw gee I don't wanna get banned!

Let the games begin!
Old 04-04-2020, 03:35 PM
Gone Hunting

I can't understand why, on threads such as this, some people have to post 5-6 times to justify their answer? I thought the OP made the question pretty clear???
Old 04-04-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
In reality, I probably should not have insulted the general public who feel Trump is smart by insinuating they, themselves, are dumb. My intent wasn't to personally insult anyone - so my apologies if I offended you personally. That was offside now that I look back and re-read what I said.

I can assure you I'm far from a card carrying liberal, as the history of my political view withing this, and many other threads is easily evident.
I’m not offended. I don’t particularly like Trump either. I don’t see him as a moron though. An egomaniac perhaps. But you don’t get where he is and the money he has by being a moron. Trudeau on the other hand...he is his mother’s son.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:47 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Trump

Businessman. Billionaire. Says what he thinks regardless of outcome. Isnt easily swayed. Doesnt care. Crude, egotistical, but fiercely American.

Trudeau

Uh....

Voted in by a popularity contest. Not a businessman. Easily swayed. Does have some education. Not crude, but sneaky and fiercely Liberal.

If it were just the three of us, and both were hanging over a cliff, and I had one in each hand, Id definitely drop Trudeau. Then Id pull Trump up, we would find a way down there, and I would show Trump how to hunt over bait
ROFL Best response, and the best use for tru-dope.

But you forget, egotist. That's Tru-dope in one word.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-04-2020, 03:47 PM

Trump at least has good entertainment value, for his stupidity and ignorance.
Love listening to him though, making a total fool of himself with his poor use of the English language.
He cares about his country,its people and the economy though, I have to give him that

Trudeau makes me want to puke so bad I cant even listen/watch him for more than a couple of minutes. His total lack of understanding of the Canadian people (Quebec excluded) makes me wonder if he has any experience of the real world at all. He comes across as a disingenuous moron,condescending,puppy eyed and pitiful.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:57 PM
Gone Hunting

To my way of thinking Trump is 1,000 times the leader that Tru-dope is and Trump isn't much of a leader.

He's too full of himself and lacks common sense and common decency, has verbal diarrhea and the worst hairdo on the planet.
But he may be just what the US needed. Both Canuckistan and the Altered States need a political re-do. They got theirs, we're still waiting for ours.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-04-2020, 04:16 PM

Best thread I've seen for a long time! Laughing so hard I'm crying and I had to run off to the can or I would have peed my pants!
Old 04-04-2020, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Trump at least has good entertainment value, for his stupidity and ignorance.
Love listening to him though, making a total fool of himself with his poor use of the English language.
He cares about his country,its people and the economy though, I have to give him that

Trudeau makes me want to puke so bad I cant even listen/watch him for more than a couple of minutes. His total lack of understanding of the Canadian people (Quebec excluded) makes me wonder if he has any experience of the real world at all. He comes across as a disingenuous moron,condescending,puppy eyed and pitiful.
Good point, I can at least tolerate watching Trunp speak, I wait to read the media releases to see what Trudeau said, because actually listening to him or watching him, makes me want to puke. Trump is arrogant, but Trudeau is likely the most arrogant leader I have ever seen. If he was 1/4 as important as he thinks he is. He would be the most important person in the world.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Two people I dislike ....... let me start with Trudeau.

Trudeau is disingenuous, and sheltered. To me it seems has never had to think through anything in his life, has never had resolve a conflict, or make a tough decision with collateral consequences at stake. He has no idea how the rest of us live as "normal" people live or what we deal with as we work to pay bills, have to save to retire, and struggle through economic hardships.

Trudeau is a spoiled, coddled rich kid who "inherited" the throne and wants to live in some peace loving Utopian world where we all slide on rainbows and ride bikes to work in the sunshine sucking on lollipops. A true simpleton hippie who cries when watching television commercials with kittens.

