Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-25-2020, 06:12 PM

Default using Ipad to play home games

The app doesn't work for home games however I tried Splashtop app and it looks like mirroring the PC to the Ipad could work for those who wish to not sit at their computer.

Only 4 signed up so far.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-25-2020, 06:24 PM

If short of players at game time I will jump in.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:42 PM

Sorry gentlemen, I am tied up with the wifey tonight. See ya'll tomorrow night.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkihiball View Post
Sorry gentlemen, I am tied up with the wifey tonight. See ya'll tomorrow night.
No prob.

Hopefully this trial has been a success. PS emails when there are new tournaments.

Once set up we will slowly pick up members and make for some fun moments to kill time with a little competitive gamesmanship
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-26-2020, 05:47 AM

I really liked last nights format, 6 to a table seems to speed things up.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-26-2020, 07:41 AM

My first game last night, good fun and costs nothing but time. Ok maybe a little pride but you're all by yourself so nobody sees the despair.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:51 AM

Great. For now going forward we have a regular game every night at 7 pm.

We have 16 members and growing so spread the word.

Can’t win every night but the time is well spent in friendly, competitive fun.

Cheers

Sun

Ps

Pm me if you want the access information to join us. Just load pokerstars.com onto your computer. However I did use the Splashtop app effectively to mirror my PC and play PS from the couch on my IPad.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Great. For now going forward we have a regular game every night at 7 pm.

We have 16 members and growing so spread the word.

Can’t win every night but the time is well spent in friendly, competitive fun.

Cheers

Sun

Ps

Pm me if you want the access information to join us. Just load pokerstars.com onto your computer. However I did use the Splashtop app effectively to mirror my PC and play PS from the couch on my IPad.
Will splash work on I phone?
I’m in for tonight can u pm me details thx.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten, View Post

Will splash work on I phone?
I’m in for tonight can u pm me details thx.
Very small print for a phone I’m thinking.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Very small print for a phone I’m thinking.
I play on my phone no problem. I have a 2 hander lol.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:33 PM

Quote:
I play on my phone no problem. I have a 2 hander lol.
And I'll bet you have the monkey thumbs for texting
Old 03-26-2020, 09:18 PM

Was a good game tonight,Sun just couldn't go wrong.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Was a good game tonight,Sun just couldn't go wrong.
That heads up match was INTENSE!

I was sweating. Can’t go wrong when you get good cards.

I really goofed when I called a big all in with one card to go and hit the miracle 3 outer. Phew.

Challenging play.

Fun background chatter.

Great times.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:05 AM

Default Remember to get your free chips for tonight!

Regular tournaments will happen every night at 7 pm. If there are enough players it will automatically go. If someone wants a daytime tournament at some point, please let me know and I will set it up for you.

Thanks

Sun
Old 03-27-2020, 05:12 PM

OK, I'm in.

Not sure if I will be able to register as EZM as I already have an account under UGATS .... so look out for me .... I will be the one spraying chips and chasing gut shots like it's amateur hour .....

Can someone send me the details to get in and where to find this tournament
Old 03-27-2020, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
OK, I'm in.

Not sure if I will be able to register as EZM as I already have an account under UGATS .... so look out for me .... I will be the one spraying chips and chasing gut shots like it's amateur hour .....

Can someone send me the details to get in and where to find this tournament
Details sent. Once registered I can then accept and you can play in our tournament tonight at 7 pm.

Pretty much a standing date for a 7 pm nightly tournament until folks say otherwise.

ANYONE ELSE WANT TO REGISTER?

Cheers

Sun
Old 03-27-2020, 06:24 PM

The old laptop I used last night didn't crap out on me, so tonight I am hoping for a different outcome, other then an early BOOM!! haha
Old 03-27-2020, 06:32 PM

I think im in just waiting to see if i can,if i had to leave mid way through how do i do it?
Old 03-27-2020, 06:40 PM

Quote:
I think im in just waiting to see if i can,if i had to leave mid way through how do i do it?
You would have to just click sit out so that you auto fold going forward. If there are enough players you may wish to not sign up. Yesterday we took 2 hour 10 min.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBE View Post
The old laptop I used last night didn't crap out on me, so tonight I am hoping for a different outcome, other then an early BOOM!! haha

Big bada boom!
Old 03-27-2020, 07:35 PM

Ran a little too late to join tonight.

Also took me a few minutes to figure out to click bottom right "MORE" button to show "Home Games".

So I registered, and I guess we may catch up next game !!!!
Old 03-27-2020, 09:03 PM

Well that was fun to watch tonight (watching because playing was an option not available to me after a very short time) Sundance came back from virtual death with less than 3000 chips to claw his way back to the chip lead only to fall in the end to Skain's consistant play all night. There is a lot less pressure when you are just observing and really easy to know exactly what to do with each hand, no pressure
Old 03-27-2020, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyn View Post
Well that was fun to watch tonight (watching because playing was an option not available to me after a very short time) Sundance came back from virtual death with less than 3000 chips to claw his way back to the chip lead only to fall in the end to Skain's consistant play all night. There is a lot less pressure when you are just observing and really easy to know exactly what to do with each hand, no pressure
Fun game. It was mine at the end if skain didn’t hit his miracle river lol
Old 03-27-2020, 10:26 PM

That would really be my only complaint about the game, I saw the winning hand but the losing hands flash up on the screen so quickly you can't really see what got beat, I had no idea what you were in with Sundance only what you got beat with. Its a small thing really and no real consequence.
Its all good..
Old 03-27-2020, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyn View Post
That would really be my only complaint about the game, I saw the winning hand but the losing hands flash up on the screen so quickly you can't really see what got beat, I had no idea what you were in with Sundance only what you got beat with. Its a small thing really and no real consequence.
Its all good..
FYI

There is a reverse circle arrow in the top left. Click on that to see the last hand if you were in the game I believe you can see it even if knocked out prior.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:45 AM

Sorry people I registered for this game and didn't make it. Had some friends show up, BBQ and beers took over. Yes we stayed at least 2ft oooops I mean meters apart (frickin metric system) Ha ha I know 6ft. apart. Ya right. Hope the game was a challenge. Should be in tonight if they don't come back with more food to cook and beers to inhale. My friends are like what you might call LIQUOR PIGS LOL and food beast's for sure.
Any one out there have half a cow all prepped I can have for the next two days? LOL
Old 03-28-2020, 10:08 AM

Thank you Sundancefisher for setting this up. It is an awesome time to spend 2 and 1/2 hrs in the evening and not watching the boob tube (TV Get your minds out of the gutter LOL). Always looking forward to the Tourney's. Week days good ,weekends could be a challenge

CAN'T STRESS ENOUGH.…….THANKS FOR THE FUN
Old 03-28-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
Thank you Sundancefisher for setting this up. It is an awesome time to spend 2 and 1/2 hrs in the evening and not watching the boob tube (TV Get your minds out of the gutter LOL). Always looking forward to the Tourney's. Week days good ,weekends could be a challenge

CAN'T STRESS ENOUGH.…….THANKS FOR THE FUN
Happy to help. Trying to figure out why stats aren’t working but other than that the play has been exceptionally fun.

Everyone. Tonight. 7 pm. Be there or be square.

EXCITING

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 03-28-2020 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:48 PM

Whose winning tonight?
Old 03-28-2020, 08:57 PM

That was alot of fun actually.

2 hours of white knuckling.

Good Game Tonight

Last edited by EZM; 03-28-2020 at 09:11 PM.