Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-08-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
I am FAR from alone. Best guesstimates are that in excess of 700,000 Canadians are slipping through the cracks just as I have:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...it/ar-BB12hTzi

What a complete mess they are making of this matter.
And what a complete mess that is making of one hell of a lot of lives...

Nog
The liberals couldn't run a lemonade stand, let alone a fund that they say is set up to help Canadians now!

The only thing Trudum did well was.... um er ah....ah...ah NOTHING!

BW
Old 04-08-2020, 03:14 PM

Default Great sound bites

So doesn't it sound like the Turdeau govt is doing things to help those affected or laid off due to Covid-19.

Every day announce a new program. New money for this, new money for that, help this group, help that group, and make sure to help those others....BLAH BLAH BLAH BS BS.
Even got to do a little stage drama sound bit: "Now I going to talk to the kids for a momment....blah blah...I know its tough...but the liberal have got some help for you...blah F blah!!!!.remember the liberal donation line...oops mean the kids help line. Now kids, I want to talk to your grandparents.........WHAT A F JOKE!!!!" Straight out of a badly done skit. Ever see someone do such a badly done presentation, so ackward, that is soooo corn-ball that, you feel the embarrassment yourself...or that is so condescending that its sickening......that was this.

But the real truth is that this federal govt has no clue and no way to do what they are announcing. They are announcing programs without a single guideline written. BUT.....KEEP ANNOUNCING PROGRAMS. That what they want you to remember......the announcement......not the actual program or lack there of.

The company I work for was still trying to find anything about how to apply for any of these programs as our division has laid off 80% of our staff.
We've held off on the next round of layoffs hoping to get some details on these fancy programs....We consulted with a big national accounting firm and their advice was that there is such a cluster-f that its not worth pursuing. So the conclusion is that by the time this is sorted out we'd be bankrupt......and most of these are pie-in the-sky programs that we might/might not qualify for....but in the mean time cash is burning up. So next round of lay offs....till me and a few of the last ones are laying ourselves off.

By the time this govt gets its act together, we will be over this by one way or another.

But want to bet that the companies that are getting their funds all are on their donators list.....starting with SNC and Bombardier.

Does anybody remember the sponsorship scandal.....small potatoes....but envelopes of cash passed around......to save Confederation.....it was a good cause....don'tcha know!! AND nobody knows where all the money went....unaccountable

WELL.........This is a really crisis.....with 100X the money being thrown at it........and even more difficult to track and account for.......guaranteed that big chunks of this will flow to their freinds and some flow back to their campaign funds. Watch!!!

So IRONNOGGIN.......make a $50 donation to the liberal party of canada....THEN CALL a Liberal MP.......you then will have to decide which piles of money you want.

Last edited by BlackHeart; 04-08-2020 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
So doesn't it sound like the Turdeau govt is doing things to help those affected or laid off due to Covid-19.

Every day announce a new program. New money for this, new money for that, help this group, help that group, and make sure to help those others....BLAH BLAH BLAH BS BS.

Even got to do a little stage drama sound bit: "Now I going to talk to the kids for a momment....blah blah...I know its tough...but the liberal have got some help for you...blah F blah!!!!.remember the liberal donation line...oops mean the kids help line. Now kids, I want to talk to your grandparents.........WHAT A F JOKE!!!!" Straight out of a badly done skit.

But the real truth is that this federal govt has no clue and no way to do what they are announcing. They are announcing programs without a single guideline written. BUT.....KEEP ANNOUNCING PROGRAMS. That what they want you to remember......the announcement......not the actual program or lack there of.

By the time this govt gets its act together, we will be over this by one way or another.

But want to bet that the companies that are getting their funds all are on their donators list.....starting with SNC and Bombardier.

Does anybody remember the sponsorship scandal.....small potatoes....but envelopes of cash passed around......to save Confederation.....it was a good cause....don'tcha know!! AND nobody knows where all the money went....unaccountable

WELL.........This is a really crisis.....with 100X the money being thrown at it........and even more difficult to track and account for.......guaranteed that big chunks of this will flow to their freinds and some flow back to their campaign funds. Watch!!!

So IRONNOGGIN.......make a $50 donation to the liberal party of canada....THEN CALL a Liberal MP.......you then will have to decide which piles of money you want.
Maybe you should run for office and do a better job

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2020, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Probably wouldn't even have to get out of bed and into my pajamas to do a better job.

Ever know somebody who does an DIY project that would have been easier to fix if they had done nothing. Thats this govt.

Do a better job!!!!.......put me in a coma and I still will end up doing a better job.

Last edited by BlackHeart; 04-08-2020 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:27 PM
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
A snail, a bullfrog and an average rock could do an outstandingly better job.

Reality.

Nog
Old 04-09-2020, 02:38 PM
Banned

Arrow

After a total of 42 hours "On Hold" over the past two weeks, I finally got a Two-Legs to speak to just shortly ago.

I did not rant at him, in fact expressed my gratitude that he and his colleagues on the front line are doing what they can in the face of these unfortunate times. He must have been barked at a LOT of late from the genuine thanks he proffered to that statement.

Long and short - nothing he / they can do from their end at the moment.

The ONLY folks that can deal with Fishing Claims and any transfers related to them are in their Processing Department.

From what he could determine I am more than qualified, and should be getting the "lost" weeks back down the road as well as going on Medical.

Let's hope so...

He flagged my case for their Processing Department and informed me they will actually call me (wonder about that...) within 5 to 7 business days.

So, some of the tension wanders a little...

Now HOPING they stick to their word and do what is right by my case.

Going to be right thin for a spell, but maybe, just maybe we're back on track...

Cheers,
Nog
Old 04-09-2020, 02:47 PM

Good to hear that you're actually in the system, and hopefully things are on track. It's getting pretty desperate for a lot of people right now.