Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-02-2016, 07:37 PM

Default !!!CZ shadow 2!!!

I know shipping is backed up, but there are some out there. If you own one I would appreciate your thoughts, and review on it. I'm gonna be interested in purchasing one, my biggest question is if it's much better then the original. any other alternate suggestions would be great, excluding Sig (I already own one).
Thank you!
Old 10-02-2016, 07:52 PM

Get a regular one (not 2 or Shadowmate)......you will see many on sale since the Shadow2 came out......
Old 11-05-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostianych View Post
Get a regular one (not 2 or Shadowmate)......you will see many on sale since the Shadow2 came out......
I believe that you are absolutely right. I purchased a shadow 1, and it shoots flawlessly, every bit as good as my Sig! I asked a few guys behind the gun store counters what the difference was, and the reply I received most was "about $400"! All jokes aside their reply was usually "nothing revolutionary". If anybody could add to this, that would be great, educate me! The shadow 1 is like a sports car to which I would never use its full capability! Is it really worth the extra $400 for the shadow 2?
Old 11-05-2016, 04:44 PM

Here's mine. I have 300 rounds shot so far. My thoughts...

DA pull is loooonnngggg and heavy. Fixed with a lighter hammer spring.
SA pull is heavenly. Light and a crisp break.
Reset is fantastic. Rivals my Apex trigger in my M&P.
Ergonomics are the best I've held. (My hands are medium sized.)
The gun is very heavy. Really helps with recoil management. But...it's very heavy.
This is a very, very accurate gun.
Front sight is small. Combined with black rear sights and you have something that might take some getting used to. It's growing on me.
The new front and rear grip surfaces are excellent.
I don't like the hump on the back of the handle. IMHO, that surface should be flat.

Other than a few faults, the gun is pure CZ. Easy to maintain and clean. And I love the urban grey. And, I had a Shadow 1. This one's just better.

YMMV
Old 01-23-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morinj View Post
I know shipping is backed up, but there are some out there. If you own one I would appreciate your thoughts, and review on it. I'm gonna be interested in purchasing one, my biggest question is if it's much better then the original. any other alternate suggestions would be great, excluding Sig (I already own one).
Thank you!
I realize this is old thread however is this gun as good as all the claims?
what is trigger pull like on it from factory? Will it need trigger work or good out of the box. any info appreciated
Old 01-23-2018, 09:54 AM

I have had mine for just about a year and 9,000 rounds now.
I agree with everything 6MT said accept I like the hump on the back. I left the trigger stock and just got used to the DA pull. Only thing I did was change the front sight to green. Mine has run flawless. One or 2 ammo related stoppages and that is about it. I did go about 3,000 without cleaning and it didn't miss a beat. My hands are medium as well and it fits me perfectly.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyl View Post
I realize this is old thread however is this gun as good as all the claims?
what is trigger pull like on it from factory? Will it need trigger work or good out of the box. any info appreciated
I went with the shadow 1, and it’s quite impressive, trigger pull is smooth, and pistol is amazingly accurate, if ever needed to bug out, and could only choose 1, the shadow would probably be it!