Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-12-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
couldn't ship a newspaper across Calgary by courier for $5 so I am not seeing a flat of ammo going any where for $5.

Seeing is believing, or someone got their wires crossed on the shipping estimate?

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 03-13-2012, 04:33 PM

Default nice pic

there is the proof i guess. that is going to be a crap load of shells i thought two cases would be good. starting to second guess my self. the birds are back in strong numbers already if this is a indication of what the fall is going to be like i got one word, AWESOME
Old 03-13-2012, 04:44 PM

yup that is what it says, lets see if it is delivered for that price.
If it sounds too good to be true? Guess I am just a skeptic!
Old 03-13-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
yup that is what it says, lets see if it is delivered for that price.
If it sounds too good to be true? Guess I am just a skeptic!
Yes I hope too , Just hope to get the shells let alone ship them.

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 03-13-2012, 06:12 PM

Default on hold

got the email today that said my order is recieved and now on hold. hopefully this is a good thing.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:33 PM

Anyone get there orders or hear anything yet?
Old 06-12-2012, 10:43 PM

This ain't looking good
Old 06-12-2012, 11:04 PM

havent heard boo, not holding my breath!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:14 AM

Default Kent anyone

I have a few flats of 3 inch Fasteel to sell. $135 per case, some BB,2's. FS
Old 06-13-2012, 09:08 AM

Default BB

I will take a flat of BB's
Old 06-13-2012, 12:35 PM

One thing you folks might consider is WHEN does WSS NEED their stock of Black Cloud to arrive ----- in time for hunting season!!! I'd say that would be August.
They don't want 100 or 200,000.00 or more of inventory sitting on the floor or in the whse doing nothing. If they bulk ship the whole works at once, it is cheaper on freight, they put it out when it arrives, and it starts selling right away.
And they won't really care if the price changes a bit, or a lot, someone will buy it if you don't. Although a smart purchaser would book it at a guaranteed cost, doesn't mean the management can't tinker with it when it arrives, to make an extra point or two on it, if it is there to be had.
And it isn't just them that think like that.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:41 PM

Just wondering if anyone recieved Thier orders yet. They have about 10cases of snow goose, reg, and i think i saw the new highspeed too here in leth I just bought one case but at reg price. Figure if leth wss has some then Guys should be getting Thier orders.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:04 PM

I will NEVER buy anything from WSS again. Worst service in the world and they NEVER have anything in stock.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKing View Post
I will NEVER buy anything from WSS again. Worst service in the world and they NEVER have anything in stock.
X2 I just bought a gun from them and what a run around they wanted me to fax my drivers licens and pal to them then they accidentaly cancelled the order so I had to re order but the money was already taken off my visa what a night mare
Old 06-23-2012, 06:28 PM

Default Wss

Why is it that the HA HA crowd at the hunting counter, looking like they just stepped out of their blind has 2 or 3 staff standing there listening to how good these fellows think they are, and what they should do next time, cause it didn't work last time, get all the attention? You know they aren't going to spend any cash at that time, and everyone else stands around and waits for their turn to ask a question, or just up and leaves The guys in the fishing department are great and are better in the hunting dept than the staff that is currently there
Sorry, just had to vent, hopefully it gets better.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:35 PM

I have no problem with their staff but I would never order anything from them. If you ask at the time of order do you have it in stock, they don't have a clue. Most times they will say yes and then phone you two weeks later asking if you want to back order. Very sad situation as they had or should have had the Canadian market sown up, they dropped the ball big time and now they loss out to Cabelas, Basspro etc. If you want good service order from Cabelas USA, you will know within a day and usually as you fill out the order if they are out of stock on something. I would prefer to buy Canadian but have never found near the service that Cabelas USA provides. What's the point in ordering something and knowing you won't find out for two weeks if it is even in stock. I shake my head every time I think about it, what a wasted opportunity by WSS.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:46 PM

Hey b*tchers and whiners start your own whine and complain thread or search for the other whine and complain about wss threads. I could care less I ressurected this thread for It's OP and info not to for it to get derailed by your poor experiances.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
One thing you folks might consider is WHEN does WSS NEED their stock of Black Cloud to arrive ----- in time for hunting season!!! I'd say that would be August.
They don't want 100 or 200,000.00 or more of inventory sitting on the floor or in the whse doing nothing. If they bulk ship the whole works at once, it is cheaper on freight, they put it out when it arrives, and it starts selling right away.
And they won't really care if the price changes a bit, or a lot, someone will buy it if you don't. Although a smart purchaser would book it at a guaranteed cost, doesn't mean the management can't tinker with it when it arrives, to make an extra point or two on it, if it is there to be had.
And it isn't just them that think like that.
When a sports shop buys ammo from Kent or anyone they get terms and those terms are always extended to Sept.30, so that can have much of it sold before they have to pay the bill. FS