Trump is a compulsive liar. He is also clinically delusional with a self superiority complex and the ego and narcissism to match. He will do anything to promote and protect the rich and will lie, cheat and steal from the citizens of the country. He has no compassion for anyone except himself and is heavily offended anytime anything is projected negatively towards him in any way. He is cruel, vicious, vindictive and undermining and will lash out to try and destroy anyone who would oppose him in any way.

He has no loyalty to anyone but himself. Not his wife, not his country and certainly not to his appointed administration. He will turn on you on a dime and throw you to the fire without hesitation to promote/protect/indulge himself. A true narcissist. He likely has no true friends, and probably, and sadly, never has developed a true and genuine relationship with anyone in his entire life.

He looks up to powerful, strong and tyrannical leaders as his heroes - absolute control and power is so important to him. He loves being "the man".

Trump is also not smart. His IQ is likely significantly below average. He's a total buffoon and idiot. He is ignorant to anything related to world history, policy never mind culture or social issues. He has no idea what he's talking about on almost anything he opens his mouth to comment about. His ignorance is actually stunning to many - he's so stupid, most people can't believe he's actually that dumb so they rationalize what he said in ways to suggest that through other means to try and lend credence to what he said, and try to, in some obscure way, defend and make excuses for him. He probably is the dumbest person I have ever witnessed in any position like that.

You cannot compare the impact to the world between the US and Canada, as certainly the US has far more reaching influence globally, both economically and socially. This makes the Trump far more dangerous.

Trudeau doesn't mean to harm others, and isn't vengeful whereas, I think Trump doesn't care if he does and is, in fact, poisonous and vengeful.

We will get past Trudeau ..... but Trump is far more dangerous to the world.
Out of all the posts so far, I think this one nailed it!

edit: yup, caught up to my post and this one nailed it!

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.

Last edited by huntsfurfish; 04-04-2020 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Trump is not entirely self made. Sorry. He himself admits to $10,000,000 head start, and who knows if that happened 20 times - or it was 300 million ... are you really that naive to trust anything that comes out of his mouth? really?

And ... I disagree. Trump is a moron. Anyone who thinks Trump is smart is probably dumber than he is.

There is not many things he says, or has said, that I thought was intelligent or insightful since he took office. I'm serious.

But it seems everyday he says something that makes me spit my coffee and laugh .... the guy is a moron.
Off by a factor of 10. He got 1 mil and an apartment rental company from his father.

He turned that into a 250 million dollar partnership and went from there.

I dont have an emotional horse in this race just pointing out some things. I dont care one way or the other about the guy.

The facts about what his father built and what he built are easily looked up. Everyone kinda liked the guy until the news started hating him once he switched from dem to republican and decided to run.

Morons dont turn millions into billions. Otherwise we would have many more billionaires.

Most people that talk about other people's iq have never done an iq test.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:04 PM

Trudeau is obviously not smart and a terrible speaker. He can’t answer any easy questions, let alone give intelligent answers to tough questions. People may not like his answers but Trump will answer questions and he can talk for hours without a teleprompter. At least Trump is looking out for the interests of the people of the United States which is his job. Our pm is more worried about virtue signaling, giving away money and sucking up to the UN than what’s best for Canadians. Don’t even get me started on the gun bans, foreign oil, Huawei and illlegal immigrants
Old 04-04-2020, 06:31 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
I can't understand why, on threads such as this, some people have to post 5-6 times to justify their answer? I thought the OP made the question pretty clear???
Alzheimer's.....throw in touretts too......

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-04-2020, 07:01 PM

Default Trudeau

Trump is the worst thing to happen to the US in my memory. He’s cranked the deficit, stacked the court with social idiots, gutted environmental law, made the US the global joke, embraced low life religious nut cases, picked on the weak instead of picking them up, and generally been a horrible president by any measure that matters. Even his staff agree once they leave, he’s a dangerous idiot dragging the US and the world backwards.

Trudeau has issues, but compared to the orange guy he’s a stable genius.

