Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-12-2020, 09:25 PM

Default Indian Matchmaker

A friend and I are watching a T v show called "Indian Matchmaker"

This Indian lady (from Mumbai) tries to match singles up.

She has at her disposal some credible assistants: one guy is a face reader. Yup he can look at your picture and basically tell if you are a schmuck of not

There is some religion and candle burning/water pouring moments too, but she is determined to make matches. She collects resumes or sorts and goes thru them and based on the resume, she sets up dates

Some are awkward as hell. Some are possibles. Some are outright god awful

Here is something my friend noticed A LOT......

Very consistently you hear "Im looking for a nice INDIAN guy or girl"...... or you hear "I am looking for my guy to be tall, nice smile and he has to be Indian or Gyanese"

I looked over at my friend and she said "Just imagine if a white guy said "oh the girl I want should be tall, slim, cute and she HAS TO BE WHITE",,.........people would lose their gd minds......

Funny how normally I couldnt give a crap what anyone says on TV, but the chick has a point. People WOULD lose their minds....

Last edited by huntinstuff; 08-12-2020 at 09:41 PM.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:28 PM

Put me on the show, I will say it and see what happens

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 08-12-2020, 09:34 PM

Is it so hard to believe that if you are raised in a certain culture, you would feel more comfortable around people of that same culture?
(My wife and myself are both white, so obviously we're raising our own chapter of the kkk. That's assuming the kkk takes girls? I sure hope those racists aren't sexist too.)
Old 08-12-2020, 09:37 PM

By the way, are we talking Indians from India, or Indians from Hobbema?
Just want to be ready with the proper ethnic slurs, and such.
I don't want to look like an idiot or anything.
Old 08-12-2020, 11:01 PM

I have said this exact thing for years. For example. Can you imagine a white gospel choir?🤣🤣😁
Old 08-12-2020, 11:29 PM

This is kind of on-topic as the young lady's Dad is mentioning her suitor should be Indian, but he does correct and allow for exceptions who have PhD's or doctorates. Sorry for the FB link but I can't locate the same edit on YouTube and won't go over to TikTok on principle. Its flipping hysterical, epic Dad humor

https://www.facebook.com/melaninisin...9368991400890/
Old 08-13-2020, 06:24 AM

Wonder what music the dad really listens to
Old 08-13-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Is it so hard to believe that if you are raised in a certain culture, you would feel more comfortable around people of that same culture?
(My wife and myself are both white, so obviously we're raising our own chapter of the kkk. That's assuming the kkk takes girls? I sure hope those racists aren't sexist too.)
The KKK had to start taking girls just to get the quality of the hoods up.

Sure, at first they had a few dudes that could sew, but then the accusations of being light in the loafers came out because everyone knows you had to be gay to be that good at sewing...

It was a flawed business plan from the start and if they had just been more inclusive their club would probably be doing a lot better these days...

Old 08-13-2020, 06:50 AM

Just a Bollywood Reality show.

Grizz
Old 08-13-2020, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
The KKK had to start taking girls just to get the quality of the hoods up.

Sure, at first they had a few dudes that could sew, but then the accusations of being light in the loafers came out because everyone knows you had to be gay to be that good at sewing...

It was a flawed business plan from the start and if they had just been more inclusive their club would probably be doing a lot better these days...

Flawed business plan for sure …… but what can you expect from a three toothed redneck who married his sister?
Old 08-13-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Here is something my friend noticed A LOT......

Very consistently you hear "Im looking for a nice INDIAN guy or girl"...... or you hear "I am looking for my guy to be tall, nice smile and he has to be Indian or Gyanese"

I looked over at my friend and she said "Just imagine if a white guy said "oh the girl I want should be tall, slim, cute and she HAS TO BE WHITE",,.........people would lose their gd minds......

Funny how normally I couldnt give a crap what anyone says on TV, but the chick has a point. People WOULD lose their minds....
Or instead of making it about skin colour you make it about nationality? Say I get on there and I only want a Canadian girl. Or I only want a Catholic/Jewish/agnostic girl. Don't see anything in your post about the show them saying they only want brown or black, you are the one that went racist TBH.

Who is putting it racially? Shows that if you are looking for racism in everything you will find racism in everything.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post
Or instead of making it about skin colour you make it about nationality? Say I get on there and I only want a Canadian girl. Or I only want a Catholic/Jewish/agnostic girl. Don't see anything in your post about the show them saying they only want brown or black, you are the one that went racist TBH.

Who is putting it racially? Shows that if you are looking for racism in everything you will find racism in everything.
Sorry, we're so fixated on our own racism, we overlook it in other races, but it is there and Big Time.

Grizz
Old 08-13-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:

We just found the ideology on the show completely contrary to everything that is going on now.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
We just found the ideology on the show completely contrary to everything that is going on now.
I agree with you there. But I think my point remains, they never asked for brown or black.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
I agree with you there. But I think my point remains, they never asked for brown or black.
Oh this one did

The girls were specific. The dude had to be indian otherwise they dont understand the culture

No white guys to be seen on this show
Old 08-13-2020, 02:30 PM

why would any white guy want to be on a show like that
Old 08-13-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK71 View Post
Its not a show for white guys to participate

Thats my point

Not for black or oriental or FN guys either
Old 08-13-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK71 View Post
My daughter in Law is East Indian. I share a Netflix account with them and her family , so I get a whole bunch of Bollywood stuff coming across my screen. Some of the documentaries are really good and give you a view of Indian society we never see, like the lingering caste system, outlawed but still endemic.

Grizz