Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-03-2016, 11:36 AM

Default How's Gull Lake???

How's your experiences at Gull Lake? Where's the fish????
Old 02-03-2016, 11:55 AM

dead, skunked 2X lol
Old 02-03-2016, 12:07 PM

Default Slow

All my whitefish activity yesterday at sandy point was first and last light. Spent the day with just tip-ups for pike & burbs. Managed 1 pike about 5lbs mid day. Went back to the shallows for the last 2 hours, lost a white, then stayed till dark for walleye & burbot. Gave up at 630pm, reeled up my line, pulled my minnow off and tossed it in the hole. I was packing up when I noticed a line on the flasher and heard a splash, couldn't believe it but there was a burbot in my hole! His barbells were out of the water and he was trying to eat my minnow! Scared the hell out of me, lol

Rigged back up and fished after he left but only had one fish come in and I couldn't interest them in a bite with either a spoon & minnow head or a jig & minnow. I'm guessing a walleye the way it hung around and followed my bait on the flasher.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:19 PM

I have had two really good times in the past week just east of brownlows with perch, but all little. Caught a couple 8" but the rest were way smaller. Pike swam by but no interest, one burbot did the same, no walleye or whites seen at all
Old 02-03-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrass View Post
How's your experiences at Gull Lake? Where's the fish????
It's awesome!!

The fish are in the lake. Can't you find any?

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=279004
Old 02-03-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleh01 View Post
All my whitefish activity yesterday at sandy point was first and last light. Spent the day with just tip-ups for pike & burbs. Managed 1 pike about 5lbs mid day. Went back to the shallows for the last 2 hours, lost a white, then stayed till dark for walleye & burbot. Gave up at 630pm, reeled up my line, pulled my minnow off and tossed it in the hole. I was packing up when I noticed a line on the flasher and heard a splash, couldn't believe it but there was a burbot in my hole! His barbells were out of the water and he was trying to eat my minnow! Scared the hell out of me, lol

Rigged back up and fished after he left but only had one fish come in and I couldn't interest them in a bite with either a spoon & minnow head or a jig & minnow. I'm guessing a walleye the way it hung around and followed my bait on the flasher.
Cool story
Old 02-03-2016, 05:38 PM

SUPER slow for me last time out(yesterday,). Day before caught limit of perch(all good ones) in ten minutes. Go figure
Old 02-03-2016, 07:04 PM

Default GullLake Access?

I was there Monday night with just a rod, bait and an auger on my way home from a job in Edmonton and I forgot to look up lake access the night before and couldn't seem to find a way onto it when it was darker so gave up.