Just an opinion. Hope everyone is staying healthy.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansgunsghandi View Post
Trump is the worst thing to happen to the US in my memory. He’s cranked the deficit, stacked the court with social idiots, gutted environmental law, made the US the global joke, embraced low life religious nut cases, picked on the weak instead of picking them up, and generally been a horrible president by any measure that matters. Even his staff agree once they leave, he’s a dangerous idiot dragging the US and the world backwards.

Trudeau has issues, but compared to the orange guy he’s a stable genius.

Just an opinion. Hope everyone is staying healthy.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:06 PM

Umm, uh, um, ah, um, ah, uhh.

Trudeau is a glittery dollar store sock puppet out of touch with the common folk.

Trump is a narcissistic alpha chimp who is good at manipulating the common folk.

I think Kenney, Ford and Legault are showing true leadership throughout this.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Trump is not entirely self made. Sorry. He himself admits to $10,000,000 head start, and who knows if that happened 20 times - or it was 300 million ... are you really that naive to trust anything that comes out of his mouth? really?

And ... I disagree. Trump is a moron. Anyone who thinks Trump is smart is probably dumber than he is.

There is not many things he says, or has said, that I thought was intelligent or insightful since he took office. I'm serious.

But it seems everyday he says something that makes me spit my coffee and laugh .... the guy is a moron.
Id bet the vast majority of what Trump says is NOT impromptu aka it is somehow scripted or he is provided a list of talking points by his advisors. Add in that the media will cut and paste whatever they like to make the man look like an idiot the fact you are basing your opinions on his portrayal in the media is sad. Look what they did to Bush Jr, by all accounts he is a smart fellow but the media made him out to be a buffoon! PLUS I’d like to see YOU do better considering how many things he is questioned on and expected to comment on in a daily basis. Very very few people could Answer accurately on everything.

To the OP I present the other side of the coin as it is what I live with. My parents and sister live with your half. I’d take what I have with Donald. As mentioned by multiple others they are both scum however you have one who has a policy of country first and the other a policy of whatever will set him up down the road, The half of his country be dammed. I’m a firm believer no politician is a saint and they all have skeletons in their closets. However I will always choose one who puts his country first. As far as Trump goes I wouldn’t believe 80% of what the media says about him.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Id bet the vast majority of what Trump says is NOT impromptu aka it is somehow scripted or he is provided a list of talking points by his advisors. Add in that the media will cut and paste whatever they like to make the man look like an idiot the fact you are basing your opinions on his portrayal in the media is sad. Look what they did to Bush Jr, by all accounts he is a smart fellow but the media made him out to be a buffoon! PLUS I’d like to see YOU do better considering how many things he is questioned on and expected to comment on in a daily basis. Very very few people could Answer accurately on everything.

To the OP I present the other side of the coin as it is what I live with. My parents and sister live with your half. I’d take what I have with Donald. As mentioned by multiple others they are both scum however you have one who has a policy of country first and the other a policy of whatever will set him up down the road, The half of his country be dammed. I’m a firm believer no politician is a saint and they all have skeletons in their closets. However I will always choose one who puts his country first. As far as Trump goes I wouldn’t believe 80% of what the media says about him.
Very good post
Thanks
Old 04-04-2020, 08:16 PM

Can't stand watching either of them during the daily briefings, neither has a clue of what to do or say, fortunately the adults in the room will get us through the next few years, then the people need to wake up & dump both of them.

D.

Old 04-04-2020, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:

The MAIN reason POTUS 45 getting voted in is: USA FIRST and let's make America Great again!! Trump is the REAL DEAL Our leader is a cuck
Old 04-04-2020, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbo View Post
Best thread I've seen for a long time! Laughing so hard I'm crying and I had to run off to the can or I would have peed my pants!
That was my hope
Old 04-04-2020, 08:30 PM

Quote:
PLUS I’d like to see YOU do better considering how many things he is questioned on and expected to comment on in a daily basis. Very very few people could Answer accurately on everything.
If you look on another thread, “Financial market meltdown” or “Plague starts in China” you will see that many people on this board were ringing alarm bells at the same time the President was calling it a hoax, or saying it would simply disappear with the spring weather, and later telling American citizens that it was under control.

