Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-17-2017, 10:40 AM

Default 12g. CIL won't feed Federal shot shells

So.....Quite awhile ago I received a CIL 12g. pump, model 607 td series c, made in Montreal. The action was loose and the trigger would stick in the fired position, never fired it but it cycled Imperial ammo just fine. 4 years later I decided to see if I could fix it, even after hearing scary stories of how complicated they were. I took it apart, (everything but the trigger assembly, which I saw had a mis-aligned spring, so I fixed that to its proper position, and cleaned all with a toothbrush and solvent. Also I cleaned everything else.) Found out that is all that was wrong with it, as it locks up tight now and the trigger makes a nice crisp return. I had purchased some Federal #4 bird-shot some-time ago, and tried to cycle that through. It gets stuck in the feed tube, where the follower stop is. Shells go in, but don't come out. Still feeds Imperial no problem. So after examining the Federal shells, I realized the rim is a little deformed on 2 separate boxes, so not just one shell but all of them..... The only part of the shotgun I couldn't get apart was the feed tube off of the receiver, of course. I could strap it in a lathe and bore it a couple thousands of and inch if I could remove it. I haven't tried heat yet, as that is a last resort. If anyone knows how to remove the feed tube, your advice would be welcome. If not, then Thanks for reading this far.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:47 AM

That is a Savage 67 IIRC, the gun was a rebranded Savage .
It has been many years but I think you have to unscrew the top of the mag where it is held at the barrel then it can be taken out
I think the 607 has a permanently fixed barrel
Cat
Old 02-17-2017, 01:00 PM

Hi Cat. Actually on this one the nut on the end of the magazine unscrews to allow the barrel to be turned a 1/4 turn clockwise for barrel removal, then pulling straight back on barrel. Very easy. I think most of the trouble I am having researching this gun is the fact that it has an 18" barrel, so I when I see a picture of a longer barreled gun, I pass it by. Methinks the previous owner shortened the barrel and reattached the bead site. So now I will pay more attention to the longer barreled guns and possibly find a solution. Thanks for responding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender shotgun.jpg (131.2 KB, 20 views)
Old 02-17-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris762 View Post
Hi Cat. Actually on this one the nut on the end of the magazine unscrews to allow the barrel to be turned a 1/4 turn clockwise for barrel removal, then pulling straight back on barrel. Very easy. I think most of the trouble I am having researching this gun is the fact that it has an 18" barrel, so I when I see a picture of a longer barreled gun, I pass it by. Methinks the previous owner shortened the barrel and reattached the bead site. So now I will pay more attention to the longer barreled guns and possibly find a solution. Thanks for responding.
OH JEEPERS!
I have it mixed up with the C.I.L. 621! Sorry!
Let me check my Brownell's book when I get home for the treardown and repair instructions and I will PM you.

Cat