Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 07-08-2016, 10:59 AM

Default Junior or Partner

Hi

Since it seems that I can't find a decent trapline at a decent price. I decided to look to be partner or Junior on a line.

I am retired with lots of time on my hands. I am experience .

So if anybody needs a junior or know anybody that is looking for a partner or junior, please let them know or let me know.

Willing to go pretty well anywhere .

Thanks guys
Old 07-09-2016, 08:02 AM

A guy was buying a line south of Edson a few weeks back and was looking for partners, check back about 1 month for posting.
Old 07-09-2016, 11:40 AM

There are a lot of lines around for still a decent price Serge. The one next to me is for sale and Is what I think a fair price. Might be able to get it for a tad less than mine. 4 townships 2 cabins and on the athabasca.

I just hit a home run and got permission to be a JR on a line this past week but just for wolves. The trapper doesn't chase them too hard and has a pile of them on there from what I saw last winter. I am really excited about it and hope to be able to pull 20 wolves off his line. Will leave mine a lone for wolf this year I think unless I see numbers are still strong but I beat them up a bit last year.....Got 300 wolf snares made already this year and 20 buckets of wolf stink bait ready to roll!!!!
Old 07-10-2016, 10:04 AM

Nube, I just got drawn for my moose tag in WMU347 on your trapline. You keep hitting those wolves hard so I can have some moose to hunt. I was impressed with your wolf catches last winter.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:07 PM

lol I actually saw a lot more moose this spring than past years. Not sure if that was because of thinning out some wolves or I was just lucky. Time will tell. Been seeing some more elk around as well right near my one cabin.
This new line I got a Jr on is going to be real good I think. Been talking to a few people about it and I think I have at least 3 packs to work on. Hope it goes well. A bit more of a drive but I think it will be worth it.

What area are you planning on hunting Big Grey? Maybe PM me your name and number and if I am out that way you can spend a night in the cabin or if I see anything while I am up there I can give you a quick call.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:24 AM

Nube, we have a new cabin on the north end of our line so handy to your line other than all the Oil and ANC traffic in WMU 347. Look forward to us meeting up though in the fall to trade ideas on wolf/coyote hunting, liked some of your techniques.