Nobody on this board is privileged with a sliver of a fraction of the level of intelligence and expertise that the Trump administration has at its fingertips.

On a side note, Trudeau is getting blasted for sending medical supplies to China when they were going through their first wave. Nobody acknowledging that China has now reciprocated and is sending masks and other supplies to Canada. Sad that our political foes have more decency to work together in a time of crisis, while our supposedly number one ally does not.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:29 PM
Banned

All good leaders know they need to surround themselves with knowledgeable individuals and use them to make tough decisions . To be a good leader you need to be able to listen.
I believe Trudeau does that.
Trump listens to no one but himself and then makes bad decisions.
The fallout of how the mighty USA handled the coronavirus crisis will bring the USA down many rungs on how the world sees them as a super power . When there own states know they need to kiss the a** of Trump to not have him hold back medical supplies speaks volumes. Fauci even said he knows what Trump says is hurting the crisis but what is supposed to do tackle him at the mic.
When people like to watch Trump speak to hear what stupid thing he says speaks volumes .
As for Trump or Trudeau I pick Canada any day . A place where if I get sick I don’t need to worry about paying for my hospital stay and a place that allows my employee to pay me 75% of my salary instead of laying me off.
I understand that Albertans are upset about how oil reserves are being handled. But isn’t all boom or bust based on oil price?
I think our current government as a minority has checks and balances not like the USA it is Trumps way or highway and never cross him as he uses his power to crush u. Is that a leader people want? If you do be my guest and pack your bags and move south.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comaderek View Post
All good leaders know they need to surround themselves with knowledgeable individuals and use them to make tough decisions . To be a good leader you need to be able to listen.
The fallout of how the mighty USA handled the coronavirus crisis will bring the USA down many rungs on how the world sees them as a super power . When there own states know they need to kiss the a** of Trump to not have him hold back medical supplies speaks volumes. Fauci even said he knows what Trump says is hurting the crisis but what is supposed to do tackle him at the mic.
When people like to watch Trump speak to hear what stupid thing he says speaks volumes .
As for Trump or Trudeau I pick Canada any day . A place where if I get sick I don’t need to worry about paying for my hospital stay and a place that allows my employee to pay me 75% of my salary instead of laying me off.
I understand that Albertans are upset about how oil reserves are being handled. But isn’t all boom or bust based on oil price?
I think our current government as a minority has checks and balances not like the USA it is Trumps way or highway and never cross him as he uses his power to crush u. Is that a leader people want? If you do be my guest and pack your bags and move south.
Maybe you didn't see in the news about our minority government trying to sneak in no parliamentary votes on budgets for almost two years. That was a couple of weeks ago. Of course they would be in charge of spending with no opposition.

And also 75% to max of 847$ per week. Read the fine print. So I hope your budget works with JT numbers. Remember he also got a raise this week.

Our federal government also downplayed the serious situation of the virus. Beginning of March Trudeau said knee jerk reaction won't stop the spread. They didn't do anything to prevent the spread in Canada. They were more concerned about racism associated with returning Chinese coming into the country.

Inform yourself on exactly what our federal government has and hasn't done . Here is some reading for you.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/nat...low-the-virus/
Old 04-04-2020, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrow397 View Post
Off by a factor of 10. He got 1 mil and an apartment rental company from his father.

He turned that into a 250 million dollar partnership and went from there.

I dont have an emotional horse in this race just pointing out some things. I dont care one way or the other about the guy.

The facts about what his father built and what he built are easily looked up. Everyone kinda liked the guy until the news started hating him once he switched from dem to republican and decided to run.

Morons dont turn millions into billions. Otherwise we would have many more billionaires.

