Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 07-15-2016, 10:19 AM

Default Moyles

Just got prices for tanning in the states. $26 US for a coyote. Boy are we ever geting bent over here in Canada. I'm going to try and sent some down there and see what the process is. They sent me the paperwork and it doesn't seem that bad. Anyone done it? Sad that we can't keep business in Canada I know but when they want $110+ for a coyote here it is getting stupid.
$59 for a wolf compared to $250 here.......
Old 07-15-2016, 01:21 PM
AO Sponsor

You need to check with US Fish and Wildlife Service to ascertain whether you need an import/export licence, you will likely need to have an inspection done by them and may need to do some type of import/export paperwork.

A guy down here uses Moyle every year, it's not difficult, but he/they may be cutting some corners in the whole process.
Old 07-16-2016, 11:33 AM

Nube, In addition to a price check, are you confirming Where they are doing the tanning?

Not much tanning being done in the US anymore, nor Mexico and Canada....It is simply becoming too expensive to properly dispose of the tanning chemicals and waste products.
The best prices come from shipping to China where the environmental laws are a bit more relaxed.

---

Food for thought for all....

Ask your tanner where the processing work is being done.
"You" may be playing part in promoting a disgusting pollution problem, something I am assured you would never agree with just to save a few dollars....

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."