Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-23-2012, 10:00 PM

Default Tuesday near Bashaw

Hey Everyone, I'm going to be in the Bashaw Area on Tuesday (June 26) to drop my Shotgun off at Bashaw Sports to get worked on, and I was wondering if anyone in the area (within a half hour) would like to get together and shoot. I need to sight in my rifle, but don't have an area to do so at the moment. So I am wondering if anyone would like to shoot with me. I'll be in the area from approximately 8 am-4 pm.

Feel free to PM me.

-Jeff
Old 06-24-2012, 10:40 AM

Default Tuesday near Bashaw.

I'd think twice before I'd hand my gun over to Bashaw!! I'd go to Stettler if it were me. My buddies and I have had nothing but grief from those rubes. One friend took his rifle there a year and a half ago, and just picked it up. Nothing had been done to it. Other guy picked up his gun after waiting for it and not getting it done. When he did parts were lost. You couldn't get me in there with a baseball bat. Plus there level of arrogance is a turn off, it makes me wonder why people go there? Only game in town I guess.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:51 PM

I agree, I haven't had and personal experiences in Bashaw but a friend to I rifle there with a problem. Kept threatening to pick up the gun after close to a year, he went in and the fixed it right In front of him in 10 minutes. They where to lazy to go do anything about it.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:11 PM

I have dealt with Bashaw Sports for close to 30 years, and I have always been treated to very good customer service. They often have items that nobody else stocks, and I don't have to stand in line, or put up with people that haven't a clue, like at the large chain stores.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I have dealt with Bashaw Sports for close to 30 years, and I have always been treated to very good customer service. They often have items that nobody else stocks, and I don't have to stand in line, or put up with people that haven't a clue, like at the large chain stores.
X2. They have never done me wrong.

Do any gun shops out there ever have fast turn around? My experience is no. There just aren't enough of them.

If you need reloading components this is likely the best place in Alberta to buy. Chain stores and other local stores have a paltry selection.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:43 PM

As for shooting I can't help you out during office hours. Have you tried to join any of the local gun clubs?
Old 06-25-2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Not referring to their retail abilities, their gun smith wait times are painfully slow. FS