Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-15-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaRaptor35 View Post
I had the complete opposite happen for me. My PAL was set to expire this coming May, so being diligent I applied via their online system at the end of January to make sure there was enough time. To my surprise, five days later I had my new card in my hand... I have no idea why it was so quick. To be honest, when got the RCMP letter in the mail I though they were contacting me because there was a problem or something... but nope, 5 day turn around on my licences. Still can't believe it.
Does your new licence expire in Jan/22 or May/22?
Old 02-16-2017, 11:57 AM

Mine took over 12 montages to receive. After getting fed up I sent a letter to my MP and after receiving a reply from him it was expressed post to my door step in 2 days. That was for Rpal
Old 02-16-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyderGuy View Post
Mine took over 12 montages to receive. After getting fed up I sent a letter to my MP and after receiving a reply from him it was expressed post to my door step in 2 days. That was for Rpal
Man, 12 montages... That's a lot.

Old 02-16-2017, 04:42 PM
Banned

Well I surely don't want to take sides here. But I've been licensed since the days of the FAC's. Been through PAL and RPAL aquisitions and never had an issue nor a hold up. Mind you, I check several times over and over again that I've checked every box and answered every question truthfully. Been married to the same gal for 40 years and she's pro-guns. She's got 4 of her own. I don't recall ever having to wait more than a month for approval.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:06 PM
Banned

Mine expires this September. I renewed it over the Internet on 03 feb and received it today. I figured that's not to bad for timing.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
Mine expires this September. I renewed it over the Internet on 03 feb and received it today. I figured that's not to bad for timing.
Wow, you're being extremely pro-active. A good thing for sure. I renewed mine on the internet 2 months before expiry and got the same result. The early bird gets the worm eh!
Old 02-16-2017, 05:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Wow, you're being extremely pro-active. A good thing for sure. I renewed mine on the internet 2 months before expiry and got the same result. The early bird gets the worm eh!
Tim at corlanes told me to get in early, the lady at Barton's said don't submit it to early because they'll just sit on it and that I also had to renew my gun club membership for my rpal. Tim was right she was wrong and I'm happy with the turn around time.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:48 AM

Sent in paperwork for pal/rpal on Nov 5 and received in the mail Feb 17.