Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-03-2013, 04:57 PM

Default Anyone know a range that accepts emt?- Also known as TAKE MY MONEY!

Need to get an affiliate membership to an Alberta range, super quick, anyone know of one that accepts emt?
Old 06-03-2013, 06:29 PM

Thought that I wouldnt need a range membership to have a restricted delivered to my house, Wrong.
Had Silvercore, and they ofcourse said that they have ranges all around the country and works,
But as I gather from the call from the RCMP today, They only have ranges in BC and the Yukon, and that I need a membership with a club within alberta.

Now I am waiting to get sponsorship and get in at the Genesse Range,
but to get my already paid for pistol here, Need a membership letter asap to fax off..

Any ideas or suggestions would be great!
Dang silvercore!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:06 PM

These guys provide just what you need http://theshootingedge.com
Old 06-03-2013, 07:11 PM

Are you dealing with the AB CFO? The BC CFO is doing a lot of the permitting work for BC, AB and Sask (and MN?), always ask when the telephone is answered as calls are often redirected from AB to BC.

If you have a residence and a gun club in one province then you will be issued a LTATT for only one province. If you live in one province and belong to a gun club in another province then you should be issued a LTATT valid in both provinces. I suspect that the best would be a residence in BC and a club in NF or NS but YMMV. A residence in AB and a membership in the LWDR&G club (or Silvercore) should get you a LTATT valid for AB, BC and the Yukon.

Most of us understand that the CFOs have the power to make up new rules as they wish, and not all the clerks are officers or have the same training or requirements or read the rules the same way.

If you are required to join an Alberta club it is probably easier to pay the Phoenix Range $30. to join the Edmonton Shooters Guild which is an equivalent to the Silvercore Group. The Calgary Shooting Edge also has a similar paperwork club but it is $50 (IIRC). The alternate is to fight the CFO, good luck with that.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
These guys provide just what you need http://theshootingedge.com
Yeah, but cant take emt, and just trying to find something for tonight, CC is in the freezer lol
Old 06-03-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert View Post
Are you dealing with the AB CFO? The BC CFO is doing a lot of the permitting work for BC, AB and Sask (and MN?), always ask when the telephone is answered as calls are often redirected from AB to BC.

If you have a residence and a gun club in one province then you will be issued a LTATT for only one province. If you live in one province and belong to a gun club in another province then you should be issued a LTATT valid in both provinces. I suspect that the best would be a residence in BC and a club in NF or NS but YMMV. A residence in AB and a membership in the LWDR&G club (or Silvercore) should get you a LTATT valid for AB, BC and the Yukon.

Most of us understand that the CFOs have the power to make up new rules as they wish, and not all the clerks are officers or have the same training or requirements or read the rules the same way.

If you are required to join an Alberta club it is probably easier to pay the Phoenix Range $30. to join the Edmonton Shooters Guild which is an equivalent to the Silvercore Group. The Calgary Shooting Edge also has a similar paperwork club but it is $50 (IIRC). The alternate is to fight the CFO, good luck with that.
Thanks, Trying to find info about the Shooters Guild,
The clerk I spoke too said that I can get a ATT for the ranges in BC, but need to get a membership in AB to be able to get it to the border of the province.

I know butting heads and fighting with them will be the proper thing to do to ensure it doesnt get out of control,
Just need to find somewhere that can email or fax me a letter of membership, as I need to fax it in to be able to get my handgun paid for, then next week I will be joining the Genesse range.

Just trying to get it all dealt with tonight before I head out of town for work, Oy Vey!

--
Update

Shooters Guild Memberships have to be purchased in person,
cant do any over the phone, or the internet.
Can get someone to pick it up for me in Edmonton,
but thats about it.

Bollocks!

Last edited by 1000yards; 06-03-2013 at 07:38 PM.