Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 07-06-2016, 11:51 AM

Default Wolf Creek Fly Company

http://www.wolfcreekflies.ca

I read these forums quite often, it sucks that this is my first post....

I'm wondering if anyone has any info or feedback about this company?

I placed an order on June 11th for about 170 dollars worth of flies and streamers, it was promptly delivered, like within three or four days. Considering I'm in Calgary and he runs his business out of Turner Valley, which is about an hour's drive, that's an adequate delivery time.

I decided to place another order on June 15th, more flies, this time about 80 dollars worth. I'm still waiting for the order to come!

A week or so after I placed the unfilled order I had a brief email exchange about an Epic fly rod he has listed on his site that I was interested in buying. He offered to send pictures of the rod, I replied: 'yes, please do', I mentioned I was still waiting for my 80 dollar order to come, I wasn't concerned at that point, no need to be. After that reply the communication line went dead, I've called numerous times, no answer, left voicemails, at one point his voicemailbox was full, since been emptied allowing me to leave another message. Emails have been sent as well.

Three weeks and nothing to show.

I didn't want to jump to conclusions because the guy could be in the hospital with a coma for all I know. Which would be absolutely horrible, if thats the case. But his voicemail has been emptied during the span of the three weeks.

It's also worth mentioning that he is going out of business and liquidating his stock..

His first name is Stan, I know his last name as well because of our email communication, I won't put it out there. I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or any feedback about the/his situation. Does anyone know him personally? Is he okay? Also a fair warning to anyone thinking about purchasing flies from him.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:46 PM

I've ordered around $80 worth of flies from him on two occasions. First time after 3 or 4 days I called to get an update and Stan said they were in transit. The flies showed up the next day. Second order came about 4 days after I ordered it.

Can't say I wasn't pretty pleased with both transactions. He seemed like a pretty good dude when I spoke with him on the phone. Didn't seem like there would be anything to worry about. I know quite a few others who have ordered from him in the last as well with no issues.

Maybe he was an Oilers fan and couldn't handle the return on the Taylor hall trade?
Old 07-10-2016, 11:32 AM

Default Wolf creek

Stan has always been great in the past, but I am also having issues with my last order, and no response from Stan.
This is not like him. hope everything is ok.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:41 PM

Yeah, still no word or sign of a package on my end. It's been almost a month.

I spoke to visa today and they're going to freeze the transaction and within 6-8 weeks I should have a full refund returned to my card.

Let's be honest, being an oilers fan is no excuse, never has been.

On the bright side, I caught a 32" chubby boss of a bully on a streamer I purchased from him on a previous order.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:36 PM

Default Wolf creek

Got my order today. Still no contact though. The product he sells is very good.
Sorry to here he is closing out.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ittukaluk View Post
On the bright side, I caught a 32" chubby boss of a bully on a streamer I purchased from him on a previous order.

Wow. That is an impressive Bull. BC fish? Do you happen to have a picture you'd be willing to share? Thanks.

Dace
Old 07-12-2016, 09:31 AM

It does say he is liquidating on his site. Hopefully he is just on holidays fishing somewhere with out any way to access his messages.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:34 AM

Unless he has stock flies on hand, deliveries from custom tyers like myself is usually 10 days to 2 weeks. There is a difference between shops with large stock and custom tyers. That said he still should give you progress reports, its customer service.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations
Old 07-12-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Boy View Post
It does say he is liquidating on his site. Hopefully he is just on holidays fishing somewhere with out any way to access his messages.
http://www.wolfcreekflies.ca/blogs/news
Old 07-12-2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daceminnow View Post
Wow. That is an impressive Bull. BC fish? Do you happen to have a picture you'd be willing to share? Thanks.

Dace
Give or take an inch.... That's an Alberta bull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurly View Post
Got my order today. Still no contact though. The product he sells is very good.
Sorry to here he is closing out.
I'm glad you got your order, that means ultimately he's okay and not injured or sick. I've left him voicemails and emails like I mentioned earlier, one expressed my frustration in the lack of communication, which in hindsight I feel kind of guilty for, thinking that he could actually be injured in a hospital. I'm still frustrated, but I'm not going to dwell on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bully.jpg (42.0 KB, 65 views)
Old 07-13-2016, 07:49 PM

I came home to a package from Wolf Creek Flies.

It took a month and he didn't answer calls, voicemails or emails the whole time.

Case closed.

Tags
wolf creek fly company, wolfcreekflies.ca