Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-28-2016, 09:27 PM

Default Bow Sights

Hey everyone,

New to the forum and looking for some advice. I am fairly new to archery and looking at buying a new sight. I have saved up some money and now ready to buy.Was looking at the Spot Hogg seven deadly Pins and also the field logic iq. Any reviews on either of these or others you would recommend.

Thanks.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:59 PM

You will find lots of spot Hogg fans on here and for good reason they are good sights but s bit heavy for my liking. I switched from an HHA single pin to an IQ and have been very happy with it.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:45 PM

Both are good sights but personally I think the armor tech axcel sight is the bomb. New generation complete micro adjust and lighter than spot hogg
Old 12-28-2016, 10:50 PM

I use Spot Hogg and while they may be a touch heavy....they are bullet proof. I have several friends who use the Axcel sights and have had a branch go through the housing and destroy pins. For durability, it's tough to beat the Spot Hogg but at the cost of some weight. The Hogg-It sights are great as far as a fixed pin sight goes. The Tommy Hogg is an excellent adjustable hunting sight.

LC
Old 12-28-2016, 11:09 PM

Maybe a heavy sight reduces the need for a stab haha
I've been happy with my cbe. If I'm shopping for another hunting sight I'll be looking at spot hogg and cbe. Axcel sounds interesting but the prices I've seen would turn me away. Maybe I'm just not finding them in the right places. I highly recommend an adjustable sight if you have the distance and time to practice longer ranges. It's just so much fun for shooting paper.
Enjoy looking for what you want out of a sight. The reason there are so many options is not everyone agrees on what's best for them
Old 12-28-2016, 11:34 PM

I currently am using the seven deadly pins. The sight is bullet proof and has not let me down. That said, the pins will take a long time to sight in. Also, there is no 3rd axis adjustment on this model as far as I can tell. Had I known that when I bought it then I would have bought the 5 pin hunter model, it has the 3rd axis.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:20 AM

I'd give you my 7 pin IQ sight, but only if I had another to replace it....

Man, I love that sight! I'm not sure what everyone is talking about having a tough sight, but I've never had issues with the IQ. Pins have always remained straight, pins start to glow well before legal shooting light and stop well after. I found a rheostat light that screws into the bottom for use inside a ground blind (haven't tried that yet)

And then there's the No-peep alignment system that's built in. Having used a No-peep since the 2nd year of my Bowhunting adventures, when I saw the IQ I was intrigued. My setup with the IQ is just the sight; there is no string peep on my bow and I shoot just as accurately out to 80 yards as I would if I had a string peep, but there is no low light hinderance of a string peep (but other advantages exist as well)

The only draw back for me initially was that I wanted vertical pins not the horizontal that most sights have. But that "want" quickly faded and I got used to horizontal pins again.

NeverTooOld, feel free to PM me if you want some more information privately...

Best of luck in your choice

J.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:59 PM

I have a CBE sight that I really like, but I've come to learn that they are a pain in the ass when you accidentally fall and bend the pins.