Most people that talk about other people's iq have never done an iq test.
TRUMP said it was $ 1 million, New York Times Investigated and said the number was $ 60.7 Million.

If you believe Trump, or anything that EVER comes out of his mouth, I can't help you. There is no point in arguing over it.

As far as IQ tests are concerned, my comments were related to his own bragging about his own IQ and how smart he is.

I have taken these tests, and Trump wouldn't get past the first part where you have to open up the pamphlet by tearing along the perforated line or sharpening the pencil they give you.

The average person can spot him 20 points and still win.

He is a moron. See what he said yesterday - this one caused me to laugh for hours.

President Donald Trump has claimed that “in many cases” scarves are better than masks for protection against coronavirus.

Speaking at his daily press briefing on Wednesday, Mr Trump said that amid a shortage of masks, people can use scarves as an alternative when outside.

“In many cases the scarf is better; it’s thicker. I mean you can — depending on the material, it’s thicker,” the president said
Old 04-04-2020, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comaderek View Post
Trudeau surrounds himself with people chosen to promote his diversity agenda, rather than with knowledgeable people. He doesn't listen to Canadians, and he doesn't care what Canadians think or desire. His only concern seems to be getting a seat on the UN , holidaying, and photo ops. As far as the Corona virus situation is concerned, Trudeau chose to leave our borders open to travelers, and to illegal immigrants, which allowed the virus to spread. He gave away supplies that we need, and then he tried to give himself unlimited powers as far as spending and taxation are concerned. In other words, Trudeau has badly bungled the situation, just as he bungles everything else he is involved with.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:45 PM

Quote:
TRUMP said it was $ 1 million, New York Times Investigated and said the number was $ 60.7 Million.

If you believe Trump, or anything that EVER comes out of his mouth, I can't help you. There is no point in arguing over it.

As far as IQ tests are concerned, my comments were related to his own bragging about his own IQ and how smart he is.

I have taken these tests, and Trump wouldn't get past the first part where you have to open up the pamphlet by tearing along the perforated line or sharpening the pencil they give you.

The average person can spot him 20 points and still win.

He is a moron. See what he said yesterday - this one caused me to laugh for hours.

President Donald Trump has claimed that “in many cases” scarves are better than masks for protection against coronavirus.

Speaking at his daily press briefing on Wednesday, Mr Trump said that amid a shortage of masks, people can use scarves as an alternative when outside.

“In many cases the scarf is better; it’s thicker. I mean you can — depending on the material, it’s thicker,” the president said
I wouldn’t put a lot of stock in what the NYT says either. Right up there with the CBC and the Toronto Star, in that they have an agenda and aren’t shy about massaging the truth if it will hurt their target.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:57 PM

Quote:

First of all, this isn't about me and "how I would do" fielding questions but thanks for making this personal. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be guessing or BSing like he does, and I'm comfortable enough to defer questions to actual experts and smart enough to listen and actually take advice from them - unlike Trump.

Also - Keep in mind - I did not run for, nor did I take a position as the POTUS - arguably the most powerful office in the world ....... he did.

If poor Donald is constantly complaining, crying and whining about how he is treated for what he himself says ....... well ..... guess what ..... he said it and didn't think about it ..... and that's on him.

Is Donald really IS that much of a moron to not have understood that HIS words, in that position, are going to be scrutinized?

He needs to grow up, and stop crying when someone calls him out for his own utter nonsense, lies and ignorance.

As far as Trump putting his country first, I totally disagree. He puts himself and rich corporation cronie friends first.

Last edited by EZM; 04-04-2020 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:10 PM

Trump is an egomaniacal scumbag who has no regard for anyone but himself. Trudeau (whatever you may say about him) at least cares about his fellow human. Donald is a dangerous man who doesn't give a flying fart about either Canadians or Statesians. I don't really like either of them, but would take Trudeau over Dingus McDufus any day of the week